main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion [Harry Potter] The Wizarding World- We solemnly swear we're up to no good!

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by LilyHobbitJedi, Aug 11, 2008.

1. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    With Bellatrix, I always got the impression that was she one of the good little Black daughters. She married a Pureblood, followed Voldemort, ect. Her marriage fits that reasoning.

Yeah, Voldemort is pretty simple. Has Daddy issues that lead to muggle hating. Doesn't want to die. That whole bit.

2. darksideyesplease

darksideyesplease Jedi Master star 4

Feb 12, 2005
    I think though what we have to remember about Voldemort is that he was always cunning and self absorbed but perhaps he had more feelings when his soul wasn't torn up so much.

Dumbledore says that he is so very evil now because of what he has done to himself.

So with each horcrux he became less human like and thus, had less positive emotion towards anyone else (still probably never had very much but enough for it to dwindle)

3. LilyHobbitJedi

LilyHobbitJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 29, 2005
    So is anyone dressing up as a HP character for Halloween?

4. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    I was going to just wear my Ravenclaw robes, but then I decided to make a Jurassic Park park ranger and that idea was SO MUCH COOLER. :D

5. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    Maybe, maybe not. I haven't fully decided yet. If I do, I'll probably go as Tonks, just so I can dye my hair pink... :p

6. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    I'm not sure. It depends on what's going on for Halloween. I've got a Bellatrix costume I may wear.

7. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    A lot of it is that DH Part 1 comes out right after Halloween, so I'm going to get to wear that costume anyway.

8. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Halloween is reserved for Doctor Who, but for my birthday party (HP-themed and going to the midnight showing of DH1), I'm going to be reprising my Bellatrix Lestrange.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  9. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Guys - those are some awesome Halloween costume ideas!! (Unfortunately, I'm not.)

10. Master_Jaina1011

Master_Jaina1011 Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2002
    *waves* Hi!!!!

I'm a huge Harry Potter fan!

I'm not dressing up as HP for Halloween but do you know how tempting it is to go to Universal, grab the costumes the ride operators wear and go to DH1 midnight showing in them?

and Miana... the Jurassic Park ranger...I swear I have the costume from Islands of Adventure here somewhere!!!

Man I love living in Orlando! And for those of you who absolutely in love with HP, you need to plan a vacation out to visit the Wizarding World of Harry Potter (WWoHP)!

11. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    What do the ride operators wear?

The 3D release of DH Part 1 has been axed. From what the article said, it sounds like the quality after conversion was awful. Can't say I'm surprised.

12. Miana Kenobi

Apr 5, 2000
    The ride Ops are dressed in various student robes. When I went before CV, I managed to grab a Hufflepuff student to loudly complain that Ravenclaw was loosing so badly in House Points. He laughed.

[image=http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4119/4901894695_74aca295dd_b.jpg]

I'm SO excited the 3D got axed. I HATE 3D Conversions from 2D films. If you don't shoot it in 3D, you shouldn't convert it to 3D. EVER. It also means I'll get to watch Deathly Hallows (at least Part 1) in IMAX but not have to deal with the 3D nonsense.

13. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    [face_laugh]

I've had friends who've been to it. They said it rocks, minus the ridiculous lines.

I just hate 3D in general (headaches galore, and it's not easy to put 3D goggles on over my glasses), but conversion sucks. Plus, I really hope the 3D fever dies, and quickly.

14. Master_Jaina1011

Master_Jaina1011 Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2002
    The costumes the Team members wear are actually a replica of those in the movies. Which is why I want one...the ones they sell are way too much!

And I'm going to go treat myself to a butterbeer! This is why I love living in Orlando!
    [face_laugh]

As for 3D I don't know what the hype is about, but all I care about is seeing the midnight showing in IMAX.

15. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    That's really neat that the operators wear the uniforms. Ack, why make Ravenclaw so far behind? That's not right. :p

Exactly. Plus, it costs more.

I have no plans to see it in IMAX. Last time I saw a movie in IMAX, they cut out twenty minutes of it.

16. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    That sucks!! I'm just going to go see HP7 in a regular theatre.

17. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    I was just at a friend's wedding this weekend and while showing me her scrapbooks, she mentioned that any time her fiance had to dress up for Harry Potter, he'd "borrow" a cossack (priest's robe) from their church. I rolled my eyes quite a bit at that one.

I'm seeing Harry Potter with a few friends for my birthday party.

18. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
  19. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    *swoon* Daniel Radcliffe has come so far. Well, as they all have.

20. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    The city had it's trick-or-treating last night. I threw together a Tonks costume to wear while I gave out candy. My husband wore a Death Eater costume. I didn't see any kids dressed up as Harry Potter characters, though.

21. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    That's kind of surprising, given that the second-to-last movie is due out any minute. Maybe a bunch of them did it in previous years and wanted something new?

22. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    Hey, Fels, I was Tonks, too! :p Dyed my hair pink and everything. :D

I don't know when I'll be seeing HP7 Part 1. Stuff is happening and I'm busy every single weekend when and after it comes out and I seriously do not care that much about seeing a film (even Harry Potter, I know, I know, I love the films, but not that much) when I can't take the few hours out of my extremely busy schedule to hike down the escarpment, pay a whole bunch of money, see a movie, and then hike back. I'll probably get my chance to see it once classes end in early December. :p Anyway, I've never been a "MUST SEE MOVIE ON OPENING NIGHT OR AS CLOSE TO OPENING NIGHT AS POSSIBLE!!!!!11!!" person. :p ;)

23. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Oh wow, you actually did it? :D

I mostly want to see it soon because everyone else is :p I'm raelly excited, by I know by the end of the movie I'll be wanting the last one even more 8-}{

24. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    That's awesome, Idri. :D

25. FelsGoddess

Sep 5, 2004
    Who's going to the midnight showing? :D