main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Abq Harry Potter Movie Night and Planning Thread

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by varza, May 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. varza

varza Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 7, 2002
    Yep they posted time this morning:

[hl=orange] Century 14 Downtown Albuquerque
    12:00 | 3:15 | 6:30 | 9:45
    [/hl]

[hl=black] Century Rio 24
    12:30 | 3:45 | 7:00 | 10:15
    [/hl]

[link=http://www.fandango.com/movie_page.asp?a=a&mv=82825&distance=15&refreshdate=6/4/2004]Buy Tickets Here![/link] or we can drop by the theater.

For discuss on the movie and books go the the [link=http://boards.theforce.net/Albuquerque,_NM/b10375/15319722/?22]Mos Alba Harry Potter Thread[/link]

So any thoughts?>

Bob I know you will be there with stripes on!

2. BrotherHalo

BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 12, 2003
    My vote goes for the 7pm showing at Century 24.

I'm selfish, it's close to my house.

Plus, the one time I went to Century Downtown (interestingly enough - it was for The Chamber of Secrets) I wasn't impressed with the theater. Sure, they did good with the available space, but I just have a soft spot for Rio.

I'm gonna try to order that darned Gryffindor tie today!

3. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    Those are the only times at the moment but I am up for the 7pm as well. I won't be out of work until 5:30 or 6pm that evening though. can't leave any sooner then that.

and I am all up for Rio-its my theater of choice anymore.

would you be able to get there earlier bob and hold spaces in line for us? let me know if they have a slytherin ties as well.

4. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    Fridays I try to leave work no later then 5:30. We'll be eating dinner first, of course, and probably drop the kiddies off at my sister-in-law's. So we *should* be able to hold space in line.

And yes, they have Slytherin ties as well. Actually, all house ties and one for Hogwart's in general, I think.

They're $20, 100% silk, and 56" long...

5. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    man i am tempted but I would then have to make a cloak and a whole costume and I unfortunatly don't have the time. oh well, maybe for the next movie.

so can you be there early? I like being in line early. last time we got there an hour ahead of time and there was a huge line already. I will be buying something or bringing something to eat while in line. If I leave here at exactly 5:30 I can be there by 5:45 so I can hold the spaces if you aren't there yet. I know I am strange. But i love waiting in line.

do you want to wait for more times? more times will come out about a week before the release.

6. Gecko_Fett

Gecko_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 1, 2003
    I will come as a Stormtrooper and apply an Imperial boot to Harry Potter's bum :D

7. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    You would go ahead and do that, wouldn't ya, Gecko?

8. Imperial_Birrer

Imperial_Birrer Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2003
    Give him and imperial cog shaped scar on his bum!

9. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    man, will you be in for a surprise wheen a bunch of 10 yr olds chase your bum down.

10. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    bumping this up.

11. Gecko_Fett

Gecko_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 1, 2003
    I heard on channel 7 News this morning there is a advance Harry Potter showing this weekend ;)

12. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    WHAT WHAT WHAT????????

I'm probably taking the family to see Shrek 2 on Sunday, so I don't think I'd try to go see Prisoner ....

Ahh, heck! WHO AM I KIDDING???!?! THAT'S LIKE PASSING UP A CHANCE TO SEE EPISODE III EARLY!

edit: Ahhh, I just checked KOAT's website. You have to watch the freaking morning show to have a chance to win tickets. I don't get my butt up early enough to watch that AND get ready for work.

13. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    ah, I would love to go but I will wait as well. I have plans on Sunday already and I can't break them

14. LadyNaberrie

LadyNaberrie Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 7, 2002
    *sigh* as much as I'd LOVE to go with you guys.... to the opening night and all, I still have to wait and see what my schedule will be like, and seeing as how next week I have all these days off I doubt I'll be able to go

15. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    So anythoughts on movie times?

16. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    Well, they're still not showing anything other than the original times you posted. I think the 7 showing should be good.

This is assuming we will be able to make it. A problem may be cropping up that I am trying to nip in the bud...

:mad:

17. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    well there will be more times posted next week on monday. we can wait until then I guess on the final times. this way we get the best times.

18. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    Still no updated times for the movie. I'll keep checking...

Also, I picked up the Score to PoA tonight at Costco. Gimme some time to soak it up and I'll write up a bit of a review. John Williams is working his magic, yet again...

19. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    photos from the premier, I swear rupert is looking like one ofthe Ramones.

http://entertainment.msn.com/movies/gallery.aspx?gallery=4704

20. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    He is, isn't he, with the hair and jacket and all. Dude, get a haircut!

21. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    no new times yet! ugh... bob would you be able to make a 7pm showing? I am thinking I will just go to that one.

22. LadyNaberrie

LadyNaberrie Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 7, 2002
    darn it! Friday I work 4:15 to 8:15

23. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    man, its 10 bucks to go thru fandango and still no new times.

I wish I could do a later show but looks like its pretty long already and I have to work the next morning.

I am gonna go by the movie theater either today or tomorrow, anyone want me to get their tickets?

24. BrotherHalo

May 12, 2003
    We'll be getting our tickets today or tomorrow, too, varza. We'll probably be down there by about 6. A former co-worker and friend of mine will also be joining us. She's also a Harry Potter nut, so that should be cool...

25. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    okay cool! I will drive up after work and get a ticket then. course then, fandangoing even with the dollar charge will save me that much in gas probably.

so we are good for the 7pm showing then?
    hopefully cause i just bought my ticket at fandango-man am i sad.

anyways, Lindsey, I am not sure when but Skyra and I have talked about going to a matinee one afternoon to see Harry. you could always join us then. If anything like the last time I will be seeing it several times.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.