main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Harry Potter] Making College Magical (Humor) Chapter 1 posted!

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by Jedi Gunny, Sep 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    Title: Making College Magical
    Author: JEDIGUNSHIP
    Characters: OC?s
    Author?s Notes: Thanks to SilSolo for coming up with this plot bunny.
    Summary: Most graduates from Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry go on to magic-related careers. However, a girl with numerous magical talents decides instead to go to Muggle College. Much humor ensues as she tries to conceal her magical abilities from the Muggles around her, and especially her new roommate.

Sunlight streamed in through the windows into the Hufflepuff common room. A few students were milling around, but it was mostly empty and very quiet. On the last day of the school year, most of the students were in their dormitories, packing up for their train trip home for the Summer holidays. Only the End of the Year Feast lay ahead, a time where the school convened one final time to eat and award the House Cup. It would be a bittersweet moment for the seventh-years; a time where they would reflect on their seven years as a student, and the fact that they had to move on into the magical world.

Melli Davidson sat in one of the plushy armchairs, staring at the wall opposite her. She, unlike the other students, had already packed her belongings, so she was content to stare at the wall. In her mind, she thought about her time at Hogwarts. Being in her seventh year, Melli realized that this was her last full day as a student. There were no more years to go before graduation; this was it, and she would just have to move on. But she secretly wished that she didn?t have to go, that she could stay at Hogwarts another year. Suddenly, a hand reached out and touched her arm, snapping her out of her state of thought. ?Oh, hello,? she said.

?What? Haven?t you packed?? asked Ally Constantine, one of her best friends. She was about as tall as Melli, with dark skin and jet-black hair that was always shiny. ?I?m surprised that you of all people haven?t spent your entire day working on fitting everything into that bag of yours.?

?Already packed,? Melli responded. ?And it wasn?t as difficult as you think. All it took was an enlargement charm, and I was able to fit all of my stuff in.?

?You would have that much stuff,? Ally commented. ?Too many chocolate frogs and Honeyduke?s sweets, eh??

?You?ve got me there,? Melli laughed, and Ally joined in the joke. ?No, it?s just all of the things that I want to keep. Things that will remind me of the school in many years time.?

?Will you have eaten your chocolate by that time?? her friend persisted. ?It?ll probably have melted.?

?Just leave that alone,? Melli said, irritated. ?How about we talk about something else??

?And what exactly do you have in mind??

?Something.?

?Ok. Why you were staring at the wall? That might be an interesting subject,? Ally joked.

?No, it?s just . . . that . . . this is the last day. There aren?t any more days after this.? Melli said. ?Our time at Hogwarts is over.?

?And it feels like it hasn?t been seven years? I agree with you there,? Ally mused. ?It seems like we should have another two years left, but we don?t, so we just have to move on.?

?I guess you?re right,? Melli sighed before standing up, her long brown hair falling gracefully into place as she did so. ?So, are you ready for the feast tomorrow??

?To eat, yes. But it?s significance is what really is important,? Ally said. ?We have to go through graduation, and I?ve heard that that can be a drag.?

?What, is Professor Marks doing the ceremony?? asked Melli. Marks was the History of Magic teacher, and a real bore. Melli had fallen asleep in his class several times, even though she had never done that a single time in any other class. She, even in the most boring of classes, was able to stay attentive and excel, but Marks; Marks just drove her crazy.

?I guess so. Do you think that it?s a sophisticated way to torture us on our last day of school?? Ally asked, a wry grin on her face.

Melli shrugged. ?I guess that we?ll have to find out.?

As all of the students fil

2. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    perfect! and I love the names, too :D

3. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    This is cute!

4. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008