Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince ***Spoilers***

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by Jedi_Master_Conor, Jul 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hammurabi Force Ghost

star 4
    Way to ruin our discussion of fat British actors.
  2. yankee8255 Force Ghost

star 6
    Very cool. I'm guess Townsend will play Tom Riddle Sr. Maybe Joseph Fiennes will be one of the Gaunts?
  3. Lord_NoONE Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Isn't Naomi Australian?
  4. yankee8255 Force Ghost

star 6
    I think there's already an Aussie actor i the series, I guess they're considered British enough.

Watts, however, was born in England, didn't move to Australia until she was 14.
  5. Dezdmona Jedi Master

star 4
    Article

"I consider myself British and have very happy memories of the UK,'' Watts said.

"I spent the first 14 years of my life in England and never wanted to leave. When I was in Australia I went back to England a lot.''
  6. Darth_Pogey Force Ghost

star 4
    I think its possible Townshend will play Bill Weasley. Meanwhile Joseph is Ralph Fiennes younger brother and will almost certainly play a younger VOldemort or a Gaunt.
  7. Lord_NoONE Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Too bad these rumors are not true. Naomi would be a smashing addition as Narcissa Malfoy.
  8. Ghost Chosen One

star 6
    They aren't???
  9. Dezdmona Jedi Master

star 4
    The aren't true until the contracts signed, so the actor's reps are currently denying the rumors.
  10. PrincessKenobi New Films Manager of DOOM

Manager
    star 6
    I was reading somewhere earlier today don't remember where. But JK is actually appauled by the idea of Naomi as Cissy since she is not British and said with Naomi also being a bigger name actress it was unfair to the role, since she would have to leave herself free for 2 years pretty much to work on Harry Potter flims. With breaks ofcourse but not much of a break.

~PK~
  11. timmoishere Force Ghost

star 6
    Well, Narcissa isn't that big of a role in HBP. Naomi could be on set for a couple weeks to film her scenes and then she can go back to her "big" movies.
  12. Sauron_18 Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, I definitely hope they do cast Watts, she's perfect for Narcissa, in my opinion.....
  13. Dezdmona Jedi Master

star 4
    I agree, but I suspect if JKR really objects to potential casting, her wishes/vision would carry great weight.
    However, I wonder who she would suggest as an alternative in this role, Watts seems perfect with her "fine" features.
  14. Lord_NoONE Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Watts or Scarlett Johannsen are perfect for the role.
  15. Randy1012 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Neither of them are British, and Johansson is way too young.

Someone on another board I post at suggested Joely Richardson for Narcissa. Eh, I dunno. She could work, maybe.
  16. Dezdmona Jedi Master

star 4
    Scarlett Johansson is definitely an American actress. ;)
  17. -polymath- SFF:F/TV Trivia Host

Game Host
    star 4
    Who the hell cares? American/British...it really doesn't matter. I understand that Jo wants Brits to get the roles...but c'mon, there are talents in America too.
  18. PrincessKenobi New Films Manager of DOOM

Manager
    star 6
    I suggested Keria to someone the other day. But that's a far shot if there ever was one.

~PK~
  19. Darth_Pogey Force Ghost

star 4
    Scarlett is American and less than 3 years older than Tom Felton.
  20. Randy1012 Jedi Knight

star 3
    Keira Knightley? Again, way too young to play Narcissa. Narcissa and Lucius are in their early 40s by the time of HBP.
  21. ObiWan506 Former Head Admin

star 7
    I can't see Keira in a Harry Potter movie.
  22. AcklayComeHome Force Ghost

star 7
    But you can see her in a Star Wars movie? :p
  23. ObiWan506 Former Head Admin

star 7
    Why does is seem like she's always in a major movie series? :p

Also, I'm sure by now WB pretty much knows who's cast for Half Blood Prince. They just haven't confirmed or released anything yet. I heard they are not using the guy that played Tom Riddle from the second movie.
  24. Randy1012 Jedi Knight

star 3
    That's weird, I don't see why not. He looked older than a teenager in CoS already, so unless they're going to show a 30+ Tom Riddle (and if so, they may as well just use Ralph Fiennes out of his snakeup...heh, snakeup :p), I don't see why they can't just bring back the Riddle from CoS.
  25. NateCaauwe Force Ghost

star 4
    Yeah really, are they trying to kill any hope of consistency throughout the films?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.