main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Harry Potter] The Reluctant Journal of Ron Weasley- 2011 Dear Diary Challenge Completed 12/21

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by FelsGoddess, Jan 1, 2011.

1. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    Hazel
    Glad to hear it went well.
    Thanks for reading!

Book-Geek
    Poor Ron! He sounds like he's about to pass out from exhaustion! He needs a hug! Here you go Ron:
    Yep he does. Thanks!

NYCitygurl
    Aww, poor Ron
    He needs a nap. :p

2. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    Entry Twenty-two
    Hermione and I spent this weekend moving Harry and Ginny out of their flats and into Grimmauld Place. Once word got out that Harry needed to fix up the old house, dozens of wizards offered to help. Harry was able to find the help he needed to turn it into a nice place to live?with a room for Teddy. It took the entire weekend to move them, even with magic. Harry accumulated a lot of stuff over the past couple years. Ginny and he went through it all. There were countless trinkets people had sent Harry in thanks for what he?d done.

After Harry and Ginny were settled, Hermione and I came back to my flat. It seems silly for us to rent our own flats now. Ginny mentioned it to us earlier today, but Hermione brushed it off. I?m not worried about it. There?s no reason to rush.
    The Auror Department wants to see our journals in a few weeks. The entries will be analyzed. I guess they are looking to see how we?re dealing with the training. I?m still convinced it?s for their entertainment. The Aurors need something to do during down time.

Aurors don?t spend every waking moment hunting down dark wizards. There?s a lot of paperwork and research involved. Some Aurors specialize in certain fields, like research or interrogation. I?m not one for interrogation. I?m better at the planning stages. Anne said that she?d like me to participate in and observe more mission planning sessions.
    It won?t be long before I?m a full-fledged Auror. Anne predicts graduation in December or January. The final tests take place in November?if she thinks I?m ready.

Next week, George, Charlie and I are dragging Bill out for the evening. He needs to get away for a couple of hours. More accurately, Fleur needs Bill to calm down. He?s stressing out about her pregnancy. He?s worried about money, something we all understand. Fleur asked Charlie to come home for a weekend to deal with Bill. Percy is going to try to make it. He tries to attend all of our outings whether he wants to go or not.

The night is all planned out. We?re taking Bill to the new pub in Diagon Alley, The Quidditch Pitch. It?s wall to wall Quidditch. Harry and I went there a couple of days ago. We didn?t intend to stay long, but once everyone found out Ginny?well?a bit of an argument started between Harry and the brother-in-law of the Seeker (Maxine Miller) Ginny knocked off her broom during last years? finals. Not to go into detail, but good thing no one would ban Harry Potter.

Hermione and Ginny aren?t to find out about that event. Ever. I?m not sure who will be more angry.

Let?s just keep this between the two of us, okay?

Good.

Signing off,
    Ron Weasley, Not so innocent bystander

3. JediMara77

JediMara77 Force Ghost star 4

Mar 5, 2004
    Ooops, I thought I'd posted on the last entry. D'oh!

Oh Harry, getting into a fight over Ginny? Yeah, you really are married now.

Way to go, Ron! He's all mature and stuff, becoming a real Auror.

4. Book-Geek

Book-Geek Jedi Knight star 3

May 28, 2011
    The Quidditch Pitch sounds like a fun place to be! You know, when Harry isn't in the middle of a bar-fight (Pub-fight?:confused: )

Poor, poor Bill. He does indeed need a night out with the boys.

And I always thought that Harry and Ginny would move into Grimmauld Place!

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

5. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    JediMara77
    Oh Harry, getting into a fight over Ginny? Yeah, you really are married now.
    Indeed, though no doubt her brothers would be in it, too.

Way to go, Ron! He's all mature and stuff, becoming a real Auror.

Yep, he's getting there! :)

Book-Geek
    The Quidditch Pitch sounds like a fun place to be! You know, when Harry isn't in the middle of a bar-fight (Pub-fight? confused )

Definitely.

At least he can admit it--kind of. :p

6. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    Entry Twenty-three

Auror Pauline Scott was killed last night. Three Dark Wizards attacked her outside of her daughter's home in Surrey. We don?t know what they wanted or why they were there. We're not sure who the target was, Pauline or her daughter and her family. Pauline?s daughter Mavis works in the Ministry for the Department of Muggle Artifacts. This morning, Harry, Bilson's and I helped move Pauline's family out of the area. Anne said that they might need a secret keeper. This made Harry nervous. An Auror high in the department will do it if necessary, according to Anne.

We've spent the day combing the neighborhood but found nothing. I can't believe it's a random act of violence. There was no Dark Mark, something that the few Voldemort supporters still around use whenever they?re up to something. It?s as if they don?t want us to forget about him. Like we ever could.

Harry, Bilson and I were told today that here were notes of potential attacks by Dark Wizards. The notes showed up in what we took from the raid. No one wants another war. Everyone available is going out to find these Dark Wizards and stop them. Harry, Bilson and I heading out with Anne in two days to check somewhere in France where a group of Dark Wizards are supposedly living.

Tonight Hermione and I are having dinner with my parents and whoever else walks in to eat. Percy will be there, no doubt. Maybe George. His Halloween items are a hit so he may not make it out of the store. I?d be there too if I weren?t set to hunt down Dark Wizards. Not that he has to worry about missing a home cooked meal. Mum will stop by with food. Sh?s always sending food to all of us. Mum is having a Halloween party tomorrow night, but Hermione and I can't make it.

Wonder if she made her spiced apple cider a day early?

I wonder if Percy?s black eye is gone?

I bet you?re thinking there was a fight at the bar the other night. Nope, this was a flying accident. You see, after a few drinks, us Weasleys, Harry and some random people from the pub thought it?d be a great idea to play Quidditch so we high-tailed it over to a field (we weren?t flying drunk), transfigured some goals and went to it. The problem was that Percy is not very good. He usually plays the other Beater. George is so good that he kind of makes up for Percy.
    It seems Percy decided that he needed to help us win the match in another way. He was racing after the other team?s Seeker, per George?s instructions, when he jerked to the left. The Seeker?s elbow went into his eye and they both almost fell off their brooms. The other guy was fine.

George told Percy the next morning when he came over to help with accounting that he should keep the black eye. It gave him something ?to get in with woman.? Percy sputtered a bit, something about Audrey (on and off again girlfriend) and left it at that. He tried to, anyway. George pointed out that the two of them had physical deformities (even if Percy?s was temporary) and therefore should work together as a team. It was really weird to hear him refer to Percy as his teammate for this kind of thing, but I suppose it?s a good sign for George. I don?t think I?ll ever get used to it and I?m not sure that I want to. That remark probably gained me a potential psych evaluation with the Auror?s next time they check this stupid thing.

Speaking of that, I don?t have to turn this in again for a while, what with the whole Dark Wizards thing.

Oh, and we won the Quidditch game. That last goal didn?t count. Harry?d already caught the Snitch. So it was the last second. It counts for us.

Signing off,
    Ron Weasley, Dark Wizard Hunter

7. Book-Geek

May 28, 2011
    Poor black-eyed Percy. It doesn't surprise me that he got hurt playing Quidditch.

So, what are Ron and Hermione going to be doing on Halloween night that they can't go to the Weasley's party? [face_thinking]

I feel bad for the family of the Auror who died.:_| I hope they find the Dark Wizard who killed her.

8. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    [face_laugh] Why am I not surprised that Percy's like the only Weasley who sucks at Quidditch? :p The end bit with George and Percy was sweet and heartbreaking [:D]

Are you going to keep the diary going into next year?

9. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Percy is such a clumsy Weasley. [face_laugh]

10. JediMara77

Mar 5, 2004
    Those dark wizards never know when to quit. :(

11. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    Book-Geek
    Poor black-eyed Percy. It doesn't surprise me that he got hurt playing Quidditch.
    Poor Percy. :p

So, what are Ron and Hermione going to be doing on Halloween night that they can't go to the Weasley's party?
    You'll see.

I feel bad for the family of the Auror who died. I hope they find the Dark Wizard who killed her.
    Hopefully. :(

NYCitygurl
    Why am I not surprised that Percy's like the only Weasley who sucks at Quidditch? The end bit with George and Percy was sweet and heartbreaking
    It fits. :p Yeah, that was sad.

Are you going to keep the diary going into next year?
    I haven't decided yet. With what would follow the last post, there are several moments for comedy.

Hazel
    Percy is such a clumsy Weasley.
    Poor Percy.

JediMara77
    Those dark wizards never know when to quit.
    No, they don't. :(

12. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    Well, here it is, the final entry. Thank you all for your continued support and for reading. [:D]

[B]Entry Twenty-four[/B]
    I?m leaving for France in three hours. I have no idea how long I?ll be gone. Hermione is sleeping next to me. We stayed at my place tonight. That way, I wouldn?t have to drag my stuff over to her place and then back out again. I also hadn?t finished packing.

I proposed to Hermione tonight. I know that I promised myself I wouldn?t do it until I?d been an Auror for a while and could give us a proper home, but it feels right. I?m not sure when I knew it. It was a few months ago. It wasn?t seeing how happy Ginny and Harry are. It was something a realization I had to make on my own. The only people who knew about it were Harry and George. Harry because well, it?s Harry and George because I needed his help. I didn?t want to hear ideas on how to propose. Hermione needed to see that it was completely my idea.
    I took Hermione out to dinner. After we ate, we walked around Diagon Alley to look at the Halloween decorations. We stopped at a couple of stands. Finally, we came back here. I brought out a couple warm mugs of Mum?s spiced apple cider and a tray of cookies she?d sent home with me last night.

I handing Hermione a wrapped book. She asked me why and I told her it was an anniversary gift.

Warning: Do not tell a living soul I said this. Especially not George.

Halloween is the anniversary of the day that I realized that Hermione was important to me. During First Year, a troll was let into the school by a professor (long story). I?d said something rather?well awful about Hermione. She heard it and hid in the bathroom. I was absolutely terrified when I saw Hermione with the troll. I didn?t understand it then, but I do now. I wanted to propose on a day that was important. I thought about doing it on September 1, but it wasn?t the right time. Halloween seemed to fit.

Hermione unwrapped the book. It was Hogwarts, A History. It wasn?t a new copy. I?d dug out my old copy and had George modify it. Hermione opened the front cover and gasped. She stared for a few moments. I wasn?t sure if she was happy, in shock or going to tell me off for what I?d done to the book. I?d had George make a hole in the book pages. The ring set in the hole. It was a gold band with a diamond in the center. A small emerald sat on either side of the diamond.

Hermione finally spoke, asking me if it was what she thought it was. I confirmed it as she pulled out the ring. The hole then disappeared and the book looked as it normally would.

See, I didn?t destroy a book.

Fighting in the war taught me more than I can recall about the dark arts. Training as an Auror has taught me how to use those skills in a more logical fashion.
    I hate to admit it, but keeping this journal was a good idea. It helps me keep tabs on what has happened. It?s far too easy to push it all aside and not deal with it. That type of thing creeps up you later on. I don?t want that to happen.

That?s off the record, by the way.

I don?t know if I?ll be an Auror for the rest of my life. I could see going into the joke shop full-time years down the road. All I know is that proposing to Hermione was the right thing to do tonight.

Signing off,
    Ron Weasley, journal writer

P.S. Hermione said yes.

[B]The End[/B]

13. JediMara77

Mar 5, 2004
    Aww, that was great! Having him propose on Halloween was a great touch. It's the day Harry's parents died, but now it will have a much nicer meaning. And the proposal was great. I can imagine Hermione being mad that Ron ruined a book. But he didn't! [face_laugh]

This was a very fun diary and a great continuation of the HP series. Great job! [:D]

14. Book-Geek

May 28, 2011
    Halloween is the anniversary of the day that I realized that Hermione was important to me. During First Year, a troll was let into the school by a professor (long story). I?d said something rather?well awful about Hermione. She heard it and hid in the bathroom. I was absolutely terrified when I saw Hermione with the troll. I didn?t understand it then, but I do now. I wanted to propose on a day that was important. I thought about doing it on September 1, but it wasn?t the right time. Halloween seemed to fit.

Fangirl freaking out here! *screams and waves arms and jumps up and down excitedly* Oh my gosh, that was so heart-meltingly sweet!!!![face_love]

AND SHE SAID YES!!!!![face_dancing]

But now I am sad at seeing the word "Completed" in the subject line. :_| It was a wonderful read and it's heartbreaking to see it go. Congrats on completeing the challenge![:D]

15. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    This was truly a great ride and a lot of fun. :)

Loved the proposal. [face_love]

16. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Aww, so sweet! A perfect way to end [face_love]

Though I'm sad to see it go! Please write more HP in the future; you're brilliant at it :D

17. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    JediMara77
    Aww, that was great! Having him propose on Halloween was a great touch. It's the day Harry's parents died, but now it will have a much nicer meaning. And the proposal was great. I can imagine Hermione being mad that Ron ruined a book. But he didn't! laugh
    I was going for significant but not obviously so.

This was a very fun diary and a great continuation of the HP series. Great job! hugs

[:D] Thank you very much!

Book-Geek

Fangirl freaking out here! *screams and waves arms and jumps up and down excitedly* Oh my gosh, that was so heart-meltingly sweet!!!! love
    AND SHE SAID YES!!!!! dancing

:D

But now I am sad at seeing the word "Completed" in the subject line. cry It was a wonderful read and it's heartbreaking to see it go. Congrats on completeing the challenge! hugs

Thank you so much! [:D]

Hazel
    This was truly a great ride and a lot of fun. happy
    Loved the proposal. love

Glad you enjoyed it. :) Thought it was more appropriate than the whole down on one knee thing. Thanks!

NYCitygurl

Aww, so sweet! A perfect way to end love
    Though I'm sad to see it go! Please write more HP in the future; you're brilliant at it grin

It was all building up to the proposal. Thank you very much! I hope to.