main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Char, NC Harry Potter & the Order Of The Phoenix Midnight Screening July 12th/13th Planning thread

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by TuskenFan, Apr 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TuskenFan

TuskenFan Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 5, 2005
    Ok, I thought that we might need a thread for this too. So we can try to figure out which theater would be most convenient for us to meet at. We might also want to talk about pre-ordering tickets. So again, any ideas? Throw them out there...

2. Jedi-Siri

Jedi-Siri Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2004
    Oh awesome! I am soooo excited about these movies.

Well I was thinking of going to a theater a little outside Charlotte, but I'd be willing to go somewhere else. I can't remember what is called, maybe Phillips place. I wanted to go there because I heard of people in costumes going to movies there before, but like I said, I'd go somewhere else.

There is also an IMAX showing at midnight and the next day. I was planning on going Friday night. That is going to be awesome. The final scenes will be in 3D!

3. TuskenFan

Jan 5, 2005
    My suggestions for theater location would be the AMC 22 in Pineville, Regal Cinemas at the Stone Crest shopping center (this is near the Ballantyne section of Charlotte and only a couple of exits past the Pineville exit), or the AMC theater at Northlake Mall (up 77 heading towards Huntersville). These theaters hace superior screens and sound systems. Again, this is all going to be determined by which theater is going to be most convenient for everyone.

4. Jedi-Siri

Jedi-Siri Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2004
    My preference would be Regal. I've gone to several midnight showings at AMC 22 and I just don't like the atmosphere. Of course my opinion is based off of how many people show up in costume and not too many do. lol.

5. TuskenFan

Jan 5, 2005
    That's fine by me. I went to the midnight screening of Revenge Of The Sith at Regal and we had a great time. Lot's of people in costume and everything. It was my first event with the Charlotte FanForce. If you like you can check out pictures from the event here...

http://s115.photobucket.com/albums/n290/CharlotteFanForce/ROTS%20Midnight%20Screening%2005-19-05/

6. TuskenFan

Jan 5, 2005
    Ok, it looks like we will be going to Regal Cinema at the Stone Crest Shopping Center. As we get closer to the release of the movie I will check to see about pre-ordering tickets to the midnight screening.

7. TuskenFan

Jan 5, 2005
    Alright, according to Mugglenet.com and Warner Brothers, it looks like the release date for OOTP will be changing from Friday, July 13th to Wednesday, July 11th. Which means the midnight screening would be on Tuesday, July 10th. We need to decide what we want to do as far as seeing this film. We could go to the midnight screening on the 10th, but I need to know in advance, I normally work on Tuesdays until midnight and I would need to make arrangements to be off for that night. Or we could go see it on opening night, the 11th, at say an 8, 9 or 10 o'clock showing. I am open to any of this but I just need to know because of my work schedule. Thanks...

8. TuskenFan

Jan 5, 2005
    Hello everyone. I am going to start taking orders for tickets to see Order Of The Phoenix. We will need to make a decision as to what time we will be going. There are only 2 evening showings on July 13th. One at 7:30 pm and one at 10:40 pm. Those times are the same for Saturday, July 14th. I think the 10:40 pm show would be better, it allows us to get dinner beforehand and I think that showing will have less children in it. I will be including all pertinant information below.

Date: Friday, July 13th 2007

Time: 10:40 pm?

Theater: Regal Stonecrest At Piper Glen 22
    7824 Rea Road
    Charlotte, NC 28277

Ticket Price: $9.25 + $1.00 service charge. Total-$10.25 each.

Anyone who is going, please PayPal the money to Jada at, ladyjadamarnew@gmail.com by 8 pm on Friday, July 6th 2007 or you can give me the money at the Tega Cay 4th of July Parade, we will be there. I will be ordering all tickets on Friday, July 6th. Be sure to indicate your name and how many tickets you are needing if you PayPal. Any additional questions feel free to post here or PM me. Thanks...

9. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    Just upping this in case anyone wants to join TK-2970 tonight.

10. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    TK-2970 and I went today to see the movie. I really did enjoy it. I realize that they had a ton of material to work with and only so much they could fit into one movie. I think my favorite part was when:

Fudge walks into the Ministy of Magic, looks at Voldemort and says "He's back" with a stunned look. D'oh! That's what Dumbledore and Harry having been telling you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.