main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Harry Potter] Drabbles of an AU Snape (angst, romance, dark)

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by Kestrel_Kenobi, Jan 19, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kestrel_Kenobi

Kestrel_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 26, 2005
    Fandom: Harry Potter
    Title: Drabbles of an AU Snape
    Author: Kestrel_Kenobi
    Timeframe: Before the first book.
    Characters: Severus Snape, Lily Evans, Eileen Prince/Snape, Tobias Snape...maybe others
    Rating: PG
    Genre: Alternate Universe, angst, romance, drama...
    Summary: Snape(and Lily) based drabbles. The last summer before Hogwarts...

One

She sat beside him on the dying grass. The last days of a hot summer were upon them and even the parched weeds struggled to grow between the concrete slabs. He watched as she took something from her pocket and hid it behind her back. She turned to him.

?Pick a hand,? she smiled, inclining her head. Her red hair glinted in the sunlight, looking, he thought, like a halo.

?Right,? he murmured playing along to please her.

Anything to please her.

She moved her hand towards him and opened it to reveal a crisp freshly baked cookie.

?For you.?

Two

They sought out the shade of a single crooked tree.

?A crown?? he watched as she folded and cut the gold paper. Looking up at him now and again she giggled at the astonished look on his face. A pink crown was placed on her own head, occasionally it slipped over one eye and she would push it back.

Her sister stood nearby watching, arms folded and a frown on her face

?Here,? she pulled at the sticky tape with her teeth and stuck her creation together.

?For you my Prince,? she giggled again, placing the crown on his head.

Three

His room was dark. The flimsy curtains were drawn back, the window open. He lay on one side his eyes fixed to the ceiling. He held his stomach, a sick feeling flooded him as he heard his parents raised voices. The sounds of slamming, skin against skin. He clenched his teeth and thought of her. Red hair, green eyes, soft skin?her laugh, her smile?her touch?a soft touch unlike any other he?d felt before. Her voice gentle, kind and honest. Always honest. She made him feel whole ? she made him forget how he felt inside - Rotting, useless, untouchable?it all faded.

Four

?Dark Arts,? he murmured to himself as he flicked through the books. He liked that word - the way it felt on his tongue. Powerful, commanding?it felt like something that could be his. And he was so close now. The letter from Hogwarts was safely hidden under his worn pillowcase. He had read it over and over, it was creased and covered in fingerprints but it was still like gold to him. Treasure. A way out. Somewhere to go and make a name for himself. Somewhere to belong. Somewhere safe.

And most of all a place to be with Lily.

2. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    These are good! I'm excited to see more :)

3. obi_webb

obi_webb Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2005
    cool, always good to get a pm about you writing!:D and hey, i'm even replying! i don't think i've replied to or even read fan fiction here in easily over a year, probably closer to two years.. i should get back in the habit!

you are a fantastic writer, as always:) it seems like you have a very strong sense of snape- giving a bit more of him then what is seen in the books. i'd love to see more of that. :) [:D]

4. Kestrel_Kenobi

Kestrel_Kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Sep 26, 2005
    NYCitygurl - Thank you. Glad you liked them. :)

obi - [:D] Thanks for reading and your lovely words m'dear. :D

a small A/N some of these are a little dark/disturbing, but are what I imagine Snape's world was like after the glimpses JK Rowling shows us HBP and DH.

Five

He loved her innocence. The glimpses of the woman behind the sweet smile. He loved her breath on his ear as she bent towards him to share a joke. He loved her smell. Her clean unmarked skin. He loved to watch her dance. But most of all he loved her eyes.

?Look at me,? he would ask, plead, as she ran her eyes over his scarred arms. He didn?t want her to see his pain, his weakness. He wanted to look at her, into her, and see hope. See the future. The promise of something better.

A light in the darkness.

Six

?Look at yourself!? the man thrust the woman?s face towards a cracked bathroom mirror. Her bloody nose dripped into the stained sink.

The woman looked at the refection through half-closed eyes - she blinked at the unrecognizable woman before her and held back a sob. Crying made him worse. She bit her lip and winced at the pain as a barely healed cut poured fresh blood onto her tongue.

?You?re disgusting. You disgust me!?

?Please?the boy.?

Tobias turned to look at his son standing in the doorway - shivering in his too small pajamas.

?Severus ? back to bed!? he bellowed.

Seven

He knew a different world in the sleepy darkness. The ghost of his mother?s presence comforted him. Whispering to him of before. Telling him stories of enchanting mermaid filled lakes and a great hall where the ceiling could change in a moment from the bright blue of a spring morning to the deep indigo of night sprinkled with stars. She told him of the lush decorations and endless plates of food at the end of term - her vivid descriptions causing his stomach to rumble. She recited the ingredients of potions to him ? murmuring them softly, like a child?s lullaby.

Eight

Tobias Snape felt as if he?d swallowed fire. His hands shook and the cup fell from his grasp. It hit the floor breaking into several pieces. The remainder of the tea glinted on the dirty tiles.

Severus looked up from his book and gasped.

His father?s skin was turning grey and his eyes appeared to be sinking into his head. His skull started to creak and twist and he placed his shaking hands on each side of his head, moaning in agony.

He slurred his words though dry, split lips.

?What have you done to me??

And his wife smiled.

5. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Wow, very dark and chilling, but very good!!

6. obi_webb

obi_webb Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 2005
    had to point that out, it really jumped out at me when i read it. gives a great image.:)

very well done, i'd say perhaps even better then the first set of drabbles. very much liked six starting with who i assume is snape's mother getting treated badly, but in 8 getting her revenge![face_devil]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.