main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Harry Potter] They Never Really Leave Us (AU Vignette)

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by JediMaster_Jen, Aug 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    Title: They Never Really Leave Us (Alternate Universe)

Summary: Harry finally understands what Sirius meant.

Disclaimer: I don?t own Harry Potter and I am not making any money off of this. No copyright infringement is intended.

12 Grimmauld Place, London
    Potter Residence
    June 12, 2012

The first stars were just becoming visible when Harry Potter stepped outside. His emerald green eyes went immediately to the darkening sky. Without thought, his gaze landed on Canis Major and it?s brightest star, Sirius. The dog star.

From her spot on the porch behind him, Hermione watched her husband. She didn?t need to look up to know what he was looking at and who he was thinking about. It was the same every year. He?d stare at the sky for hours on this night, never breathing a word, never making the slightest sound.

?Harry?? she called, as she did every time.

?Yes, love?? he asked; same as always.

?Don?t be too long,? she advised. ?The children want you to tuck them in to bed.?

It was then that he deviated from his pattern. Rather than tell Hermione that he?d be in shortly, Harry stood and faced her. Tears were coursing down his tanned cheeks and the raw pain she saw in his eyes made her gasp.

?I?m going to take a walk,? he said softly, through his tears. ?Tell the children?tell them I?m sorry.?

With that, Hermione watched him walk away, heading for the ancient cemetery at the end of the road. She knew exactly where he was going and she hoped, prayed, that finally after sixteen years, he?d find what he was searching for.

///////////////////////////////////////////

Sirius Orion Black
    1958-1996
    Beloved Godfather and Friend

Harry stood before the grave marker he?d had placed fourteen years earlier in honor of the man he?d loved as a father. There was no body in the ground, but that hadn?t mattered. He?d wanted a place where he could go and feel like there was something left of the man he?d known so briefly.

?Hey, Sirius,? Harry spoke softly; the first words he?d ever uttered in all the times he?d stood and stared at the marker.

Carefully, he sat down in front of the marker and cleared his throat. ?I?m?I?m sorry I haven?t?talked to you before now. I wanted to, but?I guess I just didn?t know what to say. Hell, you?d been gone for two years before I could even make myself put this marker here.?

A small breeze wafted through the cemetery then, tossing leaves about and ruffling Harry?s shaggy, unkempt hair.

?Sixteen years seems like so long a time,? he continued on. ?But really, it?s gone by in the blink of an eye. I?m almost thirty-two years old. I never imagined that?no, I never believed that I?d ever make it this far. But here I am. I?m married and I have three children. I?m an Auror, like you were. After I defeated Voldemort, I applied. Mrs. Weasley was against it. I understood why, of course. Losing Mr. Weasley, Charlie and George was?hard on her. It was hard on all of us, really. None of the Weasley?s were the same, especially Ron and Ginny. That?s how Hermione and I got together, I guess. She was my best friend, too, and we both needed someone. I?m a bit ashamed to tell you that neither of us ended what we had with Ron and Ginny before we?well, you understand what I mean, I?m sure.?

He stopped talking when a light rain began to fall. Harry listened intently as the rain drops fell upon tree leaves, creating a peaceful sound all around him. He drew his legs up to his chest and wrapped his arms around them and began again.

?Hermione and I were married in Godric?s Hollow,? he revealed. ?It was her idea. She said the old place needed something good again. So, Remus, Tonks, Hermione, Seamus and I tore down the old house, rebuilt it and had a wedding. Two years after that, exactly eleven years and one day before today, our first child was born. We named him after you and my dad. James Sirius Potter. We call him Jamie. He?ll be heading off to Hogwarts this September. Hermione is convinced he?ll e

2. Helen_Taft

Helen_Taft Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 18, 2008
    Aww! A very nice AU. I like the changes you made, but especially the scene at the cemetary with Harry and Jamie, sort of mirroring himself and Sirius when they talked about our loved ones never leaving us. A great vig=D= . Thanks for sharing! :D

3. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    In a few months, you'll be carrying him and Grandpa James back to Hogwarts. I think they'd both like that.

:_| Something about this line really got me. But Harry seems to have healed at last. And I'll bet Jamie is just adorable.

Couldn't help feeling bad for Ron, though - he lost a chunk of his family, and then Hermione to boot! :p

4. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    This is so sweet!! And Jamie is so cute :)

5. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    That was really great. I like the character of Jamie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.