Ark Harry Potter thread--Check out VoldemortsVault.com!!!

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by otisdodge, Jun 26, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. otisdodge Jedi Padawan

star 4
    This was a lot of fun for HP 5. Tons of people there. I would love to see some witches and wizards with the Force there. My mom pre-ordered two for us. Do we want to do anything before-hand? If you need a wand, PM me.\

I will be going to the Barnes & Noble on Chenal next to TRU, with my sister and probably my brother--maybe my mother and possibly my wife.

--Jacob
  2. hyperspace_police Jedi Master

star 4
    Sounds great. And kynstar....This is a Friday night, so maybe you can go.
    [face_pig]
  3. davisjaron Jedi Youngling

star 2
    you think my jedi cloak would be good for harry potter too? maybe i could even borrow a wand, lol.

personally I don't read harry potter, i just watch the movies, but my sister likes them and she reads them and I could pick her up a copy of the book then maybe.
  4. Nyborg13 Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Ok check this out: A stormtrooper, wizards hat and robe with a wand instead of a blaster. I could do that. HAHAHAHA
  5. otisdodge Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I was going to say it would be really funny if we had a stormtrooper there! Ha Ha! Do it!!!
  6. otisdodge Jedi Padawan

star 4
    What color is your cloak?

You should definitely read the books.

Just to show off--here are some of my wands: [image=http://homepage.mac.com/hgtobler/.Pictures/Photo%20Album%20Pictures/2004-07-21%2020.57.04%20-0700/Image-230F51D4DB9211D8.jpg]

edit: Why do these never work for me? Stupid TFN. [face_monkey]
  7. hyperspace_police Jedi Master

star 4
    Where is spelling_bacon when you need him????
    You shoud read the boods???????
    Come on man...
    You know I am just kidding as I mis type things all the time....
    Later[face_pig]
  8. Spelling_Bacon Jedi Youngling

Boods=Boobs

These are not the breasts you are looking for. Move along.
  9. hyperspace_police Jedi Master

star 4
    Looking forward to seeing everyone that comes out. I'll get there somehow.
    Travling in numbers is good, unless you're the sand people and want to hide your numbers.
    haha
    So, who is dressing up as what? And I probably won't have any scarves done, I can't knit worth a flip with this stupid wrist fracture. Oh well, perhaps by the time the GOF movie comes out in November...
    Later
    BJ
  10. hyperspace_police Jedi Master

star 4
    What time does the Barnes and Noble thingy start on Friday evening?:confused:
  11. otisdodge Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I tried to check the other day, but couldn't find anyone that worked there short of standing in line for twenty minutes to get to the cashier. I will try to call them.
  12. hyperspace_police Jedi Master

star 4
    The newspaper weekend insert thingy says that it starts at 9pm, I think. It's hard to read and retain information when you have a tube sticking out of your nose...I scared Noah (the 17 month old) I don't think he understands about feeding tubes...or iv's for that matter. I should be rid of this stuff by Wednesday. So, as long as I'm not tied down by tubes and I can hitch a ride somehow, I'll be there.
    Later
    Hyper [face_pig]
  13. RedHanded_Jill Jedi Padawan

star 4
    i have an ex student who nobody ever understood except me. his mother was so grateful i waited to leave poyen after will graduated. we share love for everything scifi-fantasy. anyway at church he asked me if i went to any hp things. i said no since i have been battling this migraine off/on since thursday. he said, "you mean for once i was more a nerd than you?" yes finally you beat me, will. so i am trading him my farscape dvd's to watch for his hbp book.
  14. Jedi_Master_Vader Jedi Youngling

star 3
    I got my copy while in memphis, and I was reading it and realized JK Rowling copied off of star wars...now Harry Potter is being called "The Chosen One"
  15. otisdodge Jedi Padawan

star 4
    As if Lucas was the first one to use that term.
  16. otisdodge Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I finished the book on Saturday and I am still reeling from the murder and the identity of the murderer.
  17. Jedi_Master_Vader Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Well, its nice to think that perhaps Star Wars has influenced JK Rowling, also Jacob I feel the same away about the spoiler you posted
  18. Elan-Rai RSA Emeritus

star 4
    Okay, someone post in here who killed who. I probably won't read it, but I know all the characters. Just blacken it in. ;)
  19. otisdodge Jedi Padawan

star 4
    If you don't want the plot ruined, you really shouldn't read this:
    Draco became a Death Eater (Surprise!) and was assigned to assassinate Dumbledore. His mom, Narcissa, figured he would fail and die trying or get killed by the dark lord for failing, so she asked Snape to make the unbreakable vow that he would a) help Draco, b)protect him, and c) carry out the assassination if Draco couldn't. Long story short. Draco succeeded in carrying out his plan to get death eaters into the castle for back-up, lure Dumbledore to the astronomy tower under the dark mark, and dumbledore was even in a weakened state. But Draco couldn't go through with it. It even seemed as if he was going to talk Draco out of his allegiance to the dark side and into the Death Eater Protection Program. But then all the death eaters showed up and finally Snape shows up, seemingly to the rescue--steps forward and kills Dumbledore.
    The question, of course, is whether Snape really wanted to kill Dumbledore or if he was just trying to cover his butt. Personally I don't think it matters, because he is, whatever his intentions were over the years, now most definitely on the wrong side. Killing a good guy, especially the most important, best good guy, doesn't count as part of acceptable cover in my opinion. NOT COLLATERAL DAMAGE.

If you want to be spoiled, but spared the details, read here:
    Snape killed Dumbledore.
  20. RedHanded_Jill Jedi Padawan

star 4
    finished it yesterday in 9hrs. i am a fast reader.
    here is what i think. first this is why. it is not something that is needed to be blacked out because it happens in sw. it happens in any story that is about the hero's journey. there is always a bad guy/girl who has a change of heart.
    now here is my opinion:
    dumbledore knew he would have to die. that is why he told harry all that he knew about voldemort. who better to be in the position to kill him than snape. d was already dead. a few more minutes and the poison would do him in. it sealed his fate with voldemort. he can find the horcruxes from the inside. snape is like sydney carton from tale of two cities. he was bad but found redemption in his love for whatshername. he sacrifices himself in the end for what she wanted. while snape may have hated james and his gang, he loved lily. he will sacrifice his life in the end to keep alive what lily herself sacrificed her own life for.

better yet, who is RAB?
  21. otisdodge Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I am having a hard time believing Snape loved Lily. He called her a mudblood. My mom has similar opinions to yours, that Snape may still be good, but he has to stay on the Dark Lord's good side. She thinks that will be the ultimate test for Harry--trusting Snape in order to conquer Voldemort.

Entertainment weekly had some interesting commentaries on some of the questions raised by this book. According to EW:

Rowling said, "There's more to [Aunt Petunia] than meets the eye."

R.A.B. may have been Regulus Black. EW also references a locket Harry and Co. found at 12 Grimmauld Pl. in Year 5.

Dumbledore has a relationship with Phoenixes--implying some sort of rebirth--he did burst into flames when his tomb was created...
  22. Jedi_Master_Vader Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Yeah I thought of the same person for RAB, I honestly think that Snape just does what is in his best interest, which might mean being good again. Does anyone believe that Harry will not go back to Hogwarts for Book 7?
  23. RedHanded_Jill Jedi Padawan

star 4
    i stand by my earlier opinions. you have to have a bad guy turn good. RAB also could be uncle alphard black. regulus died young and followed lv. alphard was an outcast like sirius.
  24. otisdodge Jedi Padawan

star 4
    RAB should be in spoiler highlights, I think.

Who is this other Black and when are they mentioned in the books?

I was thinking Regulus is perfect, because he is mentioned in six. He was a Death Eater briefly and was killed after supposedly trying to leave the Death Eaters. What better reason for Voldemort to want him dead than if he was messing with the Horcruxes.

So do we think Dumbledore will come back or will we only see his portrait in 7?

Is Petunia a witch or a squib?

I don't know if Harry will go back to Hogwarts, but I do think it should and will re-open. I don't know why she should declare that he's not going back if he was, but it won't be the same without Quidditch, etc.

I do think Ginny should make a stand.

It is dissappointing to me that Harry has never really tried hard at his studies. He needs to learn more stuff to be able to face the Dark Lord doesn't he? Why not go back to Hogwarts for his seventh year, but make a deal with Minerva to be able to leave on missions.

I think Harry should take over the order of the Phoenix.
  25. Jedi_Master_Vader Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Well you know if you think about it, JK Rowling has left alot of stuff for the last book, i mean there are still 4 horcruxes and Harry has no clue where half of them are im sure. He and Voldemort have to face off again, will Snape and Malfoy die? Or will all of the Death Eaters die after their master is destroyed. Dont be surprised if Harry ends up having to die too, she doesnt seem to have a problem killing charectors off so she might turn it into he has to die for Voldemort to die...I know what the prophesy said but just go along with me on that one.

RAB could indeed be Regalus

Jacob, what did you mean by Ginny taking a stand?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.