main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Harry Potter] Goodbye My Friend- Drama/Angst/Songfic- Sirius' POV

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by LilyHobbitJedi, Mar 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LilyHobbitJedi

LilyHobbitJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 29, 2005
    Title: Goodbye My Friend
    Author: LilyHobbitJedi
    Timeframe: Ranging from before the Potters were killed to when Sirius is killed.
    Characters: Sirius, James, Lily, Harry
    Genre: Drama/Angst/Songfic
    Summary: Sirius Black will always remember James and Lily.

AN: This is a story I wrote for the JC House Cup, the song is Goodbye by the band formerly known as Audio Adrenaline. I hope you enjoy!

Goodbye My Friend

You?ll be fine tomorrow
    The sun will rise again
    It?s never easy to say goodbye
    You know I?ll always love you
    You know I always will

?Are you sure about this, Sirius?? James Potter asked his best friend in an uncharacteristic anxious voice.

?Absolutely,? Sirius replied with a reassuring grin. ?He is bound to think that I am the Secret Keeper, there is no reason to worry. Peter is the perfect decoy.?

?True,? James agreed with a nod, though his expression didn?t change. ?But what about you? How are you going to protect yourself??

Sirius snorted, ?Don?t worry about me, Prongs. They will never find me when I?m Padfoot, and that way Peter will never have to worry about them coming after him.?

James grinned, thinking of his friend?s canine alter ego.

?You need to do the Fidelius tonight,? Sirius urged. ?Or it might be too late.?

James frowned, an unpleasant thought occurring not for the first time in the last couple of days. ?Why does He even want to kill Harry? I still don?t understand this.?

Sirius shrugged. ?No clue, Dumbledore didn?t tell the source of his information did he??

James shook his head. ?No, he didn?t.?

Suddenly both men realized at the same time that they were being watched, and looked up to see a redheaded woman standing silently in the doorway. Her arms were full; in one hand she was holding a squirming one year old boy, and in the other a copy of the Tales of Beedle the Bard in her other.

She smiled at them gently before addressing her husband with an amused tone to her voice. ?Harry wants ?dada? to read him his bedtime story tonight.?

James chuckled and took Harry and the book in his hands. What story shall I read to you tonight son?? he asked the boy curiously as he flipped through the book one handed. ?How about the story of the Three Brothers??

Harry it seemed didn?t really care what he read, he just focused on smacking the book, and ended up knocking it out of James? hand. This apparently was hilarious because Harry giggled like crazy.

Sirius took the opportunity to pull his cloak on before he picked up the book and handing it back to James. ?I need to get going, I?m meeting Peter later in an hour, and I will send him over later so you can finish the charm.?

?Be careful,? Lily said.

Sirius chuckled, ?You know me.?

?That?s why I said it,? Lily retorted.
    Harry was suddenly reaching out for Sirius and James promptly put the little boy in his arms. ?Now you be good for your parents, Harry,? Sirius said seriously.

It was James that snorted this time. ?Never thought I would see the day when Sirius Black sounds responsible,? he replied jokingly.

Sirius smirked, ?Well I am his godfather after all, I need to be a good influence?at least until he goes to Hogwarts.?

?And I WAS so impressed,? Lily commented with a sigh.

Sirius returned his attention to Harry and kissed the little boy on the cheek before returning him to his father?s arms.

Lily stepped forward and gave Sirius a hug. ?Thanks for everything,? she said sincerely.

?Any time,? Sirius replied.

?See you, mate,? James said to Sirius giving him a high five.

?Yes,? Sirius replied. ?I will see you soon.? With that he said his final farewells and Sirius Black left the little cottage in Godric?s Hollow.

Goodbye, goodbye, goodbye
    My old friend
    Goodbye, goodbye, goodbye
    We?ve reached the end

The memory of his last visit with the Potters seared through Sirius? head with sharp precision and no matter how hard he tried he couldn?t get it out of his mind. James and Lily trusted him with their lives to make the right call, and Sirius h

2. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    Sirius is one of my all-time favourite characters from the Sirius. I was devastated when he died in OotP. This is a lovely look at his past life and the moments that controlled practically everything about him post-Hogwarts. Don't know the song, but great job! :)

Some favourite lines...

?Absolutely,? Sirius replied with a reassuring grin. ?He is bound to think that I am the Secret Keeper, there is no reason to worry. Peter is the perfect decoy.?

:( And with that decision, Sirius sealed all of their fates...

James chuckled and took Harry and the book in his hands. What story shall I read to you tonight son?? he asked the boy curiously as he flipped through the book one handed. ?How about the story of the Three Brothers??

Harry it seemed didn?t really care what he read, he just focused on smacking the book, and ended up knocking it out of James? hand.

Darn it, Harry, stop fooling around and start paying attention! The Three Brother's is terribly important! :p

=D=

3. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    That was so sad!! And somehow, the ending isn't quite as much, since he'll see James again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.