main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Harry Potter] Harry Potter and the Potions Professor (updated on 8/5)

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by Kriztin, Feb 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedimasterjsa

jedimasterjsa Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 20, 2008
    Yes, it is nice to see Fleur smart instead of a complete airhead like she was in the movies. It's also nice to Harry finally wake up and start to recover. I hope Harry comes to realize that by pushing his friends away he is hurting them and himself. And I hope he will be willing to give Prof. Snape another chance.

This is a good story, it gives a whole new twist to Harry and Snapes' relationship. Keep up the great work! =D=

2. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    I'll third the Fluer as a not-bimbo comment :D Excellent chapters!!

3. Tatooine_Ghost

Tatooine_Ghost Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2006
    wow. loved it. can not wait for the nxet part of the story.

4. Kriztin

Kriztin Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 4, 2009
    Hi, everyone,

I'm sorry for my long absence last week, but I was sick with a stomach virus...couldn't eat for 5 days. I'm much better now though so here's another chapter. I hope you'll enjoy it!

Kriztin

Chapter 7

"Arry?"

Harry opened his eyes at the soft voice to find Fleur Delacour studying him. She was as lovely as ever, with her platinum hair piled loosely on top of her head, and her wide blue eyes filled with concern. She was sitting on the edge of the bed, and for some reason Harry felt intensely embarrassed that he was in pajamas and apparently had been sound asleep. He really must be more weak and tired than he'd realized.

At first he was dazed at seeing her, then remembered Ron and Ginny telling him that she and Bill were engaged and Dumbledore had mentioned her helping with his medicines, hadn't he? So he supposed it made sense for her to be here now, but it was a little shocking to come awake from a deep sleep and find himself face to face with someone he hadn't seen in over a year.

"Fleur?" He noticed that his voice still sounded weak.

"Ow do you feel?" She asked gently.

"I've been better," Harry tried to smile. "But I guess I've been worse, too."

"Can you be more specific, Arry, please? We may need to adjust the dosage of your potions."

Harry sighed. "Well, I kind of ache all over, but it's a dull ache. It's not horrible. My chest is a little sore and my arms are numb, but mostly I'm just really tired."

"Et ez time for you to take another dose of Blood-Replenishing Potion so that weel ?elp you feel stronger, for a little while anyway." Fleur reached for the night table and Harry saw that a small jar filled with a dark red liquid was there. Fleur handed it to him and Harry reluctantly took it. However much good they might do, most potions tasted nasty, and this one was no exception.

He grimaced and handed the empty jar back to Fleur. "Why do these things always have to taste so bad?"

"Weel, just consider the ingredients that go ento them. You can't expect them to taste like sweets." Fleur patted his cheek. "I am very glad that you're all right, ?Arry."

"Thanks," Harry told her. "And thanks for helping with my potions."

She smiled as she stood to leave. "Et ez my pleasure. You saved Gabrielle, and I'm ?appy to be able to do something for you. And I'm ?onored to work with Professor Snape. "E ez a genius, you know, even if ?e ez not the friendliest soul."

"Humf."

They both looked over to see Snape scowling at them from the doorway of his office. Rather than appearing embarrassed, Fleur gave him a cheery smile. "I am off to eat dinner with Bill. Good-bye, Professor. Good-bye, ?Arry."

Harry was tempted to ask her to stay and not leave him alone with Snape, but he couldn't show that much weakness to the professor, and it would make him look a fool besides. All right, he told himself. You are a Gryffindor. Act like one. Besides, what's the worst he can do? It's not like he's going to Crucio me. That reminded him of the Death Eaters and the white-hot fire in his bones as they had tortured him. He shuddered and closed his eyes against the memories.

"Potter?"

There was a sound of soft footsteps and Harry opened his eyes to find Snape standing close and handing him another bottle of liquid, a light blue potion this time.

"There is no reason for you to be in pain." Snape's voice was even, not sympathetic, but once again Harry noticed that the man didn't sound hateful either. Hmm, that was odd.

"Drink this, and if you are still uncomfortable, tell me and I can get you a stronger dose." Snape's lip curled, making him look and sound more familiar. "If your Gryffindor pride will allow you to admit to not being superhuman."

Harry swallowed the bitter medicine, vowing to himself that he would never admit to weakness in front of Snape, but the potion did its job and Harry's aches disappeared, leaving him feeling a pleasant floating sensation. He hated to have to do it, but something made him glance up at Snape and mumble, "Thank you."

"Humf." Sna

5. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Awww. Another great chapter, hun!

6. Darth_Leia_6669

Darth_Leia_6669 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2003
    Given Snapes' own childhood and history, it's not surprising that he would feel for Harry during this time. I'm just curious as to how long t will take Harry to realize that the Professor is really changing his opinion of him and to return the favor. This is looking to be really interesting, and am looking forward to more!

6669 [face_devil]

7. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Aww, that's so sweet!! I love that Snape is realizing what Harry's gone through adn is changing his mind :) I just hope Harry realizes it too. Great chapter!!

8. Tatooine_Ghost

Tatooine_Ghost Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 24, 2006
    wow. loved it. can not wait for the next part of the story.

9. princess_of_naboo

princess_of_naboo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2000
    I'm loving this story. Could you please PM me whenever you update? I's hate to miss out.

10. KellyLCrutcher

KellyLCrutcher Jedi Master star 2

Feb 28, 2009
    I just read this fic and it's great! Could you please add me to the PM list for this story? =D= :)

11. Kriztin

Jan 4, 2009
    Oh, dear. I'm afraid I got so involved with SC that I forgot I had begun posting this story here as well. Here's chapter 8 and I'm sorry for the long wait.

Kriztin

Chapter 8

The healing salves were coming along nicely. They would not be ready to use on Potter's arms for another four and a half weeks still, but the thick, slowly bubbling liquids were the exact shade of metallic grey that was correct for this early stage. Severus felt a strong sense of satisfaction at observing his work.

Whatever his other failings were, he could create potions---complex, direly needed potions that no one else had invented. Even that Fleur Delacour who had seen only the smallest bit of his work, had admitted that he was a genius.

Severus did not think this feeling was arrogance on his part. In every other area of his life, he considered himself a failure. He had no family, no friends with the possible exception of Albus Dumbledore, a career he did not enjoy, memories that could drive him insane if he allowed himself to dwell on them, and now that he could no longer spy against the Dark Lord, even his means of atonement had vanished.

But he could create potions.

A small sound, almost unnoticeable, caught his attention and he turned from his cauldrons to peer through the open doorway into his bedroom. Potter was stirring. Severus sighed. He would have to order breakfast for the boy, and unless Albus chose to visit again this morning, he would have to feed him. Wouldn't that be entertaining for the both of them?

He had been hoping that Fleur Delacour might show up early and take over that little chore, or that Potter's friends would be around at mealtimes. After all, the main reason he'd agreed to let them into his rooms was so that others could do the actual caring for Potter and he, Severus, could lock himself in his office and concentrate on his work.

But Delacour had brewed enough Blood-Replenishing Potion to last for awhile, and she had sent a message this morning saying that she was going to spend the day with Bill Weasley. And for some unknown reason, Potter was refusing to see the Weasleys and Granger. It was most frustrating. Severus had made the great concession of permitting those infuriating children to visit one another, and Potter was throwing it back in his face.

Even worse, it meant that Severus was going to have to see that the boy ate and was comfortable. He was frowning as he entered his bedroom.

Potter was sitting up, blinking owlishly, and he had not yet put on his glasses. Somehow, without the glasses, it was easier to see ?Harry' rather than ?young James.'

"Are you hungry?" Severus demanded without preamble.

He had a feeling that Potter would have liked to deny it, but after a moment's hesitation, the boy nodded. "Yes, sir."

"Your system is not strong enough to handle anything but soft foods, but I suppose eggs and toast would be all right." Severus told him. "How do you like your eggs?"

"Um, scrambled?" It came out sounding more like a question than an answer.

Severus went to the fireplace, took some Floo powder from the jar on the mantel, and ordered a plate of scrambled eggs and buttered toast from the kitchen. It appeared a few minutes later, hovering in mid-air along with a tumbler of juice.

Severus sighed again as he pulled a chair close to the bed and took the plate of food and the glass. Turning his attention back to Potter, he noticed that the boy had now put on his glasses and that there was a dawning look of horror on his face.

"Um, Professor, I really can feed myself. You don't have to, I mean, it isn't necessary---"

"I'll decide what's necessary, Potter," Severus growled, setting the tumbler of juice on the night table and spearing a forkful of eggs. "You're supposed to be keeping your arms still."

"But I wouldn't have to move them much. I'm sure they'll be all right," the boy argued.

Severus scowled even more fiercely. "Potter! It will be almost five weeks before your arms can be healed. Do you have any idea

12. jedimasterjsa

jedimasterjsa Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 20, 2008
    Wow, don't know how I missed chapter 7, sorry. They were both really good. I like how, just with SC, you are taking things slow and not letting Snape warm up too quickly. Well written as usual. Sorry about the short comment, it's getting really late and I have class tomorrow.
    Bye

13. Kriztin

Jan 4, 2009
    Thank you! I'm happy you think it's moving at a good rate. It's hard to take my time and not rush things.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.