Ark Harry Potter: The End....WARNING: SPOILERS

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by hyperspace_police, Jul 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hyperspace_police FanForce CR Arkansas US

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    IF YOU POST A SPOILER, PLEASE BLACK IT OUT OR WE WILL ASK FOR YOU TO BE TEMPORARILY BANNED
    Sorry to seem rude, but don't ruin anything for people who don't want to know.

Speculation is welcome... Although, after tomorrow at midnight, theres not much speculation... just fact. But, nevertheless, give your fellow fans time to read the book before you spoil it... (I insert sincere apologies to Jaria for my Sacrifice slip here...)

Somewhere in the depths of the boards is our old Harry Potter movie/thought thread... but, I'm too lazy to dig it up (Sorry Nyborg...you have my permission to punish me)

So, I am starting a new Harry thread. (There is a Voldemort's Vault link on the second page...but, this is for our Harry discussions)

What did you think of Order of the Phoenix? (The movie version...not the book.)

I liked the movie. I don't have a problem with the movies not following the books to an exact "T"... As movies they tell the story of Harry, just without all the fluff that you get in the books... I feel that you have to take them as two separate entities... Books and Movies.

I've liked some of the Prequel novelizations better than their movie counterparts... So, I take what I get in both mediums and enjoy myself.

I'll be at Barnes and Noble tomorrow for the atmosphere but, at midnight I'll be going to Wal Mart to buy the book... I'm going to dress up as Tonks.

See you there.

Call me for more info if you want to join us.

[face_pig]
  2. hyperspace_police FanForce CR Arkansas US

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    OK...It's been out long enough to discuss it with spoilers...
    Without needing to black them out... too much code...

So... Did you like how she ended it? The Weasley twins and Neville had a panel at Dragon Con where they talked about how they felt about it and it was really interesting.. Fred is looking forward to his death scene... and they all hope that when it translates into film they lett Molly say "Not my daughter..well if you read the book you know the rest... (don't want to get in trouble for a swear)

I think that the whole ending thing was a bit hashed out... Too hunky dory pleasantville...but, it worked I guess...
    (No worse than Legacy of the Force's darth rehash)...

Did you think that Harry should have died? I went to a panel at D Con where there was almost a fist fight between two Potter geeks over that very subject...

Anyway... figured I'd throw it out there and see if anybody bites...
  3. otisdodge Jedi Master

star 4
    I think the epilogue was a bit cheesy, but then again I wanted more... ;)

I loved they way she killed Harry, but didn't. It was the perfect ending and everyone connected with the Fawkes has their own sort of resurrection. I thought everything was brilliant.

I honestly thought she was going to kill him. I didn't think he'd survive. For a while I was wondering if any of them would...

If I have a major complaint about the book it is that luck is far too prevalent. Call it fate, or even good planning by Dumbledore, but there are so many times when everything could have ended in disaster if luck hadn't intervened. The middle of the book drags a little and the end seems too fast. I would have liked the momentum to build more throughout.
  4. Shadowscout04 Jedi Knight

star 1
    I really wish that there would have been more indepth about their lives instead of the abrupt ending. It was like Voldomort's dead, these two got married and had kids, these two got married and had kids, and this one is a teacher at Hogwarts. THE END.

I wanted more....
  5. hyperspace_police FanForce CR Arkansas US

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    I agree... It just sort of gave the 19 years later we're all living in a happy go lucky world... we've got kiddos....we're happy...

Kind of a cop out in a weird sort of way... I don't know... I sort of thought Harry would die for real...dead and stays that way...but, I guess
    she knew what she was doing...

At least in the Expanded Star Wars Universe...you get some drama...yes, Han and Leia get married...but, then they get a major series of
    disaster...there is no "happily ever after" for them...

If you don't want Legacy of the Force spoilers...don't scroll down...

S

P

O

I

L

E

R

S

I mean....they may be rehashing the whole..."I'm destroying the galaxy for it's own good"...though Vader was only concerned primarily with his own good...but, anyway...
    they've got one son thats dead...a daughter that danced with the dark side and their other son is going all "Vader" on them...

Good ol' intergalactic angst...

Guess you've got to have your story set "A long time ago...."
  6. otisdodge Jedi Master

star 4
    Did the Hallows enthrall you like they did me? I want to get a black stone ring with the Hallows engraved! Wouldn't it be cool if she'd controlled the merchandising enough that Dumbledore's wand already had the sign of the Hallows engraved on it?
  7. otisdodge Jedi Master

star 4
    So...
    Nobody else was "enthralled", huh?
  8. hyperspace_police FanForce CR Arkansas US

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    I was a little bit annoyed... but overall satisified with the end of all of it...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.