main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Harry Potter] "The Sound of Magic" - 50 sentences challenge

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by Mar17swgirl, Nov 23, 2011.

1. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    Title: The Sound of Magic
    Author: Mar17swgirl
    Fandom: Harry Potter
    Genre: various
    Characters: various
    Notes: This was a part of the JC Hogwarts House Cup game literary tasks. Enjoy! :)

The Sound of Magic

01. Melody
    There was nothing left existing in the world except for the beautiful, calming melody, lulling them into a peaceful and relaxed state ? until Ginny snapped the lid of the music box shut and they all woke up.

02. Serenade
    Molly would never forget the first time Arthur turned up under her window, with a bouquet of roses and a small wireless out of which poured Molly's favourite Celestina Warbeck song.

03. Cadence
    She fired spell after spell at an incredible speed at her blood-traitor cousin; and despite his laughter and taunts she knew he couldn't keep up forever...

04. Harmony
    "My name is Hermione, Viktor... no, not Herm-own-ninny ? Her-my-own-ee... no, it's not Harmony either, it's... oh, I give up."

05. Adagio
    The June sun shone through the leaves of the beech tree, as they lay beneath it, hand in hand, and Ginny's exams were over, and they had all the time in the world...

06. Crescendo
    "Fred, George, I want you to clean that mess this instant, and WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU NEED TO PUT GINNY'S EYEBROWS BACK FIRST???"

07. Allegro
    Harry and Ron ran down the hallway, hoping against hope that this was the right way to their Transfiguration ? Professor McGonagall surely wouldn't be forgiving if they were late for her lesson again.

08. Legato
    "No, Ron, you're doing it all wrong ? look, it's supposed to be a smooth wave of the wand, like this, not a sharp jerk."

09. Sharp
    He didn't even finish the curse when Potter's spell struck him like a dozen icy knives, burning deep gashes all over his body, and he felt his blood flowing out in hot streams.

10. Flat
    Harry frantically searched Half-Blood Prince's potions book for a counter-spell, while Ron silently glared at him, resembling an elongated ginger pancake.

11. Bar
    When Sirius Black unknowingly turned the Gryffindor common room armchair into a fully stocked bar, it was universally hailed as the Best Accidental Transfiguration Ever ? until Professor McGonagall arrived and stopped the party before it even started with a wave of her wand.

12. Tempo
    He delighted in the incredible speed of his new Firebolt, as the wind whistled in his ears and the surrounding countryside blurred into blue-green brush strokes.

13. Range
    By the time the train arrived in Hogsmeade, Teddy Lupin had gone through his whole repertoire of funny faces and was quickly becoming the most popular first-year before he was even Sorted.

14. Aria
    The Death Eaters stood silently in their circle, as Voldemort recounted how his masterful plan for resurrection came to fruition.

15. Diva
    Rita Skeeter flashed her widest smiles at the crowd that turned up for the signing of her book, "The Life and Lies of Albus Dumbledore" ? Lockhart was right, it was an amazing thing, being in the spotlight.

16. Vivace
    They ran down the darkened main street of Hogsmeade ? the stag, the dog, the werewolf and the rat, howling and snorting and squeaking with animal laughter ? they were young and careless and could do anything in the world.

17. Performance
    He stood before the Dark Lord calm and composed; he knew the questions he would be asked, and he had the answers ready.

18. Solo
    He missed them already; and the memory of his betrayal weighed heavily on Ron's conscience as he wandered through the woods on his own.

19. Duet
    It was clear to Molly, right from the beginning, that the twins would do everything together ? they seemed to synchronise even their crying, their wails were always a duet.

20. Timbre
    There was something different about James Potter, Lily realised as she began her seventh year at Hogwarts; he acted differently, he spoke differently ? and suddenly she couldn't hate him as she used to.

21. Resonance
    His footsteps echoed a

2. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    Oh, these are excellent. =D= (And you sure did good with a tricky set of prompts, to boot. :D)

A few particulars that stood out to me:

Harmony: Very clever use of the prompt. And hilarious to boot. :p

Crescendo: Oh dear lord, but I could not stop giggling at that one. Sibling shenanigans at their finest. :p

Ballet: *snorts* Isn't that the truth . . .

Ostinato: Great way to use a tricky prompt. =D=

Finale: And my favorite of the set - a great way to cap them off. :)

=D=

~MJ @};-

3. Book-Geek

Book-Geek Jedi Knight star 3

May 28, 2011
    Those were all wonderful! =D= But I have to say, Crescendo was probably my favorite!