Harry Potter: The Goblet of Fire

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by rhonderoo, Jan 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus

star 6
    i wonder why they even bother coming out with a single disc version for GOF. all the other ones have been 2 disc sets
  2. Moleman1138 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Because some people are cheap and don't care about special features. Me I was the most for my money. I want the works: documentaries, visual campaigns, tv spots, commentaries galore.

Potter hasn't been the best for special features, but you still get you money's worth for a 2-disc at 19.99 or cheaper.

3. ObiWan506 Former Head Admin

star 7
    They'll actually have special features this time, right? An in-depth "Making of ..." feature is what I'm looking for.
  4. Moleman1138 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    The double-disc special edition will include:

additional scenes
    Conversations with the Cast
    a Preparing for the Yule Ball featurette
    a Reflections on the Fourth Film featurette
    multiple interactive games
    an EA game demo and a Hogwarts Timeline

OTHER FEATURETTES
    Harry vs. The Horntail
    Meet the Champions
    In too Deep
    The Maz
    He Who Must Not Be Named
  5. ObiWan506 Former Head Admin

star 7
    Are any of those described as being an actual 'Making of ...' that encompasses the entire movie?

Upon looking at it, it looks like there are a bunch of mini featurettes that cover the making of the different segments.
  6. DMPjedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Still sounds better than the previous DVD's. I too would like something along the lines of "The Beginning" documentary with the Harry Potter films, and lose the stupid games. That, and a commentary would rule :D
  7. ObiWan506 Former Head Admin

star 7
    There are some brief clips of different documentaries at Mugglenet.com.
  8. han_solo_321 Jedi Master

star 4
    A new theater opened where I live and they are showing Hp4 today for 1 dollar, I'm going!111
  9. Moleman1138 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    I still got it at my dollar theater, but now I'm saying what's the use since the DVD is only 8 days away. Still it has to keep #2 Domestic of 05, though the gap is tightening.
  10. ObiWan506 Former Head Admin

star 7
    A dollar?!

I wish I had a theater like that around here.
  11. Beowulf Force Ghost

star 5
    Dollar theaters are the hasbeen theaters that were state of the art 30 years ago.

8 days till the DVD huh? Well...guess I'll have to buy it soon.
  12. ObiWan506 Former Head Admin

star 7
    I've never listened to the commentary of a HP movie. Mainly because I don't have time to. I'm excited to listen to GoF's commentary though. Commentary is underrated.
  13. AcklayComeHome Force Ghost

star 7
    My HP movies don't have commentaries. [face_worried]
  14. ObiWan506 Former Head Admin

star 7
    Well no wonder I never listened to them then. :p

Seriously, none of them have commentary?
  15. Moleman1138 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Neither does GOF, which pretty much sucks. A Mike Newell/JKR commentary track wouldn't be bad. I'm not sure if I can listen to Dan Rupert and Emma explaining everything for 2 hours. I'd rather have a more analytical commentary. Maybe come 2011 they'll do a massive commentary.
  16. ObiWan506 Former Head Admin

star 7
    That really is a shock. That's something I always assumed was with the HP Discs. You can bet they will re-release the series in a box set once all the movies have come out. You can also bet they'll have more features on those.
  17. Moleman1138 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Exactly. Plus there's Blu-Ray, HD-DVD, HVD to upgrade to. In a perfect world, we'd have something like NL did with the LOTR EE's four seperate commentaries. Plus the kid's be more mature and you'll get some more insightful discussion out of them. Also Jo will be able to put everything into perspective 1-7 and how each one relates to the other. It'd be foolish to spoil anything in commentaries relating to book 7 unless it was a marketing ploy.
  18. Queen_Pixie Jedi Master

star 4
    Our cheap theater just go it too, but I'm still going to it. I've gone to every other HP movie in the theater, I'm not missing this one. Besides, it gives me an excuse to leave the house by myself for a few hours.
  19. TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus

star 6
    The DVD doesn't come out here until the 27th or some rubbish. I'm so disappointed. I would have bought it on release day, as well. :(
  20. ObiWan506 Former Head Admin

star 7
    You can have someone ship it to you. How much is postage from US to Australia? [face_money_eyes]
  21. TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus

star 6
    Well not that much. I sent a CD to someone and it was only AU$4.00, but it might be more the other way around. Anyway, my DVD player isn't all regions. :(
  22. ObiWan506 Former Head Admin

star 7
    Ah, I forgot about the DVD player. Otherwise I would've sent you a copy of GoF.
  23. Jedi_Master_Conor Manager Emeritus

star 6
    are there dvd players at all that play all regions? they're probably really expensive though
  24. TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus

star 6
    There are all regions DVD players, but mine is an old one, so won't do it.

Thanks for the offer, though, 506. I really appreciate it, even though it isn't happening. :)
  25. Moleman1138 Manager Emeritus

star 6
    That's actually a good idea. Australia has Region 2 if I'm not mistaken. The R1 is usually pretty good.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.