main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Harry Potter: The Last Horcrux? Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Books and Comics' started by rhonderoo, Jan 3, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Teegirloo

Teegirloo Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 26, 2005
    Well reading a little bit of the link Zebra posted i saw this.

JKR: No, it's just studying. The Department of Mysteries is all about studying. They study the mind, the universe, death?

MA: Are we going back to that room, that locked room?

JKR: No comment.

I was wondering if it was possible that one of the horcruxes could have fallen in to ministry's hands and put in the DOM of course they probably didnt know what they had but if Harry does go back there then he may actually be trying to find something specific there like a horcrux.

I doubt it though just trying to figure out why he would go back there.

2. Zebra3

Zebra3 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 28, 2004
    Found it! :)

MA: R.A.B.

JKR: Ohhh, good.

[All laugh.]

JKR: No, I'm glad! Yes?

MA: Can we figure out who he is, from what we know so far?

[Note: JKR has adopted slightly evil look here]

JKR: Do you have a theory?

MA: We've come up with Regulus Black.

JKR: Have you now?

MA: Uh-oh.

[Laughter.]

JKR: Well, I think that would be, um, a fine guess.

MA: And perhaps, being Sirius?s brother, he had another mirror ?

JKR: [drums fingers on soda can]

MA: Does he have the other mirror, or Sirius?s mirror ?

JKR: I have no comment at all on that mirror. That mirror is not on the table. [Laughter from all; Jo's is maniacal.]

MA: Let the record note that she has drummed her fingers on her Coke can in a very Mr. Burns-like way.

[Laughter.]

JKR: Oh, I love Mr. Burns.

3. Teegirloo

May 26, 2005
    Very interesting indeed[face_thinking]

4. jedichef1

jedichef1 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 17, 2004
    I think that the mirror sirius gave harry is more likely than the mirror of erised, oh and boogie voldemort has tried to kill harry since GOF he tried in the MOM but DD bewitched the statue to jump in front of harry to protect him.

5. Teegirloo

May 26, 2005
    Voldermort tried to possess Harry but he couldnt stand being in him if im correct about that i havent read it in awhile.

6. Moleman1138

Moleman1138 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 18, 2004
    However the Mirror of Erised fits as the Ravenclaw heirloom since it has raven claws (no pun intended) if I'm not mistaken.

Sirius' mirror could fit as the Gryffindor heirloom, but I'd rather see the Gryffindor heirloom come from Godric's Hollow. There's got to be a reason to go back than just to visit the graves. It's definitely in Godric's Hollow.

7. Twinky_Stryder

Twinky_Stryder Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 16, 2003
    I've got a random idea.

Maybe Voldemort, since GOF, has discovered that Harry (or Harry's scar) is the last Horcrux. And, in an effort to make sure that a)nobody finds this out and b)that bit of his soul doesn't get destroyed, he offers Harry the chance to join the darkside.

OK, you're proberly thinking "Harry would never go for something like that" but think about it a sec, almost every adult who's really cared about Harry is now dead, he's lacking any real role model to morally guide him, he's got a (possibly misguided) vendetta against Snape, he's full of anger, he's had to break up with the love of his life in an attempt to protect her(which may not actually work) and he's torn up with the fact that he is gonna have to become a killer. Voldemort could very easily turn Harry's impulsivness and anger against him in an attempt to turn him evil. Y'know, pull a Palpatine. If he makes the offer sound really good, who's saying Harry wouldn't refuse?

Everyone has a breaking point, even "The Chosen One".

8. Zebra3

Zebra3 Jedi Master star 5

Aug 28, 2004
    Quite right. Here's the original description of The Mirror of Erised:

It was a magnigificent mirror, as high as the ceiling, with an ornate gold frame, standing on two clawed feet. There was an inscription carved around the top: Erised stra ehru oyt ube cafru oyt on wohsi.

It certainly is ornate enough to be an artifact of a Hogwarts Founder. Then Dumbledore goes on to say that the mirror shows us the deepest desires of out hearts. That's what the inscription says "I show not your face but your heart's desire." Now Rowena Ravenclaw was supposedly the intellectual or logical one of the founders. What other way could there be to more logicaly study your own desires than to see them presented before your very eyes?

Right. Here's what Dumbledore says in chapter 23 of HBP:

"...You have flitted into Lord Voldemort's mind without damage to yourself but he cannot possess you without enduring mortal agony, as he discovered in the Ministry. I do not think he understands why, Harry, but ten he was in such a hurry to mutilate his own soul, he never paused to understand the incomparable power of a soul that is untarnished and whole."

Which was why Voldemort was using Occulmency against Harry in HBP.

9. Teegirloo

May 26, 2005
    Im not convinced of this theory.

10. Raven

Raven Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 5, 1998

My guess is that Harry is going to end up absorbing Voldemort somehow.

I can't see Harry as being willing to kill anyone, even Voldemort, in cold blood when it comes right down to it. He's too good for that. But instead of destroying Voldemort completely and utterly, I could see Harry using the last Horocrux to absorb what's left of Voldemort's soul - something that might be made easier by the connection between the two.

The result would be Harry, but he'd also have all of Voldemort's knowledge. That'd provide a way for things to resolve quickly - none of Voldemort's supporters would have a hope in heck.

11. Coruscant

Coruscant Chosen One star 7

Feb 15, 2004
    Raven: Always Searching for the Awesomeness :p

12. jedichef1

Aug 17, 2004
    I still have the same problem with the mirror of erised in that Voldemort did not know how to use it or how it worked in PS.

13. treestump

treestump Jedi Youngling

Jan 8, 2006
    what about vols wand???wormtail,the durslys

14. Twinky_Stryder

Twinky_Stryder Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 16, 2003
    All I'm saying is that if Harry is in an emotionally unstable state he could very possibly be pushed over the edge and, like Anakin, go evil. And Voldemort is exactly the kind of person who would use Harry's emotions and frequent bursts of impelsiveness against him.

I know it's dumb, but it's not as far-fetched as some of the other theories that are floating round the net.

15. Moleman1138

Moleman1138 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 18, 2004
    Book 7 will surely take Harry to the limit. Enough to do Avada Kedavra. I don't know. But there will be hate swelling.

16. RebelScum77

RebelScum77 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2003
    I agree with Raven that I'm not sure Harry can bring himself to do Avada Kadavra on anyone, even Voldemort. It would be more likely that he is destroyed by some other means, something special that only Harry can do, because he's Harry... if that makes sense.

17. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005
    Sirius' mirror could fit as the Gryffindor heirloom, but I'd rather see the Gryffindor heirloom come from Godric's Hollow. There's got to be a reason to go back than just to visit the graves. It's definitely in Godric's Hollow.

I like the idea. There is deffinately something in Godric's Hollow.

Book 7 will surely take Harry to the limit. Enough to do Avada Kedavra. I don't know. But there will be hate swelling.

Yeah, I think that too. He used Sectumsempra spell - an evil spell against Malfoy. He hates Snape and Voldemort more than Malfoy, so he'll probably go for Avada Kevadra.
    For that Dark Side Harry theory - I'm not sure if he would go 'bad', but there will surely be some temptation. We can see that Harry, his surroundings and the entire atmosphere of HP books grow more darker in each book. I don't think he'll actually turn, but there is a lot of anger and hatered in him; towards Voldemort, towards Snape, towards Malfoy...

18. Teegirloo

May 26, 2005
    Right so i think Harry will do Avada Kedarva because it's what has to be done not cause he is becoming evil. Remember neither can live while the other one lives so more likely Harry will do it.

19. RebelScum77

RebelScum77 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2003
    Who says Voldemort can be killed only through Avada Kedavra? That seems a little too obvious to me. There's got to be something special about his connection to Harry that he doesn't necessarily have to do a spell that any normal wizard is capable of, even if Harry is the only one who can eliminate Voldemort.

20. Teegirloo

May 26, 2005
    Well i wasnt saying it's the only option i was saying that Harry wouldnt be afraid to use it im sure if there is other ways Harry will do it whatever is necessarry to kill Voldermort.

21. jedichef1

Aug 17, 2004
    I think he may have to do something other than the AV curse, he does not seemto be the kind of person who would use that curse, the only reason he used sectumsempra was because he didnt know what is was and regretted it straight after even if it was against Malfoy.

22. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    I agree with RS and Raven. There is probably going to be some special twist in the Harry/Voldemort relationship that will cause Harry to defeat Voldemort.

23. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    At the climax to HBP, Harry is spitting blood... he's utterly furious. For the first time in the series, he's passionate about taking out those who have wronged him. No longer is it an unwanted burden, no longer is it an 'I'd rather be playing Quidditch with Ron' thing. No longer is he reluctant. He's ready to go for it. Additionally, for the first time in the series Voldemort is getting back a degree of true power... and Dumbledore is gone.

So... we've got a reversal of fortunes from the start of this tale. At the beginning, Harry knew nothing and didn't exactly embrace the fame and responsibility that came with his name and with his scar... and Voldemort was nothing, just a lost soul desperate to remain in existence. Harry was protected by Dumbledore. 'Today', Harry is strong with anger and vitriol, but with nobody to protect him, and Voldemort is ready to kick ass. At the beginning they were set apart from one another and now, near the end, they are on a collision course. This of course, suits Voldemort. He would like nothing more than a full on confrontation with all the accompanying bloodshed and terror. What I believe to be Harry's crucial advantage though, is he came from a position of love and reluctance. He hasn't been stewing over this inevitable conclusion for years and years, he has only been piecing it together bit by bit.

I think Harry will go into Book Seven at a million miles an hour, dead set on destroying Voldemort and all his followers... but I also believe that this approach will be met with nothing but equal force. He cannot destroy Voldemort like that. What will destroy Voldemort is love, and understanding. Harry's journey in Book Seven will be understanding that, and calming down. I absolutely believe that somehow Harry will take out Voldemort, but it will not be a big ol' duel or whatever... it will be close, and personal, and make use of weapons that are not in Voldemort's arsenal - love, friendship - all that has been brought to Harry's character over his years at Hogwarts, and all that is missing from Voldemort's. Voldemort will never get the chance to unleash hell on Earth.

I believe that the big 'spectacle' finale of the series will take place between Harry and Snape. Harry and Voldemort will have something altogether cleverer going on.

24. Darth-Kevin-Thomas

Darth-Kevin-Thomas Jedi Master star 5

Sep 27, 2002
    I say Harry Forgives voldemort instead of killing him. He has voldemort by the neck with his wand and forgives him.

dkt

25. Amon_Amarth

Amon_Amarth Force Ghost star 6

Jan 27, 2005

True. Hmm... Maybe he'll use the sword of Griffindor...

He can't. It is his destiny to destroy Voldemort. In one way or the other.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.