main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Harry Potter] The Reluctant Journal of Ron Weasley- 2011 Dear Diary Challenge Completed 12/21

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by FelsGoddess, Jan 1, 2011.

1. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    JediMara77
    oooh, a secret mission. Wonder what it is! mischief
    There are two...and both are quite fun. [face_mischief]

Hazel
    Ok: wedding + proposing to Hermione + model dragon that is being taken to George along with something else = intriguing mischief
    Ron is up to something quite amusing. :p

NYCitygurl

Secret mission, huh? Does it have anything to do with the aforementioned proposal? mischief
    I can't tell. :p

2. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    Entry Fourteen

Study schedules.

Hermione made Harry and I study schedules for our Auror exams next week. I?d ask how she knows exactly what we need to know, but it?d be pointless. She?s read through my books. She entered Harry and mine?s flat in a flurry of determination. We were sitting in the main room listening to the Cannons lose (quite unfairly, bad officiating is what it was) a match. She slammed the schedules on the nearby table and announced that we needed to get to it.

Harry started to protest, but Hermione was already prepared. She said that it was partially Ginny?s idea. Ginny didn?t want Harry to be stuck retaking his test the morning of the wedding.

I hadn?t thought of that.

Harry knew the argument was lost when Hermione mentioned Ginny?s involvement. He doesn?t want to upset Ginny. (See Bilson, Harry is the whipped one, not me.)

I thanked her for the schedule. I hoped that that was the end of it, but I knew better. Hermione pointed to the first square and told me to get started. She offered to quiz us over the proper procedure to take when apprehending a transformed werewolf and filling paperwork accompanying it. We agreed because if our time at Hogwarts taught us anything, it was that it was easier to agree with Hermione about this type of thing.

These exams are the first step in become full Auror?s. The second step is a skills test. I?m not worried about the skills test. It?s the first one that will cause me some trouble. After we pass these, we undergo strict in-field training. The class will be split into pairs. Each pair is assigned to an Auror for in-field training. We are supposed to assist with everything, from paperwork to investigation to apprehending wizards.

After Hermione finished quizzing us, I flipped the Quidditch match back on-

-only the hear Puddlemore?s Seeker Milligan catch the Snitch.

And Harry thought I was kidding when I suggested he try out to be their new Seeker.

Signing off,
    Ron Weasley, Dedicated Cannons fan

3. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    (See Bilson, Harry is the whipped one, not me.)

You're both whipped. :p

Haha, poor Ron. You should've known that Hermione would never stop trying to force you to study. :)

4. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Ginny didn?t want Harry to be stuck retaking his test the morning of the wedding.

[face_mischief]

Of course not, Ron :p

We agreed because if our time at Hogwarts taught us anything, it was that it was easier to agree with Hermione about this type of thing.

[face_laugh] So true.

5. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    [face_laugh] Well, if Harry decides not to stick to the study schedule and fails the exam, there's a nice back-up career :p

6. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    JediMara77
    You're both whipped. tongue

Oooh yeah.

Haha, poor Ron. You should've known that Hermione would never stop trying to force you to study. happy

Silly Ron. :p

Hazel

Ginny didn?t want Harry to be stuck retaking his test the morning of the wedding.
    mischief

Poor Harry. :p

Of course not, Ron tongue

He'll just have to keep telling himself that.

We agreed because if our time at Hogwarts taught us anything, it was that it was easier to agree with Hermione about this type of thing.
    laugh So true.

Only took them years to figure out. :p

NYCitygurl

laugh Well, if Harry decides not to stick to the study schedule and fails the exam, there's a nice back-up career tongue
    [face_laugh] True!

7. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    Thank you for the nominations! [:D]

[b]Entry Fifteen[/b]
    Chaos. Life is utter chaos.

We all thought that Mum went a little nuts for Bill?s wedding. Nothing could prepare us for the nuptials of her only daughter. With Ginny?s schedule, Mum took on most of the details. She?s delegated many tasks until the rest of us. Charlie is coming in early from Romania to help set up. We aren?t telling Mum that he?s actually coming for the afternoon on Saturday to work on our plan. If Mum- or Hermione and Ginny- find out what is going on, we?re in for it. When she found out that Harry and I have exams (in two days), she let us off the hook.

I never thought I?d be happy to have a test. Auror tests are less stressful then planning a wedding.

All of the WWW products are ready for the return to Hogwarts rush. George and I spent most of last night filling the shelves and arranging inventory. George has come up with a system to move the items from the stockroom to the shelves quickly. He set up a display in the front window at the Diagon Alley store featuring sugar quills, joke parchment, specialized ink and variety fake-injury multipacks. We still need to deal with Hogsmeade.

George hosts several special events at his shops. The biggest is held on April 1, in honor of Fred. George holds a large sale, introduces new products and causes general mayhem in both stores. The family suspects that it?s his way of coping with his birthday.

I have to turn in my journal before the test. I wish that passing meant that I didn?t need to keep this thing anymore.

I have about five more minutes before Hermione is supposed to be here for more studying. Not enough time to sleep.

Signing off,
    Ron Weasley, exhausted wizard

8. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    I never thought I?d be happy to have a test. Auror tests are less stressful then planning a wedding.

Somehow, I have no trouble believing that. :p

9. JediMara77

Mar 5, 2004

Yup. Pretty much. (Not that I've ever taken an auror test, but I'd rather take a regular test than plan another wedding!

The biggest is held on April 1, in honor of Fred. George holds a large sale, introduces new products and causes general mayhem in both stores. The family suspects that it?s his way of coping with his birthday.

:(

What is the big plan?!?

10. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Auror tests are less stressful then planning a wedding.

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] I can so see that :p

Poor George :(

11. QueenArdnassak

QueenArdnassak Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 30, 2009
    I've been lurking. I'm sorry. I'm a despicable person... [face_blush]

BUT PLEASE TELL ME WHAT'S GOING ON WITH THIS SECRET PLAN![face_praying]

12. PirateofRohan

PirateofRohan Jedi Master star 3

Dec 11, 2009
    Absolutely brilliant. How did I not see this sooner?

13. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    Hazel
    Somehow, I have no trouble believing that. tongue
    Yep. :p

JediMara77
    Yup. Pretty much. (Not that I've ever taken an auror test, but I'd rather take a regular test than plan another wedding!

No doubt there!

What is the big plan?!?
    It's coming. :D

NYCitygurl
    laugh laugh I can so see that tongue
    Planning a wedding...it doesn't matter how much you plan ahead, it's still going to be stressful.

Poor George sad

Yeah.

QueenArdnassak
    I've been lurking. I'm sorry. I'm a despicable person... blush
    BUT PLEASE TELL ME WHAT'S GOING ON WITH THIS SECRET PLAN! praying

[face_whistling] It's coming soon.

PirateofRohan
    Absolutely brilliant. How did I not see this sooner?
    Thank you!

14. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    Thank you all so much for the nominations and voting this journal Best Humor, Best All-Around and Best Canon Interpretation, Male . @};-

[b]Entry Sixteen[/b]

I turned in the first 15 entries of this blasted thing, only to be told that I need to continue writing. This exercise must be how the Aurors stay entertained. Bad encounter with a boggart? Let's read how a dragon beat Ron Weasely. Dark wizard got you down? Check out the trainee lamenting about his lack of a girlfriend and how he feels inferior to Ron Weasley (a fair judgment of what is in Bilson's journal, I think).

The good news is that I passed my tests. Harry did better on the hands-on than I did, but fighting Voldemort makes you pretty good at defensive spells. That's his specialty, according to the Aurors. My strengths lie in strategy and teamwork. Making sure everyone is out first makes me a good team player, I guess.

The written test went well. Both Harry and I passed. Thank you, Hermione. It reminded me of the O.W.L.S.

I received an owl this morning saying that in-field training begins Sept. 9. I have some time off, which means I will be at WWW. The shop is almost ready for the Hogwarts back-to-school event. George has quite a demonstration planned for this year. He won?t be doing the firework display he usually does. I?m not sure exactly what he is doing. I won?t be able to help George as much during the in-field training program or spend as much time with Hermione. It?s going to be even worse for Harry and Ginny, what with being newlyweds and all. And no, I?m not blessing the wedding.
    I find out my partner later. I?m not going to jinx myself by saying whom I want and don?t want.

The wedding is in one week. Ginny still wants to go through with it, for some reason. Tonight Charlie, George and I have a surprise for Mr. Potter. Bill and Percy will also be present for the evening.

I can't wait.

Signing off,
    Ron Weasley, Auror-verified mastermind

15. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    STAG PARTY!! :D

I hope he does get Harry as a partner, but I have a feeling it'll be Bilson . . . :p

16. Book-Geek

Book-Geek Jedi Knight star 3

May 28, 2011

[face_laugh] Ron really does not like Bilson!

I'm eager to see what the Weasly boys plan to "surprise" Harry with...

17. JediMara77

Mar 5, 2004
    The wedding is in one week. Ginny still wants to go through with it, for some reason. Tonight Charlie, George and I have a surprise for Mr. Potter. Bill and Percy will also be present for the evening.

Uh-oh. Run Harry, run!!!!

18. PirateofRohan

PirateofRohan Jedi Master star 3

Dec 11, 2009
    Harry, this is the part where you run as fast as you can. Or not. But really, five Weasley brothers is nothing to sneeze at. Even if one of them is Percy. I still don't think Percy counts as a bloke. Maybe a House-Elf.

19. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Yeah, Harry might do well to run from the Weasley brothers. [face_laugh]

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

20. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    NYCitygurl
    STAG PARTY!!
    I hope he does get Harry as a partner, but I have a feeling it'll be Bilson . . .

Maybe. :p

Book-Geek
    Ron really does not like Bilson!
    No he doesn't.

I'm eager to see what the Weasly boys plan to "surprise" Harry with...
    Here it comes!

JediMara77
    Uh-oh. Run Harry, run!!!!
    He should. :p

PirateofRohan
    Harry, this is the part where you run as fast as you can. Or not. But really, five Weasley brothers is nothing to sneeze at. Even if one of them is Percy. I still don't think Percy counts as a bloke. Maybe a House-Elf.
    [face_laugh]

Hazel
    Yeah, Harry might do well to run from the Weasley brothers.
    Probably. :p

21. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    Entry Seventeen
    Good morning?er, well afternoon.

When I finally emerged from my room, I found George, Charlie and Percy asleep on the living room floor and Bill on the couch. I had to wonder what bet Bill had won to earn the spot on the couch. It looked like they had found enough blankets. Percy had a half-transfigured box under his head. Part of it was a pillow. I?m impressed he mastered that. Transfiguration is hard to do when drunk.

My brothers and I took Harry out last night. Charlie, George and I have been planning this excursion for a while.

First thing in the morning, a small box arrived for Harry. Harry opened it and pulled out a wooden container. He lifted the lid and found a tiny moving model of a Chinese Fireball dragon. There was no note or anything.

I feigned innocence. It was driving him crazy. It was fantastic.

At five, Charlie and Bill arrived. The four of us then went to the tavern down the road where Percy and George were waiting with the portkey. We took it to Romania-right next to a Chinese Fireball?s pen.

For the next couple of hours, Harry learned the fine art of dealing with a dragon. Yes, he?s done it before, but this time there was no broom. While Charlie and Harry worked, the rest of us watched in amusement. We all knew that Charlie wouldn?t let anything happen to Harry, save a couple of bumps and burns.

Well he IS marrying our sister.

Right, so after the dragon taming, we returned to London. We went to the Leaky Cauldron for dinner and drinks. It was hours before we made it back to our flat.

As I was the first one awake and moving, I had first dibs on the hangover potion. Poor Harry and George missed out.

Don?t give me that look. It?s not as if I took pictures of Harry standing on the tables at the Leaky Cauldron singing about dragons, dementors and Ginny while wearing a paper crown.

Percy took care of that.

Signing off,
    Ron Weasley, Best Man Extraordinaire

22. Book-Geek

Book-Geek Jedi Knight star 3

May 28, 2011

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] I knew there was a inner-mischief maker in Percy! Looks like he's related to Fred and George after all! It's very fun entertaining a vision of the Weasley boys and Harry passed out in the living room of Harry and Ron's flat.

23. JediMara77

Mar 5, 2004
    HAHAHA! Go, Percy!!! [face_laugh]

24. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    So, Percy IS related to the other Weasleys after all. [face_laugh]

Taming dragons on a bachelor party? That's a first. :p

25. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002