main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Harry Potter] Slave Child, Finally updated again! 10/16

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by Kriztin, Jan 4, 2009.

1. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    I'm still reading! Just been busing with moving to reply. :)

2. Kriztin

Kriztin Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 4, 2009
    Thanks! Hope your move goes well.

3. Kriztin

Jan 4, 2009
    Hope everyone's enjoying the holiday season! Here's the next chapter.

Kriztin

Chapter 71

Ron, Hermione, Ginny, and Neville were waiting when Harry stumbled from the Floo into Dumbledore's office. Like Harry, the boys wore tuxedo dress robes. Harry had never seen the new set that the twins had bought for Ron, but he was pleased to note that his best friend was dressed as nicely as anyone tonight.

The girls were stunning. Harry had always thought they were pretty and he had seen them both in formal gowns before at the last Yule Ball two years ago. But they were even more breath-taking tonight, or perhaps he had just grown up enough to appreciate it more.

Hermione wore a violet gown, of some soft silky material, with narrow straps, a gathered silk band across her slender waist with a diamond clasp, and a skirt that fell to her ankles, revealing silver high-heeled sandals. Her hair was piled on top of her head in loose curls with diamond and amethyst pins. She did not wear a necklace, but glittery diamond earrings and a matching diamond and amethyst bracelet.

Ginny's strapless gown was a pale opalescent silvery green. Her auburn hair hung in ringlets to her waist and framed her delicate face. Her only jewelry was a single strand of pearls around her neck.

"Hey, cousin Barny," Ron grinned at Harry's nom de plume as he grabbed his friend's arm to steady him. "Good to see you again."

Harry grinned back at him, then straightened and looked around at the group. "What do you guys think? Is the polyjuice convincing enough?"

It was. He knew it was; the red-gold hair and blue eyes changed his appearance dramatically, but for some reason he needed to hear his friends' reassurances too.

"No one will know it's you," Hermione obliged him.

"You could definitely pass for a Weasley," Ginny agreed.

"Thanks. That's the idea." Harry smiled at them; then glanced around. "Hey, where's Luna?"

But before anyone could answer, the Floo sputtered again and they had to hurry out of Severus' and Draco's way. There was an awkward moment as the Gryffindors glared at Draco and he stared back defiantly with his chin lifted. Harry wondered to himself if having them all stay together this evening was really a good idea after all. As easy-going and lenient as Dumbledore was, Harry didn't think he would be pleased if a hex war broke out in the midst of the Ball, not to mention his father's reaction.

But Severus temporarily defused the situation by nodding calmly to the group. "Good evening."

He drew their attention away from Draco at least for a moment as they returned his greeting, and then Severus motioned them towards the door.

"It is almost time for the Ball to begin. Shall we head on to the Hall?"

"Oh yes, we have to lead the way in." Hermione took Ron's arm and started for the circular stairs leading out of the office. "As there are no Triwizard champions this time, Dumbledore decided the prefects should begin the Ball. McGonagall will have a fit if we're late."

Ron gave Draco one more scowl over his shoulder, but he didn't say anything as he let Hermione pull him away.

There was a hostile silence for a few seconds before Neville and Ginny turned to follow them. Harry sighed as he, Draco, and Severus trailed along behind.

But once they were out in the castle, Harry's spirits lifted. He had missed Hogwarts and the school was more beautiful than ever with evergreen wreaths on the windows, glowing trees standing in the corners, and garlands draping the arched doorways.

The prefects were already forming a line in the entrance when they arrived, and McGonagall looked a bit flustered as she shooed everyone into place. As Ron and Hermione hurried in, she arched her eyebrows at them and said dryly, "I'm so glad you could make it, Miss Granger, Mr. Weasley. Now will you please take your places?"

"Sorry, Professor," Hermione mumbled.

Ron added, "Sorry, but we had to meet my cous

4. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Aww, that is so sweet!! I love all the Draco stuff, especially him getting on well with Harry and even Luna :D

Post more soon!! :D

5. jedimasterjsa

jedimasterjsa Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 20, 2008
    Wow, I think this is a new record for me. Almost three months before I finally got around to replying.

As usual, another great update.

As terrible as it seemed, it think that last incident where Harry was revealed was the best thing that could happen to him. After seeing the support of so many people, this is bound to help him really realize he is not worthless.

Besides that, the fact that Harry decided to stay and is willing to come back after the break is probably going to help Draco forgive himself.

You know, life is like that. Sometimes we are in a bad position, but have found a comfort zone. In order to really heal, we sometimes need a push back into life.

6. Kriztin

Jan 4, 2009
    Thank you both! And yes jedimasterjsa, I think you're very right about how Harry needed to be pushed a little out of his comfort zone being isolated at Prince Hall.

7. Kriztin

Jan 4, 2009
    Hope you'll enjoy the chapter! Thanks for reading.

Chapter 72

The day after the Yule Ball Harry and Draco were upstairs in his room. Draco was packing to spend the holidays with Remus and Dora, after which he would return to Hogwarts along with Harry and Severus. Harry was seated on the end of Draco's bed. He had come up to help but had soon discovered that it wasn't necessary. Severus had returned Draco's wand and the blond boy was reveling in performing magic freely again, sending all of his possessions sailing into his trunk with a quick flick.

"I think that's everything." Draco fastened the lock on his trunk and sat back on his heels, gazing about his room. "I can't believe I'm saying it, but I'm actually going to miss this place."

"I can't believe it either." Harry grinned at him. "When you first saw this room, you were like, ?I can't possibly stay in this hovel'."

"I did not say that," Draco protested.

"I bet you thought it."

"Well, I've changed since then," Draco retorted.

"Yeah," Harry agreed, more seriously. "You have changed since then."

Draco came to sit beside him. "Thanks to you," he said quietly.

Harry shook his head. "I didn't do..." he began.

"Yes, you did," Draco interrupted. He gazed at Harry, his silver eyes somber and intense. "You gave me another chance when you really should have kicked me off to Azkaban. You forgave me even though I've done something unforgivable to you."

He paused before adding softly, "Harry, you're the only real friend I've ever had. Hell, I didn't even know what real friendship was until you showed me."

Praise always embarrassed Harry and he could feel himself turning red. He had to smile at Draco though. "I think you've figured it out pretty quickly, especially the way you took on Bletchley and Bole last night. Thanks again, by the way."

Now Draco looked embarrassed too. "Yes, well, someone had to do something. Those gits were being real arses."

"Yeah," Harry agreed.

The clock on the wall chimed the hour. Both boys glanced up at it and then Draco said, "I suppose it's time for me to leave, but first...,"

He raised his wand and called, "Accio Harry's gift!"

A drawer of the night table opened and a small rectangular box flew from it into Draco's hand.

"I don't know if I'll see you again before Christmas, so here." He handed it to Harry.

The box was wrapped in cheerful red paper and tied with a white ribbon. Harry tore the paper and opened the lid of the black box underneath. Inside was a narrow silver bracelet, engraved with gryphons and snakes chasing one another.

Harry held it up, smiling. "Cool. I like the gryphons and snakes."

"That's not all it does though," Draco told him. "It's a portkey, or it can be one. You'll have to activate it by saying "Portus" while you tap it with your wand. Then think of where you wish to be and touch it, and it'll take you there. Be careful though. If you're wearing it and it's already touching your skin, you'll disappear at once."

"Wow." Harry gazed at the bracelet in awe. "That's amazing." He looked up at his friend. "But how did you get it? I thought you weren't supposed to have a portkey without the Ministry's permission."

Draco shrugged. "Grey area. Technically you're not really supposed to, but plenty of people do. Tons of people had one when the war was going on. I know Severus had one."

He paused and then added, "I'm not saying you should go portkeying around the countryside just for a lark, but well, you do have a way of attracting danger. I wanted you to have something to keep you safe."

"Thanks, but I hope I'm done attracting danger. The war is over, after all," Harry said.

"Yeah, but Dolohov and Greyback are still out there." Draco's eyes hardened. "They're never going to hurt me or anyone I care about again."

There was a silence, and then Draco took a deep breath and forced himself to smile, albeit a bit grimly.

"And if you're going to be an Auror, that can be a dangerous career, you know."

"I'm not sure about that anymore," Harry told him. "At first I thought it sounded exciting, and I figured that

8. Kriztin

Jan 4, 2009
    Chapter 73

"Oi, Harry! Wake up!" Ron tossed a pillow onto Harry's head to emphasize his point.

Only the excitement of the holidays would cause Ron to voluntarily rise at the crack of dawn, Harry thought sleepily to himself. He just stuffed the extra pillow under his own head and yawned, making no move to get up.

"It's too early, Ron."

"You've got a present," Ron cajoled.

Harry opened his eyes to see a box wrapped in blue and green paper resting at the foot of his bed. Ron was sitting on the edge of his own bed, holding an identical package in his hands.

"But it's not really Christmas yet," Harry remarked as he sat up and reached for his gift.

Ron shrugged. "Mum's jumpers, I'm sure. Since we're celebrating here today, I bet she's gone ahead and given everyone their jumper to wear."

"Well, let's find out," Harry suggested.

They ripped the paper off and sure enough, inside each box was one of Mrs. Weasley's hand-knit jumpers. Harry's was scarlet with a golden H on the front, while Ron's was royal blue with a golden R.

"At least I convinced her that maroon's not my colour," Ron remarked.

"I love your mum's jumpers," Harry told him. "Remember how she made one for me first year. I couldn't believe it. She barely even knew me then, but she made a jumper for me, just like I was one of you guys. I think I've loved your mum ever since."

Ron smiled. "Yeah, she is pretty great, isn't she? A little loud and bossy sometimes, but hey, she's a mum."

They took their time getting dressed. Harry wore a red and green plaid shirt underneath his jumper, jeans, socks and loafers. Ron dressed in a similar fashion but with a yellow shirt underneath his blue jumper.

When they were ready, they headed downstairs to the kitchen. Early as it was, Mr. and Mrs. Weasley were already awake and dressed. Mrs. Weasley, in an pale yellow jumper and skirt, was leaning against the kitchen counter, using her wand to direct a whisk beating eggs in a mixing bowl. Her husband, in a white jumper embroidered with a brown A and brown trousers, sat at the table sipping a cup of coffee and browsing through a copy of the Quibbler.

"Oh, good morning, you two," Mrs. Weasley called as Harry and Ron entered. "Breakfast will be ready in a bit. Help yourselves to something to drink. We've milk, juice, and coffee."

Ron glanced over at Harry. "Want to try the coffee?"

Harry shrugged. "Sure."

So they each poured themselves a mug and took a sip, then promptly gagged and made faces at the strong taste. Harry managed to swallow his, but Ron spat his drink out in the sink.

"Ron Weasley, you clean that up! Honestly, where are your manners?" His mother demanded.

"Ugh, I can't believe you guys like that mess," Ron groaned. He reached for a rag, but then asked, "Mum, can't I just cast a quick Scourgify? I'm practically seventeen and the Ministry wouldn't know."

"Absolutely not," she retorted. "You will not be seventeen until March and how would it look, your father working at the Ministry and his own son flouting the rules?"

"Oh, I can't match half the things that Fred and George have done," Ron answered. He sighed and took the rag. As if on cue, a small explosion sounded above their heads from the direction of the twins' bedroom. No one even blinked an eye.

Mrs. Weasley looked up at the ceiling and smiled fondly. "Just like old times."

Harry spoke up. "I don't have a trace. I can cast Scourgify, if it's all right with you, Mrs. Weasley?"

"Of course, Harry dear," she replied.

Ron grinned and bowed to Harry. "By all means, Harry dear."

Harry arched an eyebrow at him as he cast the spell. "It's not too late to return your gift, you know."

Mr. Weasley glanced up from the paper. "You boys might like the coffee better if you added a bit of cream and sugar."

They did so and Harry decided that Mr. Weasley was right; cream and sugar greatly improved the coffee. Ginny and the twins, dressed in denim jeans and their own Weasley jumpers, wandered in a little while later, just as Mrs. Weasley declared the scrambled eggs and sausages were ready.

Time passed quickly as t

9. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    YAY an update!!

I had to LOL at Disneyworld, even though it really makes sense. XD

Great job!

10. Kriztin

Jan 4, 2009
    Thanks! I'm glad you enjoyed it.

11. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Aww, that was so sweet!! As usual, I especially loved the Harry and Draco bits :D

12. Kriztin

Jan 4, 2009
    Thank you! I have fun writing Harry and Draco too.

13. Kriztin

Jan 4, 2009

Chapter 74

Hermione came to Prince Hall the next morning, bearing gifts for Harry, Ron, and even a potions book for Severus which she handed to him rather shyly. Harry presented her with a book of historical fiction by her favorite author, while Ron gave a scroll of rose-scented parchment and a pretty necklace of gold and topaz beads. Severus gave her a school bag, identical to the ones he had given to Ron and Ginny.

He left them alone for a few minutes after the gift exchange, saying that he needed to put a stasis spell on an elixir he was brewing.

"We will take a portkey to Boscastle in a few minutes so be ready to leave," Severus advised as he swept out of the library.

Harry took a deep breath and turned to look out one of the windows, staring at the barren gardens with unseeing eyes. He was excited about going to the match, and he wanted to go. He had looked forward to it for weeks now. But it was the first time he was venturing out in public since people had learned that he was under the slavery spell and now that the moment was at hand, he was worried about it. Yes, his classmates at Hogwarts had been supportive, but they had known him for years and he was friends with many of them.

Facing complete strangers was another matter entirely. For a moment Harry considered telling his father that he wanted some polyjuice potion after all.

"Harry? It'll be all right." Hermione's soft voice broke through his thoughts.

He turned to see that she and Ron had stepped close. They both watched him with eyes that were warm and concerned. Hermione reached to take his hand and give it a squeeze.

They really did know him as well as he knew himself, Harry reflected.

"Everyone's going to stare and talk," he mumbled.

"Nah, mate. People will be too excited about the match to pay you any mind," Ron tried to reassure him.

If only that were true, Harry reflected wryly. He shot Ron a disbelieving frown.

"Well, maybe they'll stare and talk a bit, when they first see you," Ron admitted. "But once the match gets going, everyone'll be busy watching it."

"And we'll be there with you...your father, too," Hermione added. "We won't let anyone bother you."

"Especially your dad," Ron put in. "No one will dare come close with him to glare at them."

"Quite true." Severus had slipped back into the library and re-joined them. "It will give me a chance to practice my intimidating stance before school re-opens."

"Um, sorry, sir," Ron hastily apologized.

Severus' lips quirked as he nodded and then turned his attention to his son, speaking gently. "Harry, your friends are right. Everything will be fine. "

Harry wasn't so sure. He hoped his father and friends were right, but his stomach was still tied in knots. He really did wish he had insisted on taking polyjuice, but it was too late now. And he didn't want to act the coward anymore.

He resolutely pushed back his sleeve, revealing the silver gryphon and snake bracelet that Draco had given him.

"Oh, Harry, that's beautiful!" Hermione exclaimed.

Momentarily distracted from his fears, Harry smiled. "Thanks. It is, isn't it? Draco gave it to me for Christmas. But it's not just a bracelet. It's a portkey."

"Wicked," Ron breathed in admiration.

"Draco said he wanted to give me something to keep me safe, since I always seem to attract danger," Harry told him.

"I already said I knew he had changed," Ron replied.

At the same time, Severus said firmly, "Your days of attracting danger are over, Mr. Potter. Now, why don't you activate the portkey and we'll be on our way?"

He laid his hand on Harry's shoulder, speaking to the other two teens as he did so. "Ron, take Hermione's hand. Hermione, place your other hand on my arm. Everyone, keep a firm grip. "

Harry started to tap the bracelet with his wand when he paused and glanced at Severus uncertainly. His father had already told him what to do and Harry didn't doubt him, not really...but Draco had said for Harry to think of a place he wished to be and Harry had never been to Boscastle, or anywhere in

14. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    The match was delightful :D And it was sweet to see the support for Harry.

This looks like trouble, though. I hope Hermione's parents are okay!! Post more soon!

15. jedimasterjsa

Jan 20, 2008
    Wonderful updates! Sorry I missed one in there. But I've only got two finals left now, and I'm not worried about either of them!

Christmas was done beautifully. You can really tell that Harry is starting to heal.

I liked you throwing in Disney World there! A lot of these Harry Potter fics are so focus on the wizarding world, it's sometimes easy to forget that this is occurring on Earth.

Something in the way you presented the adoption being made legal got me thinking...maybe...but no...I don't want to be speculating yet. We'll wait and see. :)

DANG! I just knew we couldn't have everything going right, for once! You just had to throw in something ominous (and presumedly terrible and sad! [face_worried] ) Dang authors! You just can't leave well enough alone, can you? ;) :) Oh well, stories wouldn't be worth reading if everything was ponies and rainbows all the time, would they? ;)

Thanks for such a great story!

16. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Yay and update!

But oh no! :(

Great job!

17. Kriztin

Jan 4, 2009
    Hi, everyone,

Sorry for the wait...combine computer troubles with the end of school and going out of town with vacation and that's been my life lately.

NYCitygurl: Thank you! I'm glad you liked the match. I'm not great with action scenes, and Quidditch in particular so that was a struggle for me. I'm really happy you liked it.

jedimasterjsa: Thank you! I hope your finals went okay! I'm glad you liked Christmas and the Disney World tickets. I had a few readers who didn't, and I can understand...DisneyWorld isn't really tied in with the HP universe. But if we are thinking of it all really taking place, I can imagine that Harry would like to visit there. What you're wondering about the adoption being made legal...well, you'll see if you're right in a couple chapters (I think).

Miana Kenobi: Thank you! I'm happy you liked the chapter!

18. Kriztin

Jan 4, 2009

Chapter 75

Time stood still as Harry watched his father slip towards the door. Another anguished scream came from the living room but Harry could scarcely hear it for the pounding in his ears. For an instant he wasn't standing in the Grangers' townhouse, but in the Department of Mysteries, watching helplessly as Sirius fell through the Veil.

No! It wasn't going to happen again. He wasn't going to lose his father too.

Even as the thought flitted through his mind Harry drew his wand and flew to Severus' side. Ron and Hermione were right beside him, their own wands drawn.

Severus glared at them. "Do exactly as I say. Now stay back." His voice was low, barely above a whisper, but as sharp as a knife's blade.

He cracked the door to the living room and they could glimpse the terrible sight beyond...a burly blood-stained figure with matted grey hair crouched over Hermione's father, who lay on the floor, silent and unmoving, with streaks of blood all around. Harry prayed that he was only unconscious and not dead.

Mrs. Granger was the one screaming. She too lay on the floor, a short distance from her husband. She was not bleeding but writhed in agony. A second man, tall, with a long cruel face and stringy dark hair stood over her, casually pointing his wand at her.

Harry could hear Hermione, beside him, gasp and saw her lips move as she aimed her wand, but Severus was quicker. A jet of light shot from his wand as he silently stunned Fenrir Greyback and the monster collapsed in a heap.

With that, they had lost the element of surprise and the second attacker immediately aimed for the kitchen door.

But Harry and his friends were ready. "Expelliarmus! Stupify!"

The spells hit him simultaneously and the man fell to the floor even as his wand flew out of his hand.

The four of them raced into the living room. Severus, with Harry following, went to kneel by Mr. Granger, who seemed to be in the more dire condition. A long bloody cut ran down the left side of his face and his arms were a bloody mess.

Hermione hesitated, looking between her parents.

Ron touched her hand in comfort. "Go to your dad. I'll see to your mum."

Hermione gave him a grateful look before she slipped to her father's side.

"Is he...?" Her voice shook and she couldn't finish the question.

Severus ran his wand over Mr. Granger's head and chest before answering tersely, "He's alive." He quickly ran through another spell, flicking his wand over the man's mangled arms. Harry thought he recognized it as the same charm that Severus had cast to staunch the bleeding when Draco had badly injured himself back on Halloween.

Then Severus raised his wand and cast a Patronus, a silvery deer, not a fully grown stag like Harry's, but a younger deer, not much older than a fawn, just beginning to grow little stubby antlers.

"Albus, the Grangers have been attacked by Greyback and Dolohov. Bring Poppy and come to their London home immediately."

The Patronus vanished as soon as Severus had finished speaking to it and he turned to look across the room where Ron had placed a cushion underneath Mrs. Granger's head and speaking quietly to her.

"How is she?"

"Pretty shaken up," Ron replied. "I think Dolohov crucioed her, but she's able to talk and respond to me."

Severus nodded grimly. "Hermione, care for your mother. Ron, watch Dolohov and Greyback. Perhaps add another spell to incapacitate them, just in case. Harry, cast some more protective spells around the house. Obviously, the old ones have been breached."

"There weren't any protective wards," Hermione whispered, looking stricken. "Mr. Weasley spoke with them about it, but Mum and Dad didn't want any wards. They said they refused to live in fear. They didn't really understand about the war. It's my fault, really. I always downplayed it. Actually, I never told them much about it at all. It's my fault."

He

19. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    Oooh, Snapey used his Patronus. I wonder how mad Harry will be when he finds out Severus never told him about his mom. [face_thinking]

Great job as usual!!

20. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Glad the Grangers are okay!! Poor Harry, still beating himself up :(

21. Kriztin

Jan 4, 2009
    Thank you both! I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Actually, Miana, in this AU Severus and Lily were not friends, so Severus hasn't been keeping that knowledge from Harry. His patronus is not a doe as in canon, but a young stag, not fully grown, just beginning to get antlers (based upon Harry, rather than his mother).

And NYCitygurl, I think Harry would have a very hard time not blaming himself for Sirius' death. It is something that he would struggle with for some time, I imagine.

Thank you both again!

22. Kriztin

Jan 4, 2009

Chapter 76

Harry felt fuzzy-headed and disoriented for a few seconds when he woke the next morning. He yawned as he fumbled for his glasses on the night table beside the bed, but then sat up straight as his memories of yesterday flooded back...the attack on the Grangers, and finally sharing his grief and guilt over Sirius' death.

His father had said that it wasn't his fault. Harry wished he could believe that, but it was so hard. Sirius had only gone to the Department of Mysteries because Harry had been in danger there. Even if Bellatrix Lestrange had been the one who had actually killed him, surely Harry was to blame too.

Images of Sirius flashed through Harry's mind...his godfather teasing him and throwing an affectionate arm about his shoulders, sharing last Christmas together at Grimmauld Place, the overwhelming relief when Sirius had rescued him from Death Eaters at the Department, and then the final terrible memory of his beloved godfather disappearing through the veil.

A painful lump clogged Harry's throat, but he swallowed hard against it. He wasn't going to dissolve in tears again. He couldn't right now. Hermione needed her friends and they would be going back to Hogwarts this morning.

Although if the dark grey sky outside his windows was an indication, it was still much too early to think of going over to the school yet. Harry glanced at his clock for confirmation and sighed. Not even a quarter til seven. There was still over an hour before breakfast. He considered trying to go back to sleep for a bit, but decided that he was too awake now. Well, he could get up and take a shower. With all the excitement last night, he hadn't taken one then. In fact, he didn't remember coming to bed at all. He must have fallen asleep while his father comforted him.

Despite his sorrow, Harry had to smile. Who would have ever thought that he and Severus Snape would become so close, would even consider themselves father and son? Even just one year ago, it would have seemed impossible. But just look at them now.

There was a small fire glowing in the fireplace to help ward off the winter's chill, but his room was cold anyway in these early hours. Harry quickly grabbed some clothes from his wardrobe and hurried into the bath.

A short time later he was dressed in a blue plaid shirt, a light blue jumper, and jeans, plus thick woolen socks and dark brown loafers. He brushed his hair and performed a dental charm and then hurried downstairs. It was still too soon for breakfast, but he could visit with Norie and Zan and give them a hand, if they would let him.

Unlike the rooms upstairs, the kitchen was warm and cozy. The fireplace was enormous and a bright fire blazed high. Norie and Zan bustled around, cheerfully frying up eggs, tomatoes, bacon, and bread.

"Good morning, Master Harry. Breakfast will be ready soon," Zan greeted him as he came in.

"Can I do anything to help?" Harry asked.

"Oh, no, Master Harry," Norie waved at a chair. "Just have a seat and talk with us. I don't suppose you've heard any more news from Miss Hermione?"

"No. It's too early. We'll probably go back to Hogwarts after breakfast. I guess Dad told you about what happened to her parents?"

Harry felt funny just sitting while Norie and Zan did all the work so he started for the cabinets to take down some plates and cups, but Norie made shooing motions at him.

"Don't you worry about that, dear. Zan and I will take care of this."

It still seemed wrong to Harry for him not to help, but he did know that, like all house elves, Norie and Zan took great pride in caring for their home and their wizards. So he finally sighed and gave in as he followed Norie's instructions and perched on a chair at the long table.

Norie continued to chatter as she worked. "Yes, Master Severus told us what had happened when he called to let us know you wouldn't be back for dinner last night. But he said that

23. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Aww, so sweet!!

I really wonder what that means, though!

24. Kriztin

Jan 4, 2009
    Thank you, NYCitygurl!

25. jedimasterjsa

Jan 20, 2008
    Well, I'm glad that the whole thing with the Grangers turned out all right.

It's about time Harry let the grief out over Sirius' death! I know it was really hard and all, but honestly Harry, carrying that around with you for that long can't have been good for your health!

[face_laugh] ;) =D=
    I can totally see Dumbledore being a party-holic!

Hmm, does that "nothing at all" mean that something has gone horribly wrong? Is the slavery spell preventing the adoption from taking place?! That would be awful! I don't suppose it's really a good thing, is it? Please, please, please, please! [face_praying]