main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Harry Potter] The Reluctant Journal of Ron Weasley- 2011 Dear Diary Challenge Completed 12/21

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by FelsGoddess, Jan 1, 2011.

1. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    Fantastic updates, Fels! =D= I feel bad for Ron! I hope he will get used to Harry and Ginny someday. :p

2. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    [face_laugh] Yay Ron!!

3. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    Hazel
    You go, Ron! applause
    Yep. :D Thank you for reading!

QueenArdnassak

On to a different topic. The more I think of her, the more I miss her.
    Shut. Up. Bilson.
    Aww! love Squeee!!!
    And then: laugh laugh laugh
    He has to deal with Bilson all the time... those two are just too hilarious a pair! You picked a perfect enemy!
    Bravo! applause

He's adorable. Thank you!

Sara_Kenobi
    Fantastic updates, Fels! applause I feel bad for Ron! I hope he will get used to Harry and Ginny someday. tongue
    He probably won't have a choice. :p Thank you!

NYCitygurl
    laugh Yay Ron!!
    Yep. :D Thanks!

4. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    Entry Five

We?ve been traveling the countryside for two weeks looking for an escaped wizard. By we, I mean Harry, Bilson, Aurors Cleric and McCarthy and myself. The man, Donovan Peterson, was arrested for attacking four Muggles outside London. He escaped custody. This assignment is, without a doubt, easier than hunting for Horcruxes.

Right now, I?m sitting in a Muggle coffeehouse. Our investigation led us here. What we found out, I can?t write down. I can?t even say where I am. Peterson knows he is being hunted. We don?t know if he knows who is after him. Because of the mission, no one can know where we are. I haven?t spoken to Hermione in a month. You see, right before this assignment, she was gone for the Ministry. She went to Spain for two weeks. I visited her towards the beginning of the trip, but had to leave.

For once, writing in this is serving a useful purpose. I have a Muggle newspaper open, along with some textbooks. I guess I look like I?m a student from the nearby university working on a project. I?ve got a cup of coffee here.

The downside, aside from our lack of success in catching Peterson, is that I?m working with Bilson. He?s sitting across from me, a book in front of him as he watches the door. I hate being paired with him. Unfortunately, I understand Muggle money better than him (Thank you, Hermione and Harry).

Working with Bilson reminds me of Draco. He thinks he?s better than everyone. His mother is rich; apparently, he?s a descendant of some important wizarding family in Austria. I?m not sure how he ended up here.

Once this assignment ends, Harry, Bilson and I have to present a report about the process, improvements and analysis. I?ve started taking notes, something Hermione would be shocked to hear. Not sure if I?ll tell her or not. Maybe I?ll save it for the next time I?m in trouble for something.

Speaking of being in trouble, Fleur went after George a couple weeks ago. George created some products that appeal to the younger crowd. Something he gave Victoire released some type of colored smoke. Fleur did not appreciate it, to put it mildly. I have to hand it to Fleur; she can scold George almost as well as Mum. I wouldn?t be surprised if she was attending lessons.

It doesn?t look like Peterson is showing up this morning. We?ve been here as long as possible without looking suspicious.

Signing off,
    Ron Weasley, Muggle in disguise

5. QueenArdnassak

QueenArdnassak Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 30, 2009
    [face_laugh] Poor Fleur!

On second thought, POOR GEORGE!:p

6. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    I have to hand it to Fleur; she can scold George almost as well as Mum. I wouldn?t be surprised if she was attending lessons.

[face_laugh]

I [face_love] Ron :D He's so funny--poor guy, working with Bilson :p

7. Katana_Sundancer

Katana_Sundancer Jedi Master star 4

Aug 13, 2009
    Oh wow.

You write Ron like JK would! You have such a grip on his personality, his quirks...

Fabulous, Master. Simply fabulous.

8. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    QueenArdnassak
    laugh Poor Fleur!
    On second thought, POOR GEORGE! tongue

Poor George, indeed. :p Thank you for reading!

NYCitygurl
    I have to hand it to Fleur; she can scold George almost as well as Mum. I wouldn?t be surprised if she was attending lessons.
    laugh
    I love Ron grin He's so funny--poor guy, working with Bilson tongue

[face_laugh] Poor Ron, indeed. Thank you!

Katana_Sundancer

Oh wow.
    You write Ron like JK would! You have such a grip on his personality, his quirks...
    Fabulous, Master. Simply fabulous.

[face_blush] Wow. Thank you very much, Katana! I certainly wish I could write a story like her.

9. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    Entry Six
    Peterson?s behind bars. We ambushed him three days ago at a Muggle pub. I can?t go into the details due to security reasons. Bilson and I caught him. Don?t tell a soul I said this, but Bilson is good with transfiguration. I still don?t like the man.

I get to go home in two hours. Bilson is talking with our supervisors now. I already had my private debriefing. They want the entire team to discuss the case.

When I arrived back at the Auror Department, I had a stack of mail waiting for me. Most of it was irrelevant, fan letters, requests to talk to Harry, that sort of thing. Sometimes when Harry and I are procrastinating we sit around and read the letters for the crazies. I mean people. They aren?t crazy. Nope, not at all.

Except the one that sent her hair. She?s crazy. She says she lives in Ireland and wants us to have many red-headed children together. According to her (her name is Mary), we?re destined to be together. Her cousins, Suzanna, is after Harry. Did I mention that we?ve never met before? Harry receives more crazy letters than I do. His are funnier. Or maybe they are funnier because George and I tend to bring them up in front of Ginny and the family. His face was redder than a tomato when George read the letter from a woman in Surrey who described in great detail what she wanted Harry for. Let?s just say she was a rather odd witch and leave it at that.

Once the meeting is over, I?m going home. Hermione is back from Spain and I?ve missed her. Don?t tell my brothers that. If they thought I missed my girlfriend, I?d never hear the end of it. Us and Harry are going to see Ginny play Quidditch tomorrow afternoon. Hermione has our tickets. Unfortunately, we?re staying overnight.

Hermione warned me in her letter that I better behave around Harry and Ginny or I was in for it. I?ll be nice, I promise.
    It?s easier to mess with Harry when my brothers are there to share the blame, anyways.

Signing off,
    Ron Weasley, target of crazy woman

10. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    [face_laugh] I love the crazy fans bit :D

11. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    How I'd love to take a look at those letters! [face_laugh]

12. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    NYCitygurl
    laugh I love the crazy fans bit grin
    Some of those Potter fans... [face_batting]
    Thank you for reading!

Hazel
    How I'd love to take a look at those letters! laugh
    Oh I bet they are quite interesting. :p
    Thanks for reading!

13. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    Entry Seven
    I spent the day taking care of Victoire. Mum was supposed to watch her, but she has a cold. I happened to stop by the Burrow when she called Bill. For the record, I was not there looking for food. Just because I knew Mum had leftover pot pie left is irrelevant. Anyway, I volunteered. Harry and I?s flat isn?t exactly baby-proof. I had about 20 minutes to secure one room in the flat. The living room is a mess of Quidditch equipment, Auror gear and various other items. Harry transfigured my bed into a box and I cleared out the rest of the debris. With all the gear Bill and Fleur brought, my bedroom resembled a daycare. I thought Fleur was going to change her mind about four times. Bill finally dragged her out the door.

Harry left about ten minutes later to see Teddy. He went to visit his godson three to four times a week. I knew better than to suggest he bring Teddy back here. While Andromeda trusted Harry, she was loath to allow her grandson out of her sight. It was understandable. Her husband and daughter were dead. Narcissa had begun sending her letters in an attempt to repair the relationship, but from what Harry told me, the damage was done.

Victoire and Teddy have fun together. She loved how his hair and face would change. Sometimes Andromeda would bring Teddy over to the Weasleys. I have a hunch that Mum visits her often.

After lunch, which ended up almost everywhere but in her mouth, she took a nap. It took me half an hour to clean up the mess. After she woke up from her nap, I had to change her. Now, even though I didn?t have the experience Bill had with babies, Mum made sure we all knew what to do. Needless to say, the process was completely quickly- as was the stink-repelling charm. It was much more successful than Harry?s many disastrous attempts with Teddy. It?s still a mystery how the clean diaper ended up stuck to the ceiling. Thank goodness Mum knew how to deal with it.

Victoire and I played with loud toys her mother doesn?t let her have. Hey, that?s what uncles are for. After a long afternoon, we crashed on the couch, Victoire curled up on my chest. I flipped on the television. (Thank you so much, Harry and Hermione, for introducing such a wonderful Muggle invention to the house and figuring out how to make it work.)
    Long story short, the two of us fell asleep. This was how Bill and Fleur found us. There?s no evidence, aside from word of mouth. I?d never live it down if my brothers, Ginny and Harry saw the picture. And don?t even think about telling Bilson about it!

I have no doubt that if Hermione hasn?t already heard about it, she will by the time she arrives home. Her reaction makes me nervous. I just hope Ginny doesn?t get any ideas!

Signing off,
    Ron Weasley, super uncle

14. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    Awww, Ron Weasley, super uncle is adorable. :)

Sorry I haven't been replying. I've been reading and enjoying every entry. Your Ron is perfect. :)

15. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    For the record, I was not there looking for food.

Now, why would we think that, Ron? :p

Uncle Ron is so, so cute! :*

16. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Ron is so cute!! I love him being an uncle [face_love] And he even volunteered to babysit; he wasn't coerced!

17. Katana_Sundancer

Katana_Sundancer Jedi Master star 4

Aug 13, 2009
    Nawwww...... [face_love] So sweet!

I love how you've got Ron being fairly competent with babies - so many fics depict him as totally clueless. Loved the contrast of Ron with Victoire vs Harry with Teddy - haha!

Poor Andromeda. Of course she's going to be so protective of her grandson. [:D] She lost her husband, her daughter and her son-in-law far too close together. No way she's taking chances with Teddy.

I love the image of Ron with baby Victoire curled up on his chest... Beautiful.

Well done, Master. It's lovely (and still so very Ron!)

18. QueenArdnassak

Mar 30, 2009
    [face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh] Ron is just like my uncle!

He was so sweet. I love it!

19. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    JediMara77
    Awww, Ron Weasley, super uncle is adorable. happy
    He really is. [face_love]

Sorry I haven't been replying. I've been reading and enjoying every entry. Your Ron is perfect. happy
    Glad you are enjoying it. Thank you!

Hazel
    For the record, I was not there looking for food.
    Now, why would we think that, Ron? tongue

Not because Molly is a great cook or anything. ;)

Uncle Ron is so, so cute! kiss
    *nods in agreement* Thank you for reading!

NYCitygurl

Ron is so cute!! I love him being an uncle love And he even volunteered to babysit; he wasn't coerced!
    He's a good uncle. Thanks for reading!

Katana_Sundancer
    Nawwww...... love So sweet!
    I love how you've got Ron being fairly competent with babies - so many fics depict him as totally clueless. Loved the contrast of Ron with Victoire vs Harry with Teddy - haha!

With such a strong family, it makes sense that he would know what he's doing.

Poor Andromeda. Of course she's going to be so protective of her grandson. hugs She lost her husband, her daughter and her son-in-law far too close together. No way she's taking chances with Teddy.
    :( It's so sad.

I love the image of Ron with baby Victoire curled up on his chest... Beautiful.
    Well done, Master. It's lovely (and still so very Ron!)

Disgustingly cute, isn't it? Thank you!

QueenArdnassak

laugh laugh laugh Ron is just like my uncle!
    He was so sweet. I love it!

Yup. :) Thank you!

20. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    Entry Eight
    I found out why Bill and Fleur needed a babysitter. They had an appointment at St. Mungo?s. Fleur is pregnant again. Mum is ecstatic.

Fleur invited us all over for Sunday brunch. She told us that her family was staying with her and Bill. Gabrielle appeared early to help Fleur and Bill prepare for the massive family gathering. Her relatives from France and ours all came to eat. It was about halfway through, accompanied by Mum?s sneezing, that the announcement was made. Mum swore that Fleur looked different. She said that her cold must have thrown off her ?baby sense.? No one dared argue with her.

The rest of the afternoon was spent in awkward socialization with Fleur?s Veela relatives. At least, awkward on my part. I swear, it?s not my fault. Their genetics make me stammer like an idiot. I finally quite fumbling around Fleur and Gabrielle. Those full-blooded Veela knock me on my butt.

I?ll start from the beginning. Charlie and I had a strict rule stating that we do not consume any type of alcohol around Veela. It only ends up badly when we do. The two of us stuck with teaching Teddy how to throw Quaffle. It was almost half his size and he tended to fall down when he threw it. He thought it was funny, though. Anyways, one of the Veela cousins, Antoinette, appeared, asking about the game. Whether she was trying or not, her Veela charms were full-force.

Antoinette asked Charlie was he did for a living. He said, ?I-um-I, uh work with dragons.?

She then said how fascinating the work was and asked if he had any scars or burns. Instead of backing up Charlie and making him sound great, I tried to one-up him with Hermione standing less than four meters away. Now, in my defense, there is no way I would do anything at all. I kept asking myself what I was doing. This is a combination of male stupidity and Veela genetics.

Well, I tried to make it sound like being an Auror training was greater than working with dragons. It came out like a bunch of blubbering.

This is just how amazing Hermione is. Instead of coming over and hexing me, she started laughing. She thought the whole thing was funny! I?d rather have her think I?m an idiot than something else. She let me have it when we arrived back at her flat, though. It wasn?t that bad. She just asked me what I was thinking and why I was doing it. She didn?t want to have the status of our relationship discussion, something I am grateful for. If you think I?m an idiot around Veelas, you should hear me during that conversation. One time I told Hermione that I thought she cleaned the potions cauldrons better than anyone else did. Stupid me thought it was a compliment. She took it as I liked that she can clean up after me, which wasn?t what I was thinking at all. See? I am a horrible conversationalist.

Which brings me back to brunch. After rushing away from the Veela, claiming Teddy needed to use the loo, I hid for the next 20 minutes from the rest of the family (except Hermione and Harry who, of course, followed me. This was also when I learned she was laughing).

According to Harry, I wasn?t actually flirting. I was just standing there talking about falling in the dirt, blowing up spiders and racing a dementor. Yeah, utter nonsense. It?s not as I was even trying to flirt. I meant to make Charlie sound great.

Antoinette and Charlie found us by the hedges opposite of Dobby?s grave. His stone still rests there. Fleur and Bill make sure it stays safe. Charlie was standing awfully close to her as she said that she was glad to see us again. The two then left.

I received a short note from Charlie saying Thanks, Ron.

Apparently I did something right.

Ron Weasley,
    Unusual matchmaker

21. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    Haha! Oh, Ron, you silly boy, you!

But good for Charlie, I guess. :)

22. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    [face_laugh]

Ron put his foot in his mouth!

23. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    [face_laugh] Ron's an idiot, but a hilarious one :D

24. QueenArdnassak

Mar 30, 2009
    Molly's 'baby sense?' [face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh]

25. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    JediMara77
    Haha! Oh, Ron, you silly boy, you!
    But good for Charlie, I guess. happy

The man needs some fun- aside from the whole dragon thing. :p Thanks for reading!

Hazel
    Ron put his foot in his mouth!
    Indeed. Thanks for reading!

NYCitygurl
    laugh Ron's an idiot, but a hilarious one grin
    He certainly has his moments. Thanks for reading!

QueenArdnassak
    Molly's 'baby sense?' laugh laugh laugh
    She has to have one. :p Thanks!