Pittsburgh, PA Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Askaban movie outing.

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by MetalliJedi, May 4, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SWFan7705 Jedi Knight

How about you go see it at Carnegie Science Center as the IMAX Experience because it starts the same day it's out in the regular theaters?
  2. BonMothma Jedi Master

star 4
    Personally, I don't care too much for IMAX. The picture is too distorted.
  3. Jedigirl514 Jedi Master

star 3
    i actually didn't buy the tix last night, which is good, because the imax actually costs less (if your under 18 that is...:D) my friend and cuz would rather go there...
  4. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    I'm gonna see it at the Ominmax theater as well as Loews. I think I'm gonna see it at Loews first though since it's all distorted at the IMAX.
  5. SWFan7705 Jedi Knight

Yeah I agree with that. I'll be seeing it before my graduation (I go to West A). Then the next day I'm going with a girl from work to see the IMAX.
  6. MetalliJedi Jedi Master

star 4
    ok from what I learned tickets go on sale either Mon. or Tues. I'm asuming based on past priemire partys tickets will either be $20 or $25 and we have going:
    Myself +1
    Wonk Ay +1
    BonMothma
    After I get the tickets I'll be talking to Tina and we'll hammer out details and I'll then post them here.
  7. MetalliJedi Jedi Master

star 4
    ok I have tickets bought for everybody that is going. If you can pay me now via paypal cool if not pay me on the night of the show. The tickets were $20 and include a buffet. Dinner starts at 10 we are meeting in our usuall place in the back of Lowes for 9:30. Any other questions feel free to ask.
  8. Oreckel Jedi Knight

star 3
    Is anyone still getting tickets? My sister would like to bring a friend, and I'd like to see you guys again, too.

Any chance anybody's getting another set of tickets?
  9. MetalliJedi Jedi Master

star 4
    I wish you would have posted this sooner. I'm out of money till I get paid Friday. It might even be sold out now. I'm afraid there isn't much I can do for you call Lowes and see if they have any tickets left, if there are see if you can get a ride down to get the tickets or somehow overnight me the money and I'd gladly get you tickets.
  10. Fluke_Groundrunner Force Ghost

star 4
    Can you buy tickets over the phone?
  11. jedi_master_sal Jedi Master

star 4
    Try FANDANGO!

www.fandango.com
  12. Oreckel Jedi Knight

star 3
    I just called, and you can buy tickets over the phone - so we can do that. The guy also said they have plenty of seats left.

We're not sure if we have a ride, yet... so we're making some phone calls about that.

I'll get back to you later. :)
  13. Rox Administrator Emeritus

star 6
    If anyone is interesteed I'm going firday night to see it with Ginger since we can't make the midnight showing.
  14. Jedigirl514 Jedi Master

star 3
    well, we (me, my cuz and my friend) decided at the last min. to go to the 7:35 showing at Lowes, so if thats when your going then, maybe we could meet up....except for the fact that i've only met once and don't remeber what you look like... [face_blush]
  15. BonMothma Jedi Master

star 4
    A bit of personal trivia - Harry Potter style - in honor of the premiere:

What do Harry Potter, J.K. Rowling (sp?), and I have in common?
  16. Jedigirl514 Jedi Master

star 3
    Same birthday, i believe....
  17. BonMothma Jedi Master

star 4
    Well done, my young padawan!
  18. Oreckel Jedi Knight

star 3
    This stinks. I can get the tickets, I can get to Loews, but I can't get home! My Mom doesn't want to drive, and my sister's curfew expires at 11pm - stranding us at Loews until the next morning.

I guess I'll see you guys some other time, then... :(
  19. MetalliJedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Really good you guys will like it!!I made the mistake of reading the book not too long ago and so everything was fresh in my mind so I ended up picking apart the movie :( Afterwards the Twins joined my roomate and I for a late night eatNOPark trip and then Jack and i stopped at Walmart on the way home where I found the clone Wars cards!
  20. BonMothma Jedi Master

star 4
    Sorry I couldn't join yins for the after-party. I got home sometime after 4am (The robins were already singing their morning songs!). Got up at noon ;)

I always avoid reading a book if I know a movie will be made about it. Movie first, book second.

I was a bit disappointed in the event. Food was better for Trilogy Tuesday, and I expected to see more costumes. Mine consisted of a lightning scar on my forehead, but of course, this isn't my genre. :D

I actually saw a dead-ringer HP costume in New Wilmington (small college/Amish town north of me) last fall and expected to see at least as good in Pittsburgh.

I was disappointed also in the new Dumbledore, but I expected this. I liked the original so well that no one would be able to replace him in my eyes (The original actor died, in case you didn't know.).

Kind of a bittersweet story, but I liked it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.