main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Harry Potter: The Last Horcrux? Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Books and Comics' started by rhonderoo, Jan 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    Okay, I'm finishing up The Halfblood Prince and am really starting to think that Harry himself is where the last vestige of Voldemort's soul resides.

The whole thing about parsel tongue in Chamber of Secrets and the wands connecting in Goblet of Fire made even more suspicious.

All Speculation on Book 7, the final book is welcome. :)

Edited title to reflect the role of this thread in conjunction with forum spoiler rules.

2. NightHunter319

NightHunter319 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 14, 2005
    Do want the spoilers? Ill give you em...

Dumbly Door has memories of voldos past which are distorted because Voldemort blocked them out , Harry retrieves the blocked out memories and finds out that Voldo uses Corxcuses (sp?)
    which give him the power to stay alive.

The Deatheaters attack Hogworts and Dumbledoor dies :_|. wanna know who killed him? SNAPE!

Thats all I can think of off the top of my head.

edit: Im gonna like this forum

3. RolandofGilead

RolandofGilead Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2001
    And here I was hoping for spoilers for Book VII. :(

4. masterluke9

masterluke9 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 28, 2005
    We should make a thread here that's just about speculaton for book 7.

5. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    Well, it could be one if it turns out that I'm right. ;)

So far we have...what?

The 6 Horcruxes:

Tom Riddle's diary
    Ring
    Locket
    Mirror
    Hufflepuff's Cup

6. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    We'll dub this one. :)

7. NightHunter319

Jul 14, 2005
    Spoiler!

Harry Saves The Day!

But seriously, Harry as the Last Horocrux? It sounds good, considering he was the only one who could stop him from killing him, he might need Harry dead in order to break the curse that Harrys mom bestowed on Harry

8. masterluke9

May 28, 2005
    It's entirely possible that Harry is a horcrux. JK has mentioned that she's lived with Harry for so long that she does want to kill him. I think in the seventh book Ron and Hermoine will survive though Ginny won't. Then again the prophecy very well could have been about Neville. Neville could be the hero of the series (though i doubt it because it is the Harry Potter series) by killing himself or having someone else do it. I think R.A.B is Regulas Black, (Sirius's brother or cousin or nephew, i'm not sure) who apparently attempted to leave the Death Eaters and was killed by Voldemort. I think he pulled a Pettigrew though and vanished without a trace.

9. NightHunter319

Jul 14, 2005
    Also, Snape is still good. I believe Dumbledore said something along the lines of ''Do it, Severes'' Snape is simply a double agent and will help Harry in the last book

10. DorkmanScott

DorkmanScott Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    Nighthunter, what exactly did either of those things have to do with the idea of Harry Potter being the last Horcrux?

Anyway, I'm torn on this concept myself. On the one hand, it makes a lot of sense. Having some of Voldemort's soul inside of him explains how it is that Harry has so many of Voldemort's abilities, has a strong connection with the Dark Lord, and also explains his scar (the Ring horcrux was cracked after the enchantment was put upon it).

On the other hand, if Harry is a horcrux, it was clearly accidental and Voldemort doesn't even seem to know it. Otherwise why on earth has he tried to kill Harry so many times?

IF this is the case, then Harry may indeed have to sacrifice himself so that Voldemort can be made mortal, but I don't like that because it means that someone else then finishes Voldemort off. Unless maybe it's Snape, that I would accept. But Ron or Hermione blowing Voldemort away after all the other stories just wouldn't sit right with me.

Also, the prophecy says "neither can live while the other survives," which I still don't get for the LIFE of me, since they're both alive.

I wouldn't really call this book 7 speculation since it's just about aspects of it. Though it might contain book 6 AND 7 spoilers.

M. Scott

11. masterluke9

May 28, 2005
    Dumbledore is still alive i believe. He pulled something there or Snape did because I think Harry is going to have to die. A final dual beetween Dumbledore and Voldemort always seemed inevitable to me and yet it hadn't happened.

12. NightHunter319

Jul 14, 2005
    Your Dumbledore is dead son, accept it

But yes, Dumbledore is dead. Rowling cant let everyone who's died come back to life.

I mean, I got mad when Harrys parents ghosts came back to life in Book 4.
    Dumbledore was weak and had no wand, he was hit with a point blank Avadra Kedavra, he's dead.

13. DorkmanScott

DorkmanScott Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    This thread is about Harry the Horcrux. Let's talk Dumbledore/Snape in its own thread.

Aren't these new forums fun?!

M. Scott

14. masterluke9

May 28, 2005
    Who else could possibly other than Harry kill Voldie than. Snape is likely too weak and as Dorkman said it would be stupid if Ron or Hermoine did it. Dumbledore could have apparated before the spell hit him and apparatted down to make it appear he had been killed.

15. rhonderoo

Aug 7, 2002
    I'm thinking that Snape will turn out to have given some kind of oath to protect Harry. There is something there between him and Dumbledore, that's for sure.

Edit: Actually, DS, I opened this one for speculation on the horocrux, and also general book speculation. :)

16. Obiyodawinduvader

Obiyodawinduvader Jedi Master star 4

Apr 15, 2005
    I do believe Harry is the last Horcrux, but that means he's gotta die to stop Voldemort, right? I can't see JK killing off Harry.... maybe some other kind of sacrifice...

And I know where one of the horcruxes is! I'm sure all of you know by now, but the locket is at Sirius' house!

17. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
    Yeah I've always been of the belief (even before we learned about Horocruxes) that Harry was connected to Voldemort in some magical way.

I also believe that Snape is still a good guy and that Dumbledore shall return.

18. Ariadne

Ariadne Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 29, 2003

I don't know about the Harry-Horcrux theory. It makes sense from the parseltongue point of view, but... After all, the OotP prophecy states that "either must die at the hand of the other for neither can live while the other survives", which to me implies that Harry has a chance of surviving his final battle. If he is a horcrux, then surely he'd have to die to destroy Voldemort?

That of course assumes that there's no 'safe' way to exorcise Voldemort's soul. If it can be done without destroying the vessel of that soul, then Harry could well be it. It just that Dumbledore talks about destroying them all the time. As I said, I don't know. Can't make my mind up.

What really makes me curious is the identity of R.A.B. If it is Regulus Black, as many think, then it throws all we know of the Black family into doubt. Maybe they're not all scum after all.

Also, I reckon Snape and Dumbledore set the whole thing up between them. After all, Dumbledore didn't beg Snape not to kill him, did he? He may very well have been dying all along. I actually read an interesting theory that claimed that Dumbledore's arm had, by accident, become the repository for that part of the soul in the ring. I'm not sure I agree with it, but I thought it was interesting. Certainly a good reason for Dumbledore to want to die.

19. Moleman1138

Moleman1138 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 18, 2004
    Looking at Campbell's Hero of a Thousand Faces, you can see that SW, LOTR, HP, Narnia and every other fantasy follows the same pattern.

SW:
    Vader desires to be free of the mask and armor and sacrifices his own mortality for good.

LOTR:
    Frodo leaves Middle-Earth, leaving his friends behind and going to the afterlife

Narnia:
    All who are good at the end of the Last Battle, sacrifice what life they had in Narnia and join Aslan in the real Narnia.

HP:
    ?????????

There is going to be some sort of sacrifice one way or another on Harry's part. Whether Harry has to Avada Kedavra himself or something else. He will die one way or another.

20. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    JK has confirmed that neither Harry nor Ginny are Horocruxes. In order for them to be so, Voldermort has to constantly belong in their conscious and constantly take over their souls and co-exist in their bodies (like he does the snake.)

The final Horocrux will be something completely unexpected. The question remains, will Harry die defeating Voldermort? JK wants the series to end w/ book 7, his heroic death would be the perfect way to end the series. It'll be interesting to see if she's willing to do that or not.

21. Ariadne

Ariadne Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 29, 2003

Hasn't she already said that Harry will not die?

As far as deaths go, I think at least one of the Weasleys has to die. There's seven of them, I can't see how all of them are going to make it to the end.

Percy. Let it be Percy.

22. Moleman1138

Moleman1138 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 18, 2004
    I can pretty much guarantee the book will be called Harry Potter and the (whatever the horcrux is). The book will somehow relate to the DADA professor as every other book does. "Of" will not be used in the title.

Chamber OF Secrets
    Prisoner OF Azkaban
    Goblet OF Fire
    Order OFthe Phoenix

23. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    I had heard some spoilers saying that the last book will be named HP and the Quest of the Centaur. Can anyone confirm this?

24. AmberStarbright

AmberStarbright Jedi Grand Master star 7

Dec 20, 2002
    That is a rumour, as far as I am aware no book name has been announced

25. Obiyodawinduvader

Obiyodawinduvader Jedi Master star 4

Apr 15, 2005
    I'd say it's a rumor... I don't think she has revealed the name, and it sounds... well... not Rowling-like.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.