main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Harry Potter] Best Birthday Ever - AU, Harry/Hermione

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by Miana Kenobi, Mar 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Title: Best Birthday Ever
    Author: Miana Kenobi
    Timeframe: Harry's 25th Birthday
    Characters: Harry, Hermione, Weasley Clan
    Genre: AU, Romance
    Summary: Harry's birthday goes wrong when everyone present drinks love potion and their new object of affection is Harry.
    AN: This story was written for the JC House Cup. As such, it's rushed, unedited, some OOCness, but I got to write H/Hr so I was happy.

Harry Potter?s twenty-fifth birthday was supposed to be just a light, fun affair for friends and family. Though still hounded by the media and press, Harry tried to lead as normal as a life as he could after the war. Under the supervision of their new Minister of magic, Harry had joined the Auror department with much enthusiasm and by his twenty-third birthday, he was the second in command.

When Ron and Hermione broke up the previous year, Harry had once more been placed in that awkward position between his two best friends, who refused to speak to each other for months. Besides juggling work and his own rocky relationship with Ginny, he also had to balance being a shoulder for Hermione to cry on and being a venting source for Ron. While Mrs. Weasley had been upset for her son?s sake, she later admitted that she had not at all been surprised, for it was clear to anyone that the spark was no longer there.

The larger surprise came when Harry and Ginny called it off.

Not quite as bad a break-up as Ron and Hermione, Harry and Ginny?s parting was still a burden amongst the Weasley clan. He was still a welcome member of the Weasley family, but tension between him and Ginny was high. There was that awkward six months upon the collapse of their relationship, but over time, the two became solid friends once more. So by the time Harry?s birthday had rolled around, he had hoped that there would not be any relationship drama of any kind. Hermione and Ron still weren?t on the best of terms, but he knew that they could hold their tongue for one evening for his sake.

Similar to his seventeenth birthday, Mrs. Weasley had offered up the backyard of the Burrow for the festivities. Decorated with fairy lights and an assortment of magical firecrackers donated from George and Ron, the backyard looked like a festival.

Harry arrived straight from work to the Burrow, finding it already buzzing with people. He snuck in the back door by the kitchen, looking around. Mrs. Weasley spotted him first, bustling through the kitchen with oven mitts on both her hands.

?Oh Harry dear!? She embraced him tightly and planted a kiss on his cheek. ?Happy Birthday, dear.?

?Thank you, Mrs. Weasley.?

A rather pregnant Angelina Weasley crossed the kitchen to hug him as well. ?Happy Birthday, Harry.?

?Thanks, Ang.? He looked down at her incredibly swollen stomach. ?You look like you?re ready to pop. How much longer do you have??

Angelina gave a sharp laugh then rubbed her stomach. ?About a month. Not soon enough.?

?Ron and the others are out in the backyard. Heaven knows what they?re up to,? Mrs. Weasley called from the stove.

?Brilliant.? Harry set his small work case down on the table, opening it and beginning to dig. ?I brought something for the adults. The boys in the office gave it to me today, so I figured we might as well indulge in it.? He pulled out his change of clothes and set them aside, continuing to dig. Small though the case was, Hermione had given it to him when he first got the Auror position. She had enchanted it to hold much more than a bag of its size ought to. Which, normally, was fantastic, except when he couldn?t find something.

?Oh leave that to me, dear. I?ll get it. You just go freshen up,? Molly commanded, shooing him away from the table.

Harry smiled and left the case as it was. ?Thanks, Mrs. Weasley.? Scooping up his clothes, he headed to the second floor bathroom to change.

On the stairs, he bumped into Mr. Weasley, who wished him a happy birthday with a hearty handshake. They chatted about work before Harry politely excus

2. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    The larger surprise came when Harry and Ginny called it off.

I'm sure that went over well at the Weasley house hold. :p

"Umm... we're not a couple anymore."
    "..."
    "Quick, someone go find some love potion to get them back together before the world ends!"

;)

Love that despite the whole Ron/Hermione, Harry/Ginny thing has fallen apart, they can still manage to have reunions with the Weasley clan. :D

Teddy is absolutely adorable throughout this! [face_love] He's my favourite person with blue hair, ever! :D Victoire is unbelieveably cute, too. Magical kids are just awesome. :cool:

I love everyone being attracted Harry... especially Charlie and Bill. [face_laugh]

It was a lovely addition that Hermione didn't drink the potion, but Harry thought she did. :) I'm usually pretty picky when it comes to H/H (since I'm hardcore R/Hr and H/G :p ), but this was all adorable, funny mush. Squee! [face_love]

=D=

3. Kriztin

Kriztin Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 4, 2009
    Oh, this was so good! I really enjoyed it. I can just see everyone falling over themselves to please Harry. That was just too funny, and the Harry/Hermione bit was very sweet. I loved it!

4. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    [face_laugh] That wsas hilarious, and very sweet as well :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.