main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Non Star Wars Harry Potter Cloaks/Costuming

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by spacelady, Apr 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JainaMSolo

JainaMSolo Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 19, 2001
    Oh man! I must have just completely missed the robes, then! *hangs head in shame* I would really have loved to have seen them, too. And I would've taken pictures!

2. hockeychick1877

hockeychick1877 Jedi Youngling

Jul 14, 2004
    Hello, I'm new to the board. My name is Kristi. I am a really big Harry Potter fan and an aspiring athlete/actress. I have read over the description of Luna Lovegood in Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix over and over, and I fit her description perfectly. I want to send in an interview tape to Warner Bros. for the role, but have no idea when or where to send it. I really need some help. Please Help ME!!

3. HothGirl

HothGirl Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 23, 2002
    Last I knew, they were only looking at people from the UK for roles in the films (I don't know if you're from the UK or not ;) ). Not sure if that still stands...but if you search around the offical site I believe there were some details up not too long ago.

4. LadySonnet

LadySonnet Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 15, 2003
    Well, I got as much of a look as I could at the robes... but they weren't allowing pictures of them (don't know why not, maybe some people were sneaky and took some). :(

But the most striking thing about them is how small they looked. I know they're kids, but...!

Sonnet

5. hockeychick1877

Jul 14, 2004
    Hello, I'm stupid, what's the official website. Because at www.warnerbros.com I couldn't figure out how to find anything. No, I'm not from the U.K., USA actually, but I've already written a very convinsing letter/resume stating that there are such things as vocal trainers to help with an accent and that my family could help pay for airfare/living expenses. My sister doubts me and I really need some support here!

6. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    Well, I got as much of a look as I could at the robes... but they weren't allowing pictures of them

Oh great! :_| :_|

But maybe someone had sketch it down or write down notes on it? I'll love to hear how the actual robes are put together or what kind of fabrics could had been used. ;)

Hockeychick1877, not trying to be a wet blanket here but you will need more than just a well-written resume to get a role. You will need established previous experiences in movies/tv/theaters (even if it's as an extra), proven talents, recommandation and even an agent.

Your best bet is to do some homework and find out how some of the people with talking roles in HP got their break.

From what I read, the generic students are all taken from the local (UK) schools and most of the main children roles goes to English Kids only as insisted by the Author. They unfortunately don't just employ anybody for a particular role in a movie these days.

7. hockeychick1877

Jul 14, 2004
    I know my chances are slim, but J.K. Rowling, as she said herself, has no control over casting. She did indeed request that it be an all British cast, but whether the director of Order of the Phoenix will completely follow this request none of us knows. Who will it be anyway? Has anyone found when and where to send a resume?

8. McLean

McLean Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 1, 2004
    maybe you can go to the UK and hope you run into J K, hope shes sees the resemblence between you and luna, and get the part that way :)

9. hockeychick1877

Jul 14, 2004
    Finally, somebody who believes! LOL.

I'm going to get an agent in my hometown, it's not hard here, and join drama club in my school. My drama teacher will undoubtedly say yes to having school plays-(my experience). Then I'll have to rewrite my resume(one I already made is really cool, it's on homemade parchment and the other will be centered around the resume tips listed at warnerbros.com) and send it in. I really hope I get it. I keep having dreams about the castle and shooting the movie. I don't mean to sound weird, but the last time I had dreams about something happening (it was when I got my first goal in hockey on a penalty shot), it really happened! I want this role so bad. I pray every night for it. Pray for me!

*~Luna Lovegood~*~~~*~Kristi Chesney~*

10. JainaMSolo

Jan 19, 2001
    Gah! LadySonnet, where were they displayed!? I can't believe I missed them! *kicks self repeatedly* First I miss the Jonathan Jackson panel, and now this!

Caitlin

11. HothGirl

Dec 23, 2002
    hockeychick- I did a quick search and the only news I could find on casting was for extras and from last July and it was on hpana.com. I do know there was something on the offical site but I can't seem to find it.

Here is what I found:

JULY 28, 2003 at 12:51 PM

'Goblet' casting set for January
    Posted by EUDAEMONIA
    Source: CBBC Newsround

Any Potter fan interested in applying for a chance to be cast as an extra in Goblet of Fire should get his/her materials ready:

...you might be in luck because you can apply to become an extra from January 2004.

The casting office has confirmed to CBBC Newsround that kids can write to them from that date - but not before!

Although of course they can't promise anything to anyone and it's really tough competition.

Mail (don't fax or phone) Leavesden Studios your recent photograph accompanied with a short letter and self-addressed envelope to:

Casting Office
    Leavesden Studios
    PO Box 322
    Watford
    Hertfordshire
    WD25 7XJ

The info about who's been cast thus far can be found at HPana News.

Sorry I couldn't find the other info!

12. hockeychick1877

Jul 14, 2004
    Thanks for trying, I figured they wouldn't release audition dates this early.

Ok, since nobody at my house will listen to me, I'll tell you guys my plan. Don't ask why, cause even I don't know.

1st: Join drama club and act in school plays. (It's gonna be a busy year for me with hockey, basketball, volleyball, drama and homework. NO FREE TIME! Oh, well!)
    2nd: Get a referral from my drama teacher for an agent.
    3rd: Get an agent and have him find audition dates/places to send resumes.
    4th: Get a referral from my drama teacher and agent for the role.
    5th: Type a second resume according to the tips listed at warnerbros.com. (BORING, The one I made is much cooler, it's on homemade parchment! :))
    6th: Send in my resume.
    7th: Pray to God they like it!

And after that, who knows!

I LOVE LUNA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)
    HEHE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pray for me!

As soon as I figure out how, I'm gonna set up a link with pictures of me in my costume. (the tie and scarf are actually Gryffindor because I like to pretend I'm Hermione! HEHE :)) I'm not really computer smart though (well, I'm smarter than my dad about it, anyway) so it may take a while.

Pray for me!

*~Luna Lovegood~*
    *~Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix~*

13. McLean

Jan 1, 2004
    ummm...

if your drama department is anything like the one at my school, if you get into a play you need to be there every day after school, and at my school, on saturdays too.

if i were you, i really wouldnt get my hopes up. now, i'll take into consideration that ive never seen you act, but, im sure most kids they cast have been acting there whole lives, and they REALLY want kids from the UK because it fits the story well.

i do, on the other hand, hope you make it. that would be really cool

just dont get your hopes up too much

14. hockeychick1877

Jul 14, 2004
    You sound just like my mother! I think with alot of hard work and energy, I could have a good shot. I don't look "American". I come from a Polish background and I look sort of British. I really enjoy acting with my friends and making up skits. It's a blast! I'm really enthusiastic about it too (not dull and boring but not too over the top, just right), and I've never really been camera shy, I just pretended to be. I keep writing about this in this board because nobody at my house will listen.

Don't rain on my parade!

I'll try not to get my hopes up too much, but when you dream about it every night and it's always in the back or front of your mind, it's kind of hard not to.

Pray for me!

*~Kristi Chesney~*~*Luna Lovegood*~

15. HothGirl

Dec 23, 2002
    Didn't they find Dan in a movie theatre just randomly? I don't know that he really had any acting experience prior...but hey, anything can happen.

16. McLean

Jan 1, 2004
    when i look back on my post it does look like im trying to rain on your parade. im not. I hope you get the part!

then when you get it you can come back to this board and everyone will be like "the girl that plays luna lovegood ACTUALLY posts on these boards"

that will be cool

17. LadySonnet

LadySonnet Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 15, 2003
    As far as where the HP costumes were, I don't remember the name of the booth. It was towards the high-end-numbers end of the hall and was selling mainly the HP CCG box sets.

I just didn't understand why you couldn't take any pics though... I mean really! You could take pics of everything else there! Phoo.

Sonnet

18. hockeychick1877

Jul 14, 2004
    I wasn't actually addressing the whole "don't rain on my parade" thing to you, it was just general. That would be really cool though. But the casting director would have to overlook the fact that I'm from the U.S., but I really look the part, every aspect in the book given by J.K. Rowling.

Dan Radcliffe acting in David Copperfield before Harry Potter. Rupert Grint only had experience in school plays. See, not the lead, but one of the major parts in Harry Potter was given to a kid with only a little acting experience.

My mom keeps telling me to find something else. NO! I WILL NOT! Hehe!

It's boring here, I live in a little city with absolutely nothing to do, and most of my friends are on vacation. AND to top it all off, we're doing construction on our house so we can't go on vacation until there's no way somebody can walk into our backyard and drown in our pool, in the words of my mother.

I'm hungry, I think I'll go eat breakfast now.

I pray every night, each time for the same thing. Pray for me!

*~Luna Lovegood~*

19. Jayne

Jayne Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 16, 2002
    So are you trying to make a Harry Potter costume? You should try the Madam Malkins group on Yahoo.

20. hockeychick1877

Jul 14, 2004
    Thanks, but I don't have a yahoo sn, so I have to ask my parents first.

Pray for Me!!

*~Luna Lovegood~*

21. hockeychick1877

Jul 14, 2004
    HELLO? Am I the only one not on vacation? Man, I check this board every day incase someone has some support or guidence for me and I was the last one to post about 2 weeks ago? Are you guys still posting?

Pray for me!

Luna Lovegood

*~Krist~*

22. hockeychick1877

Jul 14, 2004
    HELLO? Am I the only one not on vacation? Man, I check this board every day incase someone has some support or guidence for me and I was the last one to post about 2 weeks ago? Are you guys still posting?

Pray for me!

Luna Lovegood

*~Krist~*

23. StormtrooperPrincess

StormtrooperPrincess Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 10, 2002
    A lot of people from these boards are gearing up for DragonCon in two weeks, and therefore are spending what could be online time sewing instead.

24. JainaMSolo

Jan 19, 2001
    Also, and not to be rude, this is a costuming board and a costuming thread, not a casting or general HP discussion thread. The primary interest of the people posting here is the design and construction of costumes, so if your post doesn't relate to that, you likely won't get many responses.

Caitlin
    GenCon costume contest tomorrow, WHOO!

25. Darth_Eagle

Darth_Eagle Jedi Master star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    > GenCon costume contest tomorrow, WHOO!

You are entering it, Caitlin? Woh! Wish I can go and see (frankly I wish I can go to most of the Cons in USA like DC ComicCon, GenCon & DC but I'm always broke and live 3 oceans away :_| ).

Hmm...haven't go back to my Myrtle costume for weeks now as I'm a little pre-occupied with my LOTR Pennet & Banner, other than lots of computer works to do. I still need to find the time to read through someone's :confused: instruction on how to add the collar to my robe and lengthen it as I made it a bit too short. :_| Then, there is the plan to make a Slytherin PoA uniform for next year GoF Premiere (well, guess I should start thinking about that next year! ;) ). Other than that, I can still wear the my Myrtle uniform with the cloak and very happy that I may be the first to actually wear a Pinafold for Myrtle tho' I still need a proper tie (had change to using the PoA one now) and a wig. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.