main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince ***Spoilers***

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by Jedi_Master_Conor, Jul 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AcklayComeHome

AcklayComeHome Jedi Master star 7

Apr 27, 2002
    That Crabbe is nothing but trouble...and no wonder he's so good with that fire curse.

2. gonzoforce

gonzoforce Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 27, 2002
    I haven't read Deathly hollows in awhile, is Crabbe even in that book? I wonder if he'll be in the movie now cause of this.

3. MasterGandalf

MasterGandalf Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 8, 2009
    Crabbe and Goyle are in Deathly Hallows in a brief, but important scene. One of them (I think it's Crabbe) casts a fiendfyre curse in the Room of Requirement, which he looses control over. It kills him, but also destroys the Room and one of the Horcruxes. Harry saves both Draco and Goyle, for which Draco appears to be utterly ungrateful.

4. gonzoforce

gonzoforce Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 27, 2002
    ah thanks, now I remember that scene from the book.

5. Merlin_Ambrosius69

Merlin_Ambrosius69 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 4, 2008
    I don't know what the anti-marijuana laws are like in the UK, but it looks like he's been bailed out. He can't have more than a few weeks of work to do on DH 1 & 2. He's a minor character and will not have to be on set for very long. Since this is his first offense (I'm assuming), he probably won't get jail-time and will be able to do the work required.

6. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    Spiffy new pictures guys

As much as I like the Smnape one, the one with Dumbledore near the billboard is rather funny.

7. leia_naberrie

leia_naberrie Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2002
    I'm not a Draco fan, but even I think that's rather harsh. Draco wasn't so much being ungrateful to Harry as he was determined that Harry saves him and Goyle|Crabbe. Which is... kind of awesome of him considering that Goyle|Crabbe had just rebelled against him.

8. MasterGandalf

MasterGandalf Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 8, 2009
    I say utterly ungrateful because Draco immediately turns around and points out Harry and Ron to a bunch of nearby Death Eaters- and appears because its entirely possible he was grateful, but was just too proud/scared to show it to his nemesis.

9. Dark_Jedi_Kenobi

Dark_Jedi_Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 3, 2004
    It appears that WB has moved the release date up two days.

Harry Potter 6 Moved Up Two Days
    Source: erc BoxOffice
    April 15, 2009

Warner Bros. Pictures has moved Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince two days from Friday, July 17th to Wednesday, July 15th. Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix was also released mid-week in July two years ago (July 11, 2007). "Phoenix" earned $44 million that Wednesday and $139 million over the 5-day period including the weekend.

In related news, the new trailer for the sixth installment will come online at 9:00pm EDT this Thursday, April 16. Stay tuned!

The huge cast of the David Yates-directed film includes Daniel Radcliffe, Rupert Grint, Emma Watson, Jim Broadbent, Helena Bonham Carter, Robbie Coltrane, Warwick Davis, Michael Gambon, Alan Rickman, Maggie Smith, Timothy Spall, David Thewlis, Julie Walters, David Bradley, Jessie Cave, Frank Dillane, Tom Felton, Matthew Lewis, Evanna Lynch, Helen McCrory, Natalia Tena, Hero Fiennes Tiffin and Bonnie Wright.

10. AcklayComeHome

Apr 27, 2002
    http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Worldwide-Satellite-Trailer-bw-14913396.html

Edit: just saw it above

11. AcklayComeHome

Apr 27, 2002
  12. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    This. Trailer. Is. Awesome.

13. Amidala Starkiller

Amidala Starkiller Jedi Master star 6

Dec 11, 1999
    I have to say that trailer was amazing.

14. darth_grievous1

darth_grievous1 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 24, 2004
    That was indeed a very good trailer.

15. Dark_Jedi_Kenobi

Oct 3, 2004
    Brilliant trailer, looks fantastic.

16. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    Holy ****, that was an amazing trailer!

17. Merlin_Ambrosius69

Aug 4, 2008
    Every HBP trailer I see reinforces my opinion, more and more, that this will be the best Potter yet. To sustain this level of excitement, creativity and wonder six films into a series is nothing short of astonishing.

18. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Very good trailer. I jst don't like the look of the Inferi.

19. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
  20. Dark_Jedi_Kenobi

Oct 3, 2004
    So far, everything that I'm seeing from this film is very encouraging. :)

21. Katana_Geldar

Mar 3, 2003
  22. Rebel_Padawan

Rebel_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 11, 2003
    That red dress is just... WOW! [face_hypnotized]

Which part of the book is that?

23. darth_grievous1

darth_grievous1 Jedi Master star 5

Apr 24, 2004
    I was in London this week (school trip) and we were in Stratford when they were filming this [in Picadilly Circus]. Didn't find out until the next day...figures the one night we weren't there... >.<

24. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    Right after they have to escape from Bill and Fleur's wedding when the Death Eaters attack. That would explain Hermione's dress.

Those pics are exciting. :D

25. Merlin_Ambrosius69

Aug 4, 2008
    It has occurred to me, intriguingly, that the Potter films break down into four "couplets" or "duologies", grouped together by director and subject matter, thus:

Films 1 and 2 are both mainly children's films, both directed by Chris Columbus and having a very similar style in terms of cinematography, costumery, prodcution design, etc.

Films 3 and 4 are both a little more mature in their subject matter, one directed by the super-stylish Alfonso Cuaron, the other by the more traditional Mike Newell. Despite their differences they are united as being stand-outs in the series, both stylistically and by their directors, both of whom gave singular and unique offerings to the series.

Films 5 and 6 are mature works both directed by David Yates, with stylish editing (going by the HBP trailer here) and rife with color, humor and intensity.

Films 7 and 8 will be the most mature films, again both directed by Yates, this time from a single source book which obviously unites them.

/shrug/ Anyway, I found this idea interesting.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.