main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NM Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince .:!Spoilers Allowed!:.

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Jaina Byrd, Jul 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaina Byrd

Jaina Byrd Jedi Master star 4

Feb 21, 1999
    Beware of spoilers!

Let's discuss it once we've finished it. I know I won't be around while I'm reading it, but I wanted to go ahead and start the thread.

2. gloomypadme

gloomypadme Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 9, 2002
    I already finished it and I'm really sad. I cried for a while and now I'm just in awe of it, it is brilliant and the best so far(to me). I'm still a little uncomfortable putting spoilers on this, so I'll wait a while. :_|

3. Red_8

Red_8 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 31, 2004
    I havent started reading it yet, but I kind of scaned ahead and found out who died.......:_| I was in shock fo a little while. I did the same thing for Vector Prime, and found out that chewie died, I really got to stop that.

4. Jaina Byrd

Feb 21, 1999
    Yeah, that was a bad thing to do... well, I'll start it. People have had a few posts to warn them away. And here's another: I AM UNDOUBTEDLY USING SPOILERS NOW, SO DO NOT KEEP READING!

How could he? How could Snape? After everything Dumbledore has done for him? He just dashed it away like it was nothing. Call me crazy, but it almost seemed staged, to me. Maybe I'm just in denial about the whole thing, but Dumbledore had not pleaded with anyone who'd come out at that point, and at that very moment, he went soft and started begging to Severus. I'm probably just in denial, but how could he be gone? The Wizarding Community needs him so badly. I cried for like an hour about it.

In other news, EEEEEEEeeeeee! [face_love] Harry and Ginny! Ron and Hermione! It's all coming together perfectly. I hate that bullcrap about why he can't go out with Ginny, though. That's dumb. And LJ, YOU WERE RIGHT, about Tonks and Lupin. Oh, you were so right.

5. SWJaggy

SWJaggy Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 9, 2003
    Red, I didn't know you were into H.P.:confused:

6. Red_8

Jul 31, 2004
    I thought I told you. Well I guess not. Yeah, I do like harry potter. The stories are pretty cool, you should give the books a shot.

7. SWJaggy

SWJaggy Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 9, 2003
    I tried with one of them once. Don't remember which. Got bored at the very beginning. I also tried watching one of the movies and couldn't get into it. Just not my thing I suppose.

8. NM_Mandalorian

NM_Mandalorian Jedi Youngling star 3

May 16, 2005
    I must say I have never read a book, but the movies were decent. I will definitely catch the new movie at some point when it comes out. As for the books though, it is hard for me to read any book not Star Wars related.

9. gloomypadme

Mar 9, 2002
    I think that R.A.B is Sirius' bother, Regalus Black, but I could be wrong since he's supposed to be dead. However, dead people have come back to life in this series so. . . Plus his handwriting was a little Padfoot like.

10. Jaina Byrd

Feb 21, 1999
    I have to agree that Regulus is probably the best bet, but my immediate thought had been Amelia Bones, with perhaps an "R" first name she didn't use. Again, she's dead too. So it's all up in the air! The only thing... why would Regulus Black be after Voldemort? They're on the same side. It's probably not that simple, I guess.

11. gloomypadme

Mar 9, 2002
    Well, in Order of the Phoenix it said that he wanted out of the Death Eaters, so maybe that's why he's after him. And who knows maybe he has some feelings about his brother getting killed and not liking that very much. But like you said it's probably not that simple and it might be somebody we've never heard of before.

12. ObeyTheFist

ObeyTheFist Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 18, 2004
    I thought it was stated in OOP that Regalus was dead? Killed for wanting to get out? Harry asks Sirius if it was Voldemort who did it and his response was "he wasn't important enough to be killed by him."

13. Jedi_Master_Xiania

Jedi_Master_Xiania Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 11, 2004
    Oh geez I'm late noticing this thread!! My first comment is this is the best HP book yet!! I love HBP and will re-read it soon as I catch up on sleep![face_laugh] I cried so hard and so long after I found out Dumbledore was dead. I re-read that part like four times and was convinced he'd come back! I was even crying when he was in pain drinking from that fake Horcrux!! I love Dumbledore!:_| I was shocked that Severus Snape was made DADA teacher! I was also really happy that Remus Lupin and Tonks got together:D:D. I love them as a couple! I also like Bill and Fleur and Harry and Ginny together! I mean if Snape is really on Voldemort's side he's a dirty rotten lier! After all the time Albus trusted him! How could he??? HOW COULD HE??? I really hope this is some part of Albus's plan, otherwise I will personally murder Severus myself ( and he was one of my favorites, just thought he had a tough childhood and really misunderstood.) I feel really sorry for Merope, poor thing, she had a terrible family and Tom Riddle acted horrible to her!! Anyway, the whole book was facinating! I loved it to death! Thank you JK!!!
    ---Potterholic for life! Oh, and btw I got third in the costume contest!;) --

14. Jaina Byrd

Feb 21, 1999
    Whooooaaa there, LJ. ;) Take a deep breath. :p

15. gloomypadme

Mar 9, 2002
    Well I read a theory that maybe he destroyed it before he was killed. And that Slughorn thought that he had potential because he was in his club. Maybe Sirius just didn't know his brother that well.

16. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    I thought RAB was also Sirius' brother. Sirius said he was dead, but not important enough to be killed personally by Voldemort - so perhaps whoever was sent to kill Regalus didn't quite manage to do it, or left him to die, but he didn't really die. So he's been in hiding. And now going back for revenge against the Death Eaters and moldy Voldy.

However, would Kreacher know if another Black is still alive?

Also, I WANT to believe that Dumbledore being killed by Snape is part of the plan. I'm hoping we get some sort of Obi-Wan mentorship going on here with Albus and Harry. Albus' portrait is up in the Headmaster's office - so why couldn't Albus already had all this information ready for Harry when he died, but could still pass it on to Harry and Minerva. Now that she's Headmistress, she'll have his constant advice. Does this also make McGonagall the head of the Order?

Too many questions, too many questions.

Again, more references to Harry having Lily's eyes. I thought I read somewhere that this will be important.

Do you really think Ginny's just gonna give up on Harry so easily? :confused: Yeah, me neither.

Okay, back to Snape and Dumbeldore. This has pretty much cemented Snape back into the Death Eater crowd. Now, is he still playing the servant? Or is he really thick in with the good side? Was this all part of a grand plan?

There's just so much to think about. What can the other horcruxes be? I couldn't find any hints for the possible Ravenclaw and Gryffindor artifacts for those two horcruxes.

I'm just so confunded right now...

17. Red_8

Jul 31, 2004
    I just finished the book. I cant belive what happend. Why did Dumdledore trust snape so much? I wonder if the Horcruxes that R.A.B. got was destroyed. The book was great, this is the first Harry Potter book thatmade me cry. I was really happy to see that Harry and Ginny hooked up. But I cant help feel a little depresed. Ron and Hermione was a givin. I always knew that they harbord feelings for each other. Why couldnt Harry and Ginny stay together. Harry oviously pulled some stupid excuse out of his butt. I dont think that Ginny will give up on him.

So I guess we are left with the question..... How the hell is Harry going to destroy those final Horcruxes and destroy Voldermort?

And from that another question rises..... What really happend to Dumbledore? Is it possible that What Snape did is all part of a plan that has been years in the making? Or is Dumdledore really gone? What now..... Rowling cant just leave us hanging like that..... I hope the new book is finished soon! But I guess you cant rush a master piece.

18. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    She, sadly, won't start writing until the end of the year.

*sigh*

:_|

19. Jedi_Master_Xiania

Jul 11, 2004
    I have a lot of questions, ahh the joy of HP! My biggest of course was why did Albus trust Sev so much, like most people. I am hoping that this is some plan of Albus's. Albus is an accomplished Legimens. He could tell when people are lying to him. I want to know Sev's story! Darn it JK! Harry broke up with Ginny because things are getting so heated with Voldemort. Now that Harry knows about the Horcruxes, he will be hot on Volemort's tail. He doesn't want any romantic entaglements because he's already afraid Voldemort will get to him through his friends, and Voldemort would definatly go after his girlfriend. Ginny and Harry will probably get together (If Harry survives that is!) after the final battle with Voldemort. My big question is when Voldemort will discover the life debt Wormtail owes to Harry. I mean how does Voldemort even know that Pettigrew's nickname at school was Wormtail? I thought only the Maurders and the ones who read the map knew that! I'm thinking Draco is going to have to bite it, because Voldemort's going to be ticked. I also think there will only be one surviving member of the trio, and I think it will be Hermione. After all Harry is a tragic hero.

20. Red_8

Jul 31, 2004
    I agree with you about Harry, I think that Rowling had the full intentions of killing Harry of at the end of the series. Thats ok though, at least Hermiome might still live...... [face_praying] =P~

21. Jaina Byrd

Feb 21, 1999
    I don't think any of the trio will die. I've been wrong before. But still... the thing with Harry is that the last word of book 7 is supposed to be "scar". This leads me to believe the last sentence could be something about, "Voldemort would never be a danger to the wizarding world again, but as a reminder, Harry would always have his scar."

I'm no wordsmith like Rowling, but I would hope it would be something to that effect. Not to mention, every book is from Harry's point of view, unless in the first chapter of almost every book, when it's from someone else's. How could you finish the book if Harry's consciousness left? The thing about Ron and Hermione is that there is a lot less assurance that they'll live, and unfortunately, Ron is probably worst off. However, I guess this is wishful thinking, I don't think he'll die. It's likely though, that as soon as Hermione and Ron have admitted their love for one another, one will die defending the other. I would absolutely HATE that. But stupid things like that happen in these kinds of stories. [face_frustrated]

22. Red_8

Jul 31, 2004
    I dont know if the exact reason for Harry's scar was ever explained, Its been so long since I have read the first book. But wouldnt it be kind of cool if his scar is a Horcrux. That would be a pretty cool twist for the final book.

23. Jedi_Master_Xiania

Jul 11, 2004
    Red 8, the reason for Harry's scar is that the Avada Kadarva curse touched him there then rebounded onto Voldemort.

24. Red_8

Jul 31, 2004
    Oh... well...

So then I wonder whats next? I am ripping my hair out trying to figure everything out.

25. gloomypadme

Mar 9, 2002
    I'm so amused that a Harry Potter thread is the most active one on the board. What nerds we are, I love it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.