main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Harry Potter: The Last Horcrux? Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Books and Comics' started by rhonderoo, Jan 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheBoogieMan

TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 14, 2001
    If Harry is a horcrux it is accidental and Voldemort doesn't know about it.

Think about this: Voldemort was trying to make his final Horcrux with the death of Harry. Voldemort tries to kill Harry, it doesn't work, but the Horcrux spell does and instead (without V's knowledge) implants itself in Harry. It's possible.

2. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    Well according to Mugglenet, these are the only CONFIRMED debunked items from JK herself about book 7:

Listen carefully, I shall say this only once: the only sources you should trust concerning information on the Half-Blood Prince are official spokespeople for my publishers and my official website.

- JK Rowling, JKRowling.com

* The title of the book will not be "Harry Potter and the Pyramids of Furmat."

* There will be no character named "Icicle," and JK said that she didn't recall saying there ever would be.

* Dumbledore is not a relative of Harry.

* Harry is not related to Voldemort and he is not related to Salazar Slytherin.

* Lily Potter is not alive.

* Lily was not a Death Eater.

* No prequel books are planned (no books before Harry's time at Hogwarts).

* Crookshanks is not an Animagus.

* Neville is not the son of Peter Pettigrew. (Where do these people come up with this stuff?!)

* Remus Lupin does not have a twin brother.

* JK does not have any parts in the films.

Note, nothing about Harry being a Horcrux, however I swear I read an article w/ her somewhere that she flat out stated that Ginny nor Harry are horcruxes...she said it just wasn't possible. I'll have to hunt for the article.

3. AmberStarbright

AmberStarbright Jedi Grand Master star 7

Dec 20, 2002
    If JK said that Mugglenet would have had it on their site

4. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    I was wondering if the horcrux was something not mentioned really like something of Ravenclaw or maybe the sword of Gryffyndor. I do like the Mirror of Erised theory makes alot more sense to me than Harry being a horcrux. Like Zebra said why would Voldermort want to kill Harry if he has a part of him in Harry. That's sucide really and Voldermort is going thru a lot of trouble for anyone to find the horcrux's too. I also wonder if Dumbledore's picture in his office or should i say Headmistress McGonagall's office would help at least with advice.

It just popped in my mind Harry's wand is the brother of Voldermort's wand i know it seems simple but i wonder other than not working properly against eachothers wand has a little more to do with it being a horcrux of course it's a long shot but you never know.

5. jedichef1

jedichef1 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 17, 2004
    I have serious doubts iver the mirror being the horcrux, if it were then voldemort would have known what it was in PS and would have known how it worked. Ok he told Quirrell to use the boy but in no way did he explain how to use it.

As for harry being the horcrux, i can see why people would think that but slughorn said there is a spell to make a horcrux and as voldemort was ripped from his body as the AK curse rebounded on him how did he manage to make the horcrux and say the spell as the curse failed and his soul would not have been ripped as it needed to be ?

6. TheBoogieMan

Nov 14, 2001
    I'll say it again: If Harry is a Horcrux it was entirely accidental and Voldemort does not know it, although he may suspect. Notice no attempts by Voldemort to kill Potter since GOF? In fact, his death eaters appear to be under orders not to attack him, and save it for the Dark Lord.

7. Teegirloo

May 26, 2005
    That's true so that could be a possibility.

8. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    Yeah, I was wrong when it comes to Harry=horcrux theory. I haven't really thoght about Voldemort trying to kill him. Still, there is a slight possibility that Harry has something to do with the horcruxes...

I'm not so sure. Voldemort did face the mirror in Book 1 and it didn't seem like he knew how to use it, nor anything about its powers.

9. TheBoogieMan

Nov 14, 2001
    So what about "Harry and the Horcruxes" for the title of the seventh book? :p

10. Zebra3

Zebra3 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 28, 2004
    Ummm... I'm gonna give a big negatory on that one Boog :p

How about Harry Potter and the End? :p

11. TheBoogieMan

Nov 14, 2001
    Awww . . . maybe Harry can form a band after book seven and call it that instead . . . :p

12. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003

I thought I remembered that article also. Not sure where, but I thought I remembered having read that neither Ginny nor Harry are Horcruxes because of the fact that they would have to be constantly possessed all the time.

Really interesting speculation. I'm not sure what to think of Snape, but he's so incredibly complex that just when you think you have him figured out he does something that throws you for a loop. I'll buy into the theory that he did it on Dumbledore's orders having sworn an oath to protect Harry for now. Can't wait for the seventh book :D

13. Moleman1138

Moleman1138 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 18, 2004
    I am totally backing the Mirror of Erised as a horcrux

Jo doesn't throw things in haphazardly. I continued to analyze and analyze and everything is starting to fit.

1. Sorcerer's Stone
    Horcrux: (Mirror of Erised - Ravenclaw Heirloom)
    "Only something who wanted to find the stone and not use it could get it through the mirror"
    DADA: Quirell (Wanted to use the stone)

2. Chamber of Secrets
    Horcrux: (Tom Riddle's Diary)
    "Used to manipulate Ginny into opening the Chamber of Secrets"
    DADA: Lockhart (Sent down into the Chamber due to his "expertise")

3. Prisoner of Azkaban
    Horcrux: (Hufflepuff Cup? or Gryffindor Heirloom?)
    "Don't know the relation of Hufflepuff to Lupin and Sirius / Gryffindor heirloom would work"
    DADA: Lupin (He was the leak that brought Sirius the POA to Hogwarts/Hogsmeade)

4. Goblet of Fire
    Horcrux: (Voldemort himself)
    "Moody manipulated TriWizard Tourament to get Harry to the Dark Lord (what soul was left)"
    DADA: Moody (Really Barty Crouch Jr. who manipulated the GOF and sent Harry to Voldemort)

5. Order of the Phoenix
    Horcrux: (Slytherin Locket - Slytherin Heirloom)
    "At #12 Grimmauld Place, Headquarters of the Order of the Phoenix"
    DADA: Umbridge (some relationship to the locket and OOTP)

6. Half-Blood Prince
    Horcrux: (Gaunt Ring)
    "Dumbledore destroyed the Gaunt Ring"
    DADA: Snape (Killed the destroyer of the Gaunt Ring and is the Half-Blood Prince)

7. (Unknown Title)
    Horcrux: (Hufflepuff Cup, Gryffindor Heirloom or Nagini)
    "unknown how horcrux will be related to DADA and title"
    DADA: Unknown (somehow will be related to the title and the horcrux)

Everything is starting to fit quite nicely now. There's a few small things to be ironed out, but I think I've got this down.

14. Teegirloo

May 26, 2005
    Interesting Mole i never thought of it the way you put it.[face_thinking]

15. Zebra3

Aug 28, 2004
    :cool:

That's a great list! Looking back on the previous books now I'm always amazed to see how well Rowling's made those individual bits and pieces fit together. For the readers it's like trying to put together a jugsaw puzzle without seeing the whole picture.

But there's a little problem with this one:
    Lupin wasn't the leak that brought Sirius to Hogwarts. What really brought Sirius to the school was seeing Scabbers (aka Wormtail, aka Peter Pettigrew) on the front page of The Daily Prophet that Fudge had given him during his inspection of Azkaban over the summer. He read the article and learned that Ron (who was holding Scabbers) was going to be at Hogwarts. Naturally Sirius assumed the rat would go with him.

... Or did I just misinterpret what you meant by Lupin being the leak? :confused: If so, I appoligize.

16. Moleman1138

Aug 18, 2004
    I haven't read POA in over a year but I do remember the line from the movie that Snape said.

"I told Dumbledore that you were helping an old friend into the castle and here's the proof."

Anyways there is a friendship between the DADA and the Title Character (Lupin and Sirius) I just can't think of a Horcrux that would be related to both of them unless it was the Gryffindor heirloom.

The Hufflepuff cup is difficult to place.

17. Zebra3

Aug 28, 2004
    "I told Dumbledore that you were helping an old friend into the castle and here's the proof."

That's the line that they give to Snape when he bursts in on the party in the Shrieking Shack. He sees them together, Lupin obviously not attempting to take Sirius into custody, and jumps to the conclusion that Lupin's helping him.

If there's one thing that I have to say that I don't like about the POA movie is that it's not explained well how Sirius knew that Pettigrew would be at Hogwarts. They could have added a line in that scene about how he got the paper from Fudge during his visit. Otherwise, if you don't know the books, then you'll be thinking..

"Okay.. so he comes to Hogwarts and is apparently looking for Harry. No! That's just ared herring because Black's actually looking for.... Pettigrew... who is actually Scabbers? How exactly did he know that Scabbers would be at Hogwarts? For that matter! How did he even know that the guy he apparently saw blown to smithereens was still alive in the first place? Where's my asprin?"

18. Teegirloo

May 26, 2005
    Anyways there is a friendship between the DADA and the Title Character (Lupin and Sirius) I just can't think of a Horcrux that would be related to both of them unless it was the Gryffindor heirloom.

Yeah i agree the only thing that comes to mind is the mirror that Sirius gave Harry to keep in touch with him in OOTP it may have been used by all the Mauruders they probably found it at Hogwarts using some a secret passage way that Riddle used 50 yrs ago....... just a guess.

19. Zebra3

Aug 28, 2004
    That's a good point about the mirror. In that Mugglenet/Leaky Cauldron interview Rowling did say that the mirror was off te table. Which makes me think it's pretty important...

20. Moleman1138

Aug 18, 2004
    But 2 mirrors (Erised and Sirius') as horcruxes? :confused: Seems kind of redundant.

21. Zebra3

Aug 28, 2004
    Not necessarily both of them being Horcruxes. But something about some morror is definately important.

22. Teegirloo

May 26, 2005
    Right and the one in OOTP isnt mentioned much but if it isnt a horcrux i think it maybe able to help Harry in some sort of way.

23. Zebra3

Aug 28, 2004
    I'm going back through that interview now to see if I can dig up those quotes about the mirror. and I also found this quote about Ginny from the same interview. It's on Page three towards the bottom http://www.mugglenet.com/jkrinterview3.shtml :

MA: Someone put it to me last night, that if Ginny, with the diary -

JKR: Harry definitely destroyed that piece of soul, you saw it take shape, you saw it destroyed, it?s gone. And Ginny is definitely in no way possessed by Voldemort.

24. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    [face_laugh] LOL

Wow. That is a very nice theory. It could easily work, though I don't think Umbridge has something to do with the horcruxes.

I had thought of that mirror too, but I don't think it would work. Surely Voldemort wouldn't let his horcrux just lying around somwhere in the school. Remeber how he secured the locket. And is R.A.B. is Regalus Black, surely he would destroy the mirror if it would fell into the hands of his relative...

25. Zebra3

Aug 28, 2004
    I don't think that the mirror Sirius gave to Harry was the Horcrux. At the end of OotP, after he tries contacting Sirius in it and fails, he throws it back into his trunk so forcefully that it shatters.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.