main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion [Harry Potter] The Wizarding World- We solemnly swear we're up to no good!

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by LilyHobbitJedi, Aug 11, 2008.

1. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Too much green in here. [face_laugh]

Though I'm always glad to have new blood in our forum! :D

2. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    Oi, nothing wrong with green. :p Everyone's going green these days to save the planet and all that... :p ;) Anyway, Nat would say that it's better than the alternative: Solar Power. :cool:

And I do believe I don't qualify as "new blood", I've been around... the NSWFF block... a few times... a while back... and in no consistent way... :p [face_laugh]

;)

Love you, Mi. [:D]

3. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
  4. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    When did you first discover HP?

It must have been after book three. My sister had them and I borrowed them, reading the first two in three days. That kind of got me hooked but I didn't own my own copies until the fifth book came out. My dad had accidentally gotten the adult edition and not the children's edition, I ended up with that copy and my dad just bought another one, then I got the first ones as a set for Christmas.

Have you written HP fanfic?

No, not yet. I might do though, but I'd like to read the books again and see all the films in one go so it'll probably be a few years yet.

Who is your favorite character?

I want to say Snape because he's hawt on the films. Also, Madame Hooch is rather nice. [face_blush]

What are your favorite 'ships'?

I don't really have one.

Have you ever been to a midnight release party?

Nope, I was never able to do that. If I could have gone to one then I probably would have.

Now that the series is over, what are you happy about or regret about the conclusion?

I don't like that a lot of my favourite characters died, that was kinda sucky.

5. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Not only that, but as I am a former Slytherin, the green is my style :p

moose, you totally should write some!!

6. Jedi-Ant

Jedi-Ant Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 3, 2007
    When did you first discover HP?

After POA was released at the cinema. I saw the film with my husband and became so hooked on the series that the very next day I went out and bought all the books (1-5) and devoured them over the following weeks. It didn't take me long to read through them all and go straight back into the bookstore to pre-order my copy of HBP - 9 months before it was due for release. :p I was as big an addict as anyone at that point, and I still am today.

Yes, though only very recently (for the Feb/March 2010 JC House Cup). I've been an avid reader of HP fanfiction since getting hooked on the series, and while I've tried over the years to write my own, I've never been able to quite pull it off or get anything finished. Thanks to the HC this year, I'm now very much a HP fanficcer! :D [face_dancing]

Who is your favorite character?

Draco Malfoy. He's been my favourite from the very beginning - I love the depth to his character, the kind of anti-hero portrayal in HBP and DH. I also seem to have a penchant for the bad characters. They're almost always my favourites.

R/H or H/OC. I'm not really a big HP 'shipper as such. I'm more in it for the rest of the story, rather than the romance side. And I've never been a fan of H/G.

No, but I've always wanted to! None of my friends are cool enough to go with me. 8-}

Now that the series is over, what are you happy about or regret about the conclusion?

I'm happy the Malfoys somewhat redeemed themselves. I would have been mighty disappointed if they hadn't in some way.

7. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    I have a quick question, where does one start with a fic? I want to write something but I'm not sure when to set it. I'd probably go for OCs as I tend not to do well with canon cast.

8. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    You mean like where does the idea come from or how you start writing?

9. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    I mean like the age of the character. Do you go for a new student in their first year at Hogwarts and right at the beginning of the year, or do you start in the middle of the year, either the first year or a later year? Is it before Harry joins, or is Harry there, or is it set after the books?

10. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Oh, okay. Well, I've never written HP OCs, but the best I can say is it's up to you - what feels right with the story you want to tell?

11. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    When did you first discover HP? Fall 2006. My husband (then boyfriend) kept talking about them. I decided to read them so I had a clue of what he was talking about. It was college football season and I needed something to do. I was living in Florida at the time, so I took the first one to the beach and read it there.

Yes, a few. I mainly do one-shots, but I've started two longer ones.

Who is your favorite character? To write? Ron. To read, Ron, Hermione, McGonagall, Harry, Lupin, Bellatrix, Weasleys

R/Hr, Harry and Luna, though I've always seen Harry as a bit of a loner

I waited around at the mall for Deathly Hallows, but I wasn't involved in the party.

Now that the series is over, what are you happy about or regret about the conclusion? I thought killing off both Lupin and Tonks was unnecessary. One, sure, but both? Nah. The worst part? Albus Severus. I mean really. That's just mean. Plus, did Ginny get a say at all? I just irks me when authors rename kids after every single dead friend or relative. Could have done without the Epilogue. I thought the final battle was done well.

12. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    I noticed something really funny while watching Goblet of Fire the other day. Just after the first lesson with Moody you can hear someone in the background saying 'I've got Professor Lupin next'. :D

13. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    [face_laugh] Really? I'll have to look that up.

14. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    [face_laugh] Oops :p Nice catch, though! I never notice things like that 8-}

And while I'm here :p For Harry Potter fans who like writing, the JC House Cup is looking for players (especially in Hufflepuff and Gryffindor, though all the houses are still open). It's a really, really fun game, and there's a lot of writing involved. It's perfect for NSWFF HP fans :)

15. Todca_Muoak

Todca_Muoak Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 10, 2010
    When I saw the first movie I was hooked.

Nope, not much of a fanfic person.

Not sure what you mean by ships...

Yep, for Order of Phoenix.

I am happy, I just hope that someone picks up the books after the end of DH, I want to know if they go back and do the 7th year and all that jazz.

16. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    "Ship" is short for "relationship." So if you like Harry and Hermione as a couple, you 'ship Harry/Hermione (or H/H for short) - the dash signifies "as a couple" in stories.

17. Salacious_Drabb

Salacious_Drabb Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 24, 2007
    Slash. Slash signifies romance. A dash would signify a race.

I want to start writing Willow/whoever romances just so the group name could be "Treehuggers."

18. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    :oops: That's what I meant, a slash. This thing: /

19. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    [face_laugh]

20. darksideyesplease

darksideyesplease Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2005
    Does anyone else yell Kill the Spare when Edward comes on screen during Twilight films?

21. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    [face_laugh]

If I ever get dragged - kicking and screaming - to another Twilight film, I will do so very, very loudly. ;)

22. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    He speaks the truth. He really does do that. :p

23. darksideyesplease

Feb 12, 2005
    Such a handsome boy... (foot on your face)

24. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    Sparkling face, meet Voldemort's foot. :p

25. darksideyesplease

Feb 12, 2005
    Cho Chang vs. Bella Swan

Who's more whiny?