main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Syra, NY Harry Potter ~ Books 5 and 6 *Warning --- SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by strawbary, Nov 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    Hey all !!!

Is anyone going to see this tonight? This month has flown by like a blurr...I forgot about the midnight premier....

I know I am going to go with a friend... anyone else up for going?

2. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    WOW.... no one? LOL

Well the weather ended up getting bad here last night I didnt go.... anyone end up going ?

I am going to go this weekend... cant wait!!! :)

3. Matrix-Jedi

Matrix-Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 19, 2003
    I went, and it was soooooo good!

4. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    sweeet! Karl did u take a sick day or did u go in tired? :)

5. Karate-Jedi

Karate-Jedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 4, 2003
    I am going to see it today

6. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    brat I havent gone yet :(

7. Raef_Wolfe

Raef_Wolfe Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2003
    I saw it. Frikken awesome. Best one yet, impo.

8. Drogon

Drogon Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 13, 2003
    I enjoyed it, but I think it needed a bit more tension or something. There was nothing in there that made you 'jump' when it happened. For instance, when Harry and Diggory both touched the cup at the end of the tournament, everyone knew they were going to be transported. Even if you didn't read the books. So there was no reaction of "Cool!!! Awesome!!!"

Otherwise it was a good movie, but they needed more suspense.

9. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    ok , maybe its just me, I mean it was a good movie, but........I LOVED the book and I know I know the books are always better. However this was a new director and I didnt like his style... I mean, the other 3 were pretty true to the books and this one left sooooooooooo much out.....

thoughts?

10. Raef_Wolfe

Jul 12, 2003
    Another new director? Yeesh, no wonder.

Personally, 1, 2, and 4 were the best movies. They went in order at least. 3 was a catastrophe. 4 I was pelased with, quite pleased with; they couldn't keep in everything afterall.

11. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    wow. I think 1 and 3 were my fav. :)

4 just seems like there was so much left out that leads into the next book :(

However I know they couldnt put everything in but I still feel a few key things were left out ;) but oh well....

12. Raef_Wolfe

Jul 12, 2003
    Yeah; Rita, Spew...

Still, at least it was in order. 3 was just....urgh. I dunno.

13. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    yeh true.........I forgot about the out of order thing ;)

14. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    ok, I finished this one and to make a long story short I finally finished all the books...... ggrrrrrr. who has read them all...... I really need to vent LOL

15. Raef_Wolfe

Jul 12, 2003
    I've done so many times.

16. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    ok I am just going to ask..... were you upset with the ending of 6? Cry, scream..... throw the book against the wall? LOL

Let me ask....... do u think Harry will really quit? I dont think he will..... those r my thoughts though...... I could go on and on.... however, Im trying not to get worked up.

17. Raef_Wolfe

Jul 12, 2003
    I'm thinking he'll do a lot of apparating. Probably attend classes during the day (at least sometimes) but take advantage of every weekend, every hogesmead trip, and every free evening possible.

18. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    I had that debate with my son about the exact same thing. I think he will continue his education however leaving for short periods at a time. Not sure about the apparate part since I thought you could not apparate on Hogwarts grounds, however ;) ya never know in the next book.

I also think he would want to be in hogwarts too for the mere reason that dumbledor in now officially in the portraits in the headmasters office I would imagine he would use that as an opportunity to chat periodically... no?

At any rate I cant wait for the last book.

My son and I debate on whether its the last book or not.
    I would love to see adventures of the trio outside of hogwarts pursuing whatever careers they have, however I have heard rumors that Rowling is tired and done after this next one..... *sobs*

19. Raef_Wolfe

Jul 12, 2003
    "Not sure about the apparate part since I thought you could not apparate on Hogwarts grounds, however ya never know in the next book."

There are many ways out of Hogwarts. Floo powder, the Whomping Willow, the path to the sweet shop, the woods, heck he could just walk down the front path.

20. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    there is also that cabinet the death eaters used to get into hogwarts.... I cant recall if that was destroyed or not.... I would imagune it would be......

21. Minder

Minder Jedi Youngling star 3

May 28, 2002
    Strawbary

I have read all of the books, and my reaction was similar to yours. Frankly I felt betrayed.

Raef_Wolfe

The floo network is blocked at Hogwarts, so he cant go that way.

22. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    I thought the Ministry of Magic was the one who blocked the Floo network... Harry was able to use it in the nags room at hogwarts...... gosh her name escapes me right now.......... LOL

23. Minder

May 28, 2002
    What did he use it for??

Remember when Hary was talking to Sirius in the fire in the Griffondore commonroom? sirius said that he had to pull some strings in the Floo Network to get the connection opened so he could talk to Harry. And when the Weasleys broke open the the Dursleys wall Mr weasley said basically the same thing.

I got the impression that only specific fireplaces were connected to the Floo network, and it was not all that easy to connect them, otherwise Malfoy would have simply opened a floo connection rather than going to all of that trouble with the wardrobe.

24. strawbary

Mar 11, 2002
    remember when Harry snuck into whats her faces room to talk to Sirius about what he saw in the Pensive in snapes office........

;)

Its going to bug me all day that I cannot remember her name...... I loathed her in the book too......geeez

25. Minder

May 28, 2002
    I thought that was the Griffondore common room .... But no matter where it was Sirius said he needed to pull strings (Likely with Dumbledoor) to make the connection.

Keep in mind, if the Floo network worked in Hogwarts, Dumbledoore could have used it, and would not have needed to leave the grounds and disaparate in book 6

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.