main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Harry Potter & Merlin] Of Camelot and Hogwarts- Merlin & Arthur go to Hogwarts- UPDATE 6-2

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by LilyHobbitJedi, Aug 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LilyHobbitJedi

LilyHobbitJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 29, 2005
    Title: Of Camelot and Hogwarts
    Author: LilyHobbitJedi
    Timeframe: Marauder era in HP, right after Le Morte D'Arthur in Merlin
    Characters: Merlin, Arthur, Dumbledore, The Marauders, Lily, Snape, Voldemort.
    Genre: Drama/Humor/Friendship/Crossover
    Summary: When Merlin and Arthur are transported to Hogwarts (Marauders era) via a timeturner, how will they find their way back to Camelot, and most importantly how will Arthur react to Merlin's secret?
    Notes: While rereading Deathly Hallows last week I suddenly started to think about how in some ways the show Merlin is so much like Harry Potter that I decided I would have to write a crossover. Just so everyone knows this story will take place during the time when the Marauders, Lily, and Snape are at Hogwarts. I hope you guys enjoy this and I will be super grateful for any feedback! Oh and I'm sure someone will recognize the SW reference. :p

Disclaimer: Sadly I don?t own the fantastic Merlin or Harry Potter, they are owned by BBC and J.K. Rowling respectively.

Of Camelot and Hogwarts

Chapter 1

?We are leaving in ten minutes.?

Merlin looked up at Arthur confused, ?I thought we were going hunting tomorrow.?

?That?s because we?re not going hunting,? Arthur said in his cocky manner. ?We have a lead on Nimueh?s lair, and I don?t want to waste any time.?

Merlin didn?t say anything, but he nodded once to acknowledge Arthur?s request before rushing off to gather his gear. It had been only a week since Merlin killed Nimueh, and the momentary relief he felt at having her gone turned into fear when he heard Arthur?s news. Yes it would be good for them to all know at last that she was gone for good, but Merlin worried about any enchantments she might have placed to protect her home. She had truly been a powerful sorceress and Merlin learned the hard way not to underestimate her.

After a quick scramble Arthur, a few of his knights and Merlin were armed and on their way. It didn?t take long before they soon arrived and Arthur led the way inside. Initially they found it was merely an old cave, and relatively simple to get inside. Merlin was fully prepared in case he came across anything dangerous, but as it turned out there was really no need. It seemed that her magic died with her, and there was nothing to fear. On a table there were a number of magic books, which Arthur directed his knights to confiscate, some herbs and potions, and some other odds and ends.

There was also something very curious in the center of the room and that was a basin full of water. Arthur and his knights didn?t know what Nimueh used it for but Merlin was pretty sure she enchanted it to spy on them. After all she seemed to know much more than he ever gave her credit for, and this seemed like such a tool that would help her in that way. And then something else caught Merlin?s attention.

First he saw the glint of gold and as he drew closer he discovered it was a tiny golden hourglass set on a golden chain. Merlin never heard of such a thing, and before he thought better of it, he picked it up. He studied it up close and even went so far as to put the chain around his neck. He couldn?t really understand his fascination with the item, but he couldn?t take his eyes off it.

?Merlin! Are you deaf?!? exclaimed a very annoyed Arthur walking up to Merlin. ?I said we are leaving.?

Merlin glanced up sheepishly at his friend and boss. ?Sorry.?

Arthur didn?t reply right away because he was looking at the hourglass around Merlin?s neck. ?What did you find??

Merlin shrugged. ?No clue.?

?Its not wise to wear anything that sorceress owned,? Arthur scolded.

Merlin nodded. ?Right,? and he went to take it off again. But before he even touch the chain, something incredibly strange happened. The chain stretched out as if invisible hands were yanking it, and the end came so it was around Arthur?s neck too. And then the hourglass started to move, back and forth, faster and faster. As it moved Merlin could feel nausea swell up as he felt the strangest sensation of flying, but all too soon it stopped,

2. Alley_Skywalker

Alley_Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 27, 2005
    Lol. I like the start of this. Looks very promissing.

If you have a PM list I'd love to be on it.

3. FROGBELLY-RATHBONE

FROGBELLY-RATHBONE Jedi Youngling

Oct 18, 2008
    Hey this is great hope you carry on writing this could be very interesting indeed...
    By the way the BBC does not own the rights to Merlin as some long dead monk called Geoffory from Monmouth does and he heard the story from a travelling bard called Eric who heard it from his grandad who in turn heard it from that barman in Crickhowell in wales, who bouhgt the story for a pint of scrumpy from some dodgy bloke in a hooded cloak....etc,etc[face_whistling] :rolleyes:
    Anyway add me to the list when it gets going[face_praying]

4. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    This was very cool. I loved that Arthur finds out that way. No grand Arthur-saving but a simple statement. I hope you write more!

5. LilyHobbitJedi

Aug 29, 2005
    Alley_Skywalker: Lol. I like the start of this. Looks very promissing.

Thank you so much!

If you have a PM list I'd love to be on it.

Consider yourself added. :)

FROGBELLY-RATHBONE: Hey this is great hope you carry on writing this could be very interesting indeed...

Thank you so much!

By the way the BBC does not own the rights to Merlin as some long dead monk called Geoffory from Monmouth does and he heard the story from a travelling bard called Eric who heard it from his grandad who in turn heard it from that barman in Crickhowell in wales, who bouhgt the story for a pint of scrumpy from some dodgy bloke in a hooded cloak....etc,etc

Oh yes, I know.

Anyway add me to the list when it gets going

Will do.

dianethx:This was very cool. I loved that Arthur finds out that way. No grand Arthur-saving but a simple statement. I hope you write more!

Thank you so much, I'm glad you are enjoying this so far.

6. LilyHobbitJedi

Aug 29, 2005
    Title: Of Camelot and Hogwarts
    Author: LilyHobbitJedi
    Timeframe: Marauder era in HP, right after Le Morte D'Arthur in Merlin
    Characters: Merlin, Arthur, Dumbledore, The Marauders, Lily, Snape, Voldemort.
    Genre: Drama/Humor/Friendship/Crossover
    Summary: When Merlin and Arthur are transported to Hogwarts (Marauders era) via a timeturner, how will they find their way back to Camelot, and most importantly how will Arthur react to Merlin's secret?
    Notes: Sorry to those I've kept waiting for this story, but I'm finally back on track and I hope you all enjoy this chapter and what is to come!

Of Camelot and Hogwarts

Chapter 2

?WHAT?!??

Arthur laughed in derision. ?Merlin is no wizard!?

Merlin held his breath hoping beyond hope that Dumbledore wouldn?t argue and leave Arthur to jump to the wrong conclusion again. But unfortunately that wasn?t going to be the case.

Dumbledore looked somewhat confused. ?You don?t know??

Merlin looked down at his feet, he was growing more concerned by the second. He didn?t have to wait long though until Arthur spoke again.

?You are a sorcerer?!?? Arthur asked still somewhat skeptical, but growing more serious by the second. He gave Merlin a searching look, and when Merlin didn?t deny it his look hardened. ?You lied to me!?

?Arthur, I?ve never once used my magic for evil purposes you have to believe me,? Merlin declared.

?I don?t know what to believe anymore,? Arthur replied angrily.

?Please believe me Arthur,? Merlin pleaded. ?Had I told you or anyone I could?ve been executed!?

?It is so nice to know you have such faith in me Merlin, after all we?ve been through,? Arthur snapped.

And then Merlin started. ?You mean?You wouldn?t turn me in??

?You saved my life Merlin,? Arthur said seriously. ?That is a debt I don?t let go lightly.?

?But you saved mine too,? Merlin argued. ?We?re even.?

?So no more secrets Merlin,? Arthur said. ?Tell me everything.?

?I was born this way, doing magic has always been second nature to me,? Merlin explained. And then he told Arthur the real story about every that happened since he arrived in Camelot, and when he was finished the prince was absolutely flabbergasted.

?I can?t believe you did all that,? Arthur said.

Merlin shrugged, ?It is my destiny to serve you.?

And the Dumbledore who had thus far been silent, finally spoke, ?I do apologize for making things more difficult for you Merlin, but it seems you had nothing to worry about.?

?I guess not,? Merlin replied.

?And now we need to decide how to get you both back where you belong,? Dumbledore replied. ?So how did you get here in the first place??

This time Arthur did all the explaining, and when he was finished Dumbledore asked, ?Do you still have the device??

Merlin drew it out, and handed it to the elderly wizard.

?This is a timeturner, a device we use to go back in time, but I think this particular one has a special enchantment on it that made it so you were both drawn into the trap,? Dumbledore explained.

?So this was planned?? Arthur asked.

?It appears so, but why you were sent to this particular time period I cannot say,? Dumbledore replied.

Merlin sighed. ?So what can we do??

?For now it would be wise if you both keep a low profile until I can discover the secret, and I can?t think of a better place for you both to stay but right here,? Dumbledore explained. ?You are both young enough that you could easily pass for seventh year students, and fortunately the term starts tomorrow??

Arthur cut him off. ?Students? This is a school??

?This is Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, and I?m the headmaster,? Dumbledore replied.

?But wait,? Arthur said. ?I can?t do magic!?

Dumbledore shook his head. ?You would be surprised young Pendragon, but you do have some latent magical abilities. When you and Merlin arrived at Hogwarts your names were both written in my book that documents all witches and wizards.?

?You?re off your rocker,? Arthur retorted.

?Back in Camelot in you

7. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    That was cute. Loved that Arthur is going to be sorted. As if he didn't get enough shocks after learning that Merlin was a sorcerer. Good job so far.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.