main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Harry Potter] My Life Would Suck Without You - R/Hr

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by Miana Kenobi, Mar 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Title: My Life Would Suck Without You
    Author: Miana Kenobi
    Timeframe: During the Camping Trip of Doooooom in Deathly Hallows
    Characters: Hermione, Ron, Harry.
    Genre: Songifc
    Summary: A songfic in relation to Hermione's feelings upon Ron's return to the trio.
    AN: This story was written for the JC House Cup. I also cannot believe I wrote a songfic to Kelly Clarkson.

?My Life Would Suck Without You?
    By Kelly Clarkson

?Hermione? Hermione??

Hermione stirred in her sleep at the voice calling her name. Someone was calling her name in her nightmare. Images of Godric?s Hollow flittered through her mind; a snake emerging from an old woman?s body, screaming and shattering of glass, Harry calling her name frantically.

?Hermione? Hermione!?

It was Harry?s voice, but he was not in her dream. The nightmare slowly began to fade like a breaking cloud, drawing her consciousness toward the voice. Her mind registered where she was; she was still in the tent, presently curled up beneath several blankets. She was still with Harry in the forest on their quest to find the other horcruxes. Just her and Harry.

Harry?s voice continued calling her name and Hermione finally willed her eyes to open. His tone was urgent, but not drastic. Had it been a matter of life or death, Hermione was sure that he would have been shaking her awake as well. Blinking several times, Hermione rolled over to face Harry and sat up. She pushed her hair out of her face as her eyes tried to focus on him in the dim blue light.

?What?s wrong? Harry? Are you all right??

Harry stood near the doorway with an eager smile on his face. At the back of her mind, Hermione barely noted that Harry was dripping wet and carrying a rucksack that didn?t belong to him.

?It?s okay, everything?s fine. More than fine, I?m great. There?s someone here.?

Hermione?s eyes narrowed as she watched him. It was the middle of the night, and Harry seemed in a better mood than he had been for months. He seemed cheerful, almost hopeful.

?What do you mean? Who-?

At that moment, Hermione finally realized that she and Harry were not alone in the tent. Standing in the doorway, looking slightly awkward but hopeful, was Ron. Her mind registered that he too was dripping wet and holding a sword, but her eyes never left his face.

All those nights, she had foolishly hoped he would return, knowing that he never would. She had tried to push that hope out of her thoughts, for hoping would only make the inevitable delay worse. She had instead resigned that Ron would never return to help them and be with them.

Ron would never return to her.

And yet there he stood, anxiously waiting for her to make a move.

Hermione told herself it was a cruel dream and nothing more. Ron wasn?t back; there was no way. Unconsciously, she slid out of her bunk and walked stiffly across the room, her eyes never leaving his face. She stopped in front of him, mouth slightly agape, not knowing what to do or say.

Ron gave a weak hopeful smile then raised his arms halfway, as if to hug her.

Hermione?s mind snapped. He expected her to hug him; as if that would forgive him for everything he had done. For abandoning them. For abandoning her. As if a hug would forgive all of that.

That sodding git.

Guess this means you're sorry
    You're standing at my door
    Guess this means you take back
    All you said before
    Like how much you wanted
    Anyone but me
    Said you'd never come back
    But here you are again

Hermione launched herself forward and started punching every inch of him that she could reach.

?Ouch ? ow ? gerroff! What the -? Hermione ? OW!?

?You ? complete ? arse ? Ronald ? Weasley!?

She punctuated every word with a punch. Ron attempted to shield his head but Hermione only advanced more.

?You ? crawl ? back ? here ? after ? weeks ? and ? weeks ? oh, where?s my wand??

She dimly remembered Harry?s own wand being broken and Harry borrowing hers. All sh

2. Jedi-Ant

Jedi-Ant Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2007
    ?Oh I don?t know! Rack your brains, Ron, that should only take a couple of seconds-?

[face_laugh] :_| [face_laugh]

Ooh, Hermione, hitting him where it hurts! :D I loved the back and forth play here between Ron and Hermione - Hermione obviously furious with him (and rightly so!) for leaving but also, deep down, glad to see him back because she carries a serious torch for the guy. :p

Hermione and Ron have always been my favourite pairing. :) Great job, Miana!

Ant.

3. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    It's hard to imagine Ron without Hermione and vice versa. When they leave each other... well, all hell breaks loose... and same thing happens when they get back together. [face_laugh] Indeed, their lives would suck without each other.

Great job, Miana! :D

4. Kriztin

Kriztin Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 4, 2009
    I loved this one, too! Great interaction between Ron and Hermione...you have wonderful insight into the characters.

5. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Go Hermione!! I'm glad she got pissed off - Ron was an idiot. It's nice to see the scene from her perspective.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.