main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Harry Potter: The Goblet of Fire

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by rhonderoo, Jan 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedichef1

jedichef1 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 17, 2004
    I cant see how you can now change the way that Gambon is going to play DD, you cant have him losing his temper like that and then suddenly calming down in the next film, especially when he sees flickers of voldemort behind harrys eyes, I mean if he lost his temper out of worry for harry over his name coming out of the goblet, whats he going to do when he sees that and when Voldemort posses Harry.

Edit: 3000 post :)

2. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    Does it seem to anyone else that these scene are, I don't know...redundant? The Hogwarts school song? Karkaroff and Snape discussing the mark again? Are these confirmed?

I mean, obviously they're not as important because they were cut, but I was expecting some good meaty deleted scenes, considering how much more was in the book.

3. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005

I am not a purist, but I do agree here.

True, but that is not the reason to alter the facts in the books and to kick out details.

I prefer Harris, too. Gambon speaks somewhat faster that I imagined Dumbledore from the books.

4. ObiWan506

ObiWan506 Former Head Admin star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 5, 2003
    There are always going to be differences between the books and the movies. I don't like it either, but it is what it is.

I do agree that Gambon's Dumbledore moves very fast, sort of negating the whole "calming" aspect we've come to expect from Dumbledore.

5. TNPredsFan

TNPredsFan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 10, 2004
    GOF is my favorite Harry Potter movie to date. I think they did a good job keeping the core of the story intact. I'm curious to see how they deal with adapting Order of the Phoenix.

6. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    I loved the GOF movie but i did feel that Barty Crouch Sr. was really weak i always imagined Barty as someone thats Really strict and quite asure of himself but the actor playing him in the movie seemed like he would have been scared of Winky if they would have put her in the movie which is another thing i wished they did.

7. han_solo_321

han_solo_321 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 14, 2002
    I would have liked to have seen him go insain like in the book. They should of done that unstead of just finding him dead.

8. ObiWan506

Aug 5, 2003
    Yes, they did change around the entire Crouch plot ... both Jr.'s and Sr.'s

9. coney_1_kenobi

coney_1_kenobi Jedi Master star 4

Aug 2, 2002
    To be honest, i liked both Harris' and Gambon's portrayal of Dumbledore. I think they both brought something to the character that the other lacked.

10. ObiWan506

Aug 5, 2003
    Now if we can get the Dumbledore character to fit in the middle of that, he would be perfect.

11. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    Yeah. I want Harris' soft style, his fragility when required... and Gambon's robustness when required (not very often). Neither actor was able to bring both.

However I would say that neither actor was able to bring the childlike enthusiasm for life that Dumbledore has.

12. Moleman1138

Moleman1138 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 18, 2004
    [image=http://www.thedigitalbits.com/articles/miscgfx/covers2/harrypottergobletoffiredvd.jpg]

I'm a lookin...and I'm a likin. - Greg Focker (Meet the Fockers)

Very nice artwork. I knew they would use the international poster.

13. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    That's extremely nice. There's no big 'Head Poster' just plonked on the cover. And the people who are on the head are in direct reference to the film's title. V.Good. Much better than the Narnia Big Ol' Aslan Head one.

14. Moleman1138

Aug 18, 2004
    Digital Bits says it's a temp cover. I think they'll just change deluxe to widescreen.

15. GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN

GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN Jedi Master star 5

Jul 4, 2004
    That's a sweet cover.

16. ObiWan506

Aug 5, 2003
    Where did that come from?

17. Moleman1138

Aug 18, 2004
    The Digital Bits

You'll need to scroll down. They already have Good Night and Good Luck and Jarhead up as well.

18. ObiWan506

Aug 5, 2003
    Thanks.

19. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    That's a great cover. I like having the other Tri-Wizard cup contestants on the cover also!

20. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    Cool cover!!!

21. ObiWan506

Aug 5, 2003
    March 7th is the release date, right?

22. Moleman1138

Aug 18, 2004
    March 7th is most certainly it.

There's going to be a one-disc and a two-disc. I'm getting the two disc and despite it having a slip cover, it's in an amaray case.

Also expanding on last year's 6-Disc Box Set of SS, COS and POA will now be an 8-Box set. Hopefully those who just want the box only have to pay five bucks for it.

23. Everton

Jul 18, 2003
    This will be the first Potter DVD I'll be buying. I was going to wait until all seven had received adaptations and buy the inevitable 'saga' boxset... but I though Goblet (Gambon aside) was good enough to get by itself).

24. ObiWan506

Aug 5, 2003
    I already have the other Potter movies. Can't wait to get this one. March 7th seems that like an early date, or it that just me? I feel like I just saw it in theaters.

Quick question, do you guys think it's going to be harder to introduce Dobby back into movie six (If he's in it) since he wasn't even in this movie at all?

25. Master_Jedi80

Master_Jedi80 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 27, 2005
    I dont think it will be harder to re-introduce Dobby...they will just bring him back and everyone will be like "oh, its Dobby"
    hahaha...

I do think they shouldve thrown him in as a reminder to audiences that hes still around...
    Maybe they will have him show up in Order of the Phoenix, briefly, to introduce that he is working in Hogwartsm and or re0introduce him when you introduce kreacher.,
    (although, considerign all that Order has to cover i doubt this)

I think they shouldve had Dobby, and even a live cameo of Sirius in Goblet. These ommisions, which couldve been a 2-3 minute scene each, were the biggest fault i had with the film...That, and they didnt have a scene with Harry, ron, hErm discussing Snape and Karkoffs discussion about the dark mark....

they totally cut out the whole House Elf/Hermoine sub plot, so i think they will re-introduce him in some sort of comical way

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.