Harry Potter: The Complete Set and Digital Copies

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by Obi-Ewan, Feb 22, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obi-Ewan Force Ghost

star 4
    Over the years WB has released several boxed sets of the Harry Potter movies. They have also released individual copies of each movie.

Most recently they put out their Ultimate Editions, which included a digital copy of each movie.

What are the chnaces they'll put the two together, and make a boxed set of all 8 movies?

That being the case, how likely are they to reactive the digital copies that they set to expire? In my opinion, that last part was a dick move.

In a larger view, how long do you think it will be before the public gets tired of expiration dates being used to pressure them into buying a DVD the instant it comes out? If you pay for a DVD with a Digital Copy, you've paid for the digital copy, period. Expiration dates do nothing but screw over people who have to upgrade computers, punishes those who came to appreciate a particular movie later, and encourages the piracy they're trying to deter.
  2. Chancellor_Ewok Force Ghost

star 6
    I have no doubt that they will put out a Harry Potter: The Complete Saga boxed set.

Agreed. Digital copies sound like a total rip-off. If the DVD I've bought comes with a digital copy, then I should be able to up-load it on to my digital device without having to pay for it a second time.
  3. darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost

star 5
    Before they do that, I hope they bundle 7.1 and 7.2 together.
  4. Kol_Skywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    Does 7.1 have 7.2 sound? ;)
  5. darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost

star 5
    I don't know but it should lol
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.