main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by Dark_Jedi_Kenobi, Jan 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moleman1138

Moleman1138 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 18, 2004
    After doing some careful calculations... I found out that w/o credits OOTP is 2 hr 8 min and 17 s

2. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    Movies released during July tend to not make very much. The biggest months for box office totals are May, June, November and December.

3. Moleman1138

Aug 18, 2004
    Pirates DMC - 7/9/06 423 m
    Transformers - 7/2/07 It's going 300+

I will admit HP is a holiday film.

4. Moleman1138

Aug 18, 2004
    1.6 monday. Excellent hold IMO Now we're ahead of COS officially.

5. Moleman1138

Aug 18, 2004
    1.4 Tuesday. Up to 264 now. Now they're saying it will break 300. I don't see how with a 5.5+ weekend.

6. ObiWan506

ObiWan506 Former Head Admin star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 5, 2003
    Yeah, I heard that too. As it stands, Transformers is still edging them out at the moment. Surprising, I must say.

7. Moleman1138

Aug 18, 2004
    HP like TF had a great hold 265 cume. 35 mil to the 300 milestone. If it gets to 290+ they should do a Supes and push it over. Also you got IMAX 3-D and believe me I'm putting 30 bucks to see it a 4th time but first on IMAX.

8. ObiWan506

Aug 5, 2003
    I might even drive up to Tampa to see it in IMAX myself. I don't think it'll be out much longer though.

This is actually more of a book observation then a movie observation, but apparently we found out the real reason behind Snape's Worst Memory once we read Deathly Hallows. It's not his worst memory because he was picked on (which is what we were led to believe). It's his worst memory because he called Lily a Mudblood and regretted it for the rest of his life

9. Moleman1138

Aug 18, 2004
    The next big IMAX thing is Beowulf so it might be safe until then on that screen. I'm hoping the same. Because it's treading closure here. But it won't close before TF and that's still going.

10. Moleman1138

Aug 18, 2004
    Pretty good weekend. a 272 cume. It's not going to beat GOF unfortunately. 285 is the leveling point.

11. Darth_Pogey

Darth_Pogey Jedi Master star 4

Apr 4, 2005
    saw it a 3rd time today. This time I've noticed that while it has by far the best acting and most powerful moments, the whole movie particulary the climax is ridiculously rushed. i.e. when the trio are in umbridges office umbridge walks in and next shot malfoy is bringing in neville for no reason and ginny and luna are there. and when dd arrives at the ministry the moment after hes walking out of the floo fireplace hes face to face with voldy. there were just too many moments where you could tell they were cutting stuff almost for the sake of it where adding 2 or 3 shots to a scene would have made it flow much better.

12. Darth_Pogey

Apr 4, 2005
    word is the DVD will be released on Nov. 12th. the leaky cauldron had a link on it but i couldnt get on it anymore.

13. ObiWan506

Aug 5, 2003
    Isn't it supposed to be released with the other four movies as one big special release package or something?

14. Moleman1138

Aug 18, 2004
    Probably. They did a 6-disc when POA came out 8-disc for GOF. Now wer'e looking at a 10 for sure.

15. NateCaauwe

NateCaauwe Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 30, 2005
    I'm just hoping for some really nice bonus features finally. I really want a damn commentary. Trio, Yates, Rowling, possibly Fiennes...and I don't want them recorded separately and spliced together into one commentary like Revenge of the Sith. Put 'em all in a room and let them have a conversation about the film. I always find that so much more insightful than even the world's best documentary.

And God help them if I find half the features to be "FUN INTERACTIVE GAMES!" If anything, release two different versions, one for the kids and one for everyone else.

16. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    Goblet of Fire's special features were tolerable, but I really hated the special features on the other 3 films. I hate having to go through a maze just to find the deleted scenes.

17. ObiWan506

Aug 5, 2003
    Yeah, I hate that too. Some DVDs make you search for the special features.

"Go through the maze, find the hidden key, spin in a circle, scratch your butt (left cheek, not the right!), make out with the troll, and there! You've found one of the seven 30 second scenes."

18. Moleman1138

Aug 18, 2004
    POA was straight forward as well. they did give a insert map to help.

19. Darth_Pogey

Apr 4, 2005
    Yup, its coming out november 12th.

[image=http://img110.imageshack.us/img110/4600/ootpthemovieinformerde3.png]

the special features look to have a similar setup to GOF which is a a shame. as stated above, we need a commentary!

20. AcklayComeHome

AcklayComeHome Jedi Master star 7

Apr 27, 2002
    They haven't done a commentary yet, why expect one now?

21. Moleman1138

Aug 18, 2004
    Are you sure that's it, because I saw a photoshopped one just like it.

22. Rebel_Padawan

Rebel_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 11, 2003
    Is it just me or does that cover look too similar to the POA cover...?

23. Moleman1138

Aug 18, 2004
    To some degree but that is the International Poster and they've used the International for the last 2 dvd's.

24. AcklayComeHome

AcklayComeHome Jedi Master star 7

Apr 27, 2002
    http://veritaserum.com/ :

Thanks to everyone who let us know that the British Board of Film Classification has revealed the names and lengths of the deleted scenes that will be included on the Order of the Phoenix DVD. They are as follows:

00:02:31:17 ("TRELAWNY EATING")
    00:00:13:08 ("NEVILLE SPEAKS UP FOR HARRY")
    00:00:26:02 ("STEADY CAM AROUND")
    00:02:46:18 ("UMBRIDGE QUESTIONS TRELAWNY")
    00:00:17:21 ("MALFOY, CRABBE, AND GOYLE BULLY A STUDENT")
    00:00:21:06 ("FILCH BLOWS ON UMBRIDGE'S HAIR")
    00:01:47:14 ("HARRY, HERMIONE, AND UMBRIDGE - EXTENDED")
    00:00:37:22 ("HARRY ENTERS")
    00:01:07:23 ("HARRY AND RON PACKING")

In total, the scenes last 10 minutes and 10 seconds. The release date of the DVD has yet to be announced, but will almost certainly be before Christmas.

lol @ "Trelawny eating"...really scraping the bottom of the barrel this time around.

25. Dark_Jedi_Kenobi

Dark_Jedi_Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 3, 2004
    It definitely looks similar since both covers feature a darker theme (in terms of colors) but like Moleman said, they're just using the poster. Although I looked at it again and noticed the Harry is wearing the same shirt on both covers. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.