main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Non Star Wars Harry Potter Cloaks/Costuming

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by spacelady, Apr 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. spacelady

spacelady Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    Well I just got some perfect red fabric, but it's more maroon, and I was thinking about making a Quidditch cloak, does anyone who made this costume know a good pattern to use? Thanks! :)

~Spacelady

2. hockeychick1877

hockeychick1877 Jedi Youngling

Jul 14, 2004
    Anybody know how to make a really, really, good/authentic POA robe? Do you have a good pattern. I've already got a skirt, sweater, tie, shirt, and scarf and it would really complete my Halloween costume/costume for the skits I'm going to send in to Warner Bros.

I'm sorry if I annoyed anybody with my actress dreams and pleas for help. Sorry, but I can't help it.

Pray for me

Luna Lovegood/Kristi

3. StormtrooperPrincess

StormtrooperPrincess Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 10, 2002
    I'd suggest reading old posts at http://www.livejournal.com/community/hp_costuming or at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/MadameMalkins. They're both dedicated solely to Harry Potter costuming, so you're likely to get far more detailed answers than here, where the emphasis is more on Star Wars.

4. hockeychick1877

Jul 14, 2004
    Thanks, but when I clicked on those links, the Madam Malkins one didn't work, and the other one had nothing about robes. Oh, well, I'll keep looking.

Pray for me!!

Luna Lovegood/Kristi

5. StormtrooperPrincess

StormtrooperPrincess Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 10, 2002
    Take out the period at the end of MadameMalkins, and that'll fix the link.

For the livejournal one, you're going to have to read back through past entries. Every few weeks or so there's a discussion about robes/fabric/etc. There are a lot of posts to dig through, but a lot of information as well.

6. BellaSabrina

BellaSabrina Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 13, 2002
    Hockeychick, there is a guy who made mine for me and it's awesome. I'm not sure if he's still making them, so if you want his contact info, I can give it to you via PM. Let me know if you need it!

7. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    Just to add that I'm yet to hear anyone who had replicate the hood on the PoA one accurately so full authenticity will be difficult to achieve. :_|

And as always, never trust the Official Costumes Replicas from WB or COSPA. I think I had seen one in person and it's shiny (aka they used Satin for the lining). :(

8. hockeychick1877

Jul 14, 2004
    Bella Sabrina,

Really!? Who was he? How much was it? I'm terrible at sewing and I need someone to just do it for me! This is awsome!

Thanks.

Luna Lovegood/Kristi

Pray for me!

9. BellaSabrina

Oct 13, 2002
    I'll PM you now with his info!

10. iycis

iycis Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 7, 2002
    Well I finished my Slytherin Quidditch robe today just in time since I'm flying down to Dragon Con tomorrow morning. I think it looks really good actually. I'll have pics on Monday, when I return, of the full costume.

-N

11. BellaSabrina

Oct 13, 2002
    I'll be uploading my pictures there if Gary's laptop will take my cord to upload the pics :) So, I'll post them if you want, Natasha!

My uniform skirt came out SO great! I'm all ready to go :)

12. Master_Domtis

Master_Domtis Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2001
    hey everyone, I have a quick question. I'm doing research to make a Death Eater costume and need help on one detail. I know that they all wear masks under their hoods, but what color are the masks? I have yet to find one place in the books to referance a color.

Any help would be most appreciated!

-Lydia

13. BellaSabrina

Oct 13, 2002
    I believe they're black.

14. Master_Domtis

Master_Domtis Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2001
    Are you sure that they are black? See, I ask this also partially because I was set to making my costume as I thought it was (I thought that they were white) until my friend argued that they were black. Since then, I've found that a good many people are completly divided or torn between black and white.

Do you know where it would have said so in the books? (We've combed through 4 and 5 with a fine tooth comb, but if anyone knows of some sort of referance to back up black (or white) that'd be great!

And thank you, Bella, for your response :)
    Lydia

15. Jayne

Jayne Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 16, 2002
    I thought they were bloody red, but I dunno where I got that idea. I'll check, but I'd say if you can't find an answer, go with whatever you want. Black sounds fine.

16. McLean

McLean Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 1, 2004
    they could als be green, considering black and green are voldemorts colors...

but idunno

17. BellaSabrina

Oct 13, 2002
    I really think that they're black, for some reason. Go to mugglenet.com and join their boards over there. Someone can give you a definite answer.....although I really believe they're black.

18. hockeychick1877

Jul 14, 2004
    I honestly think that their black that way with the shadow of their hood, all you would be able to see is the glint of their eye. I'm not positive though, I always thought they were white but now that I think about it, black makes sense too.

Pray for me!!

Kristi ~Luna Lovegood~

19. DarthJurist

DarthJurist Admin Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 10, 2000
    Ok gang, I need some help. I'm looking for full length pics of the Fat Lady from the Gryffindor Door. I've been searching my fingers off, and can find very very few. Any ideas?

~H~

20. Jayne

Oct 16, 2002
    Do you mean the one from Sorcerer's Stone or the one from Prisoner of Azkaban? I'm pretty sure they're very different. I believe I have scans and caps of the Sorcerer's Stone one, but they'll be on my home comp, so I'll post them later today.

21. BellaSabrina

Oct 13, 2002
    They are both different. I can try to screen capture the one from Sorcerer's Stone, I just have to abduct my boyfriend's laptop to do it.

22. DarthJurist

DarthJurist Admin Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 10, 2000
    It's two different actress, since it's supposed to be the same lady in the pink dress, the dress should stay the same, which is what I'm after. I've found a few SS pics online, but I've found NONE from POA. And I honestly don't recall the recent movie enough to know if she wears the same dress. I'd have to see the POA dress again to note if there is a difference and then choose which one I want to do.

So the short answer to the question is: any and all pictures. :)

~H~

23. Jayne

Oct 16, 2002
    I think I remember the dress being different, too. But then again, I would have sworn I had a pic of Elizabeth in the outfit, and I don't. But I can cap it too if Bella can't steal the laptop ;) Just let me know.

24. BellaSabrina

Oct 13, 2002
    Yeah, I wasn't able to commendere it, and I won't be able to until he comes home on Friday night. :(

25. Jayne

Oct 16, 2002
    I'll try to tomorrow night then :D .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.