main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Harry Potter] The Witch Who Kept his Heart (H/H, R/H, one-post, AU)

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by Sara_Kenobi, Sep 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    Title: The Witch Who Kept his Heart

Summary: Ron can't bare to admit to Hermione his feelings, once and for all. He then loses everything he loves in turn.

Notes: One-shot. R/H. H/H.

Author: Sara Kenobi

Disclaimer: JK Rowling owns it all.

How can I convince her?

We've stepped around our ... true feelings... for so long. I hadn't meant too. I honestly hadn't meant to lead us down this road. I pictured us married now with a couple of kids at this point in our lives. That simple idea seemed to not be enough. She wanted to know... my feelings first. My ... true feelings for her. I had only been seventeen then. I hadn't a blimey clue what she had been going on about.

We were together. We loved each other. Our friends even wanted to know when the wedding was going to be after graduation. I pictured us so happy together. I had always known she'd been the only girl for me.

But then she had to ask me.. my feelings. Why did I want to marry her then? We're only kids, Ron. Hermione had said. I'm not ready to start having my own yet.

I took it wrong. I always took everything wrong. I thought she had been telling me it was over between us. She didn't want to marry me. Why should we still stay together then if it wouldn't lead to marriage?

Hermione had still waited for an answer from me. At the end of the last school year she said she was still waiting. I let her get on the train. My pride couldn't allow me to admit that I loved her aloud. It never could. It was all she had been asking for, and dammit, I couldn't say anything at all.

How it had hurt to see her cry that day. I wanted to hold her. I wanted to tell her, and scream my love to the skies for her that day. If anything to let her know to wait for me. Not to fall in love with someone else while she was in university. I'd marry her when she was ready. We didn't have to marry when we turned eighteen. Just like she wanted...

It was the next year that I got a letter from her. It turned out that Harry had switched schools before the new term. They were attending university together. Both would apply to the ministry when they graduated. They invited him to do the same. Then they all could be together again. Just like at Hogwarts.

But it wouldn't be just like back then.

Hermione wouldn't be in love with him. She would be in love with his other best friend, instead.

The wedding was set for two years from now. At Christmas. They hoped to be married at Hogwarts, after Harry started his term as the new Quidditch Instructor, and Hermione took the position as the new Potions Professor.

Life just wasn't fair. It never was to Ron.

2. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Aww, poor guy.

3. Tooqui_The_Jedi

Tooqui_The_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 10, 2003
    wow, Harry Potter RP, now that i can get into to....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.