main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rocky M, NC Harry Potter times

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by JediRiff, Jun 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediRiff

JediRiff Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 2, 2002
    Ok, folks.... Lodreh told me they are playing Harry Potter every hour on the hour, so I think our best bet would be either 6 or 7pm. I am thinking 7, because I dont know if Fettfan can get up here by 6, so Fettfan, what do you think???

2. Entropy

Entropy Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2002
    Any time is fine with me. Heck, I might go to a matinee showing before meeting up with you guys. 'Cause I'm just that good. [face_dancing]

3. eddie-wan-kenobi

eddie-wan-kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 2003
    Hmmph. Not ALL of us are lucky enough to have Fridays off. ;) Will know for sure tommorow.

4. FettFan5150

FettFan5150 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 28, 2003
    6 Would be good for me I shall see you there. :D

5. Entropy

May 30, 2002
    True, but those extra couple of hours make the day seem much longer.

6. joe-da

joe-da Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 7, 2002
    me probably couldn't make it before 7....

7. JediRiff

Jun 2, 2002
    I can do either time. Fettfan, and Joe-da, its up to you two guys.....

8. eddie-wan-kenobi

Jul 14, 2003
    Looks like we will be able to make our dinner tommorow. :) so I'm out for the movie. Only thing is, she's on call Saturday, then our daughter's pre-school graduation is Sunday so it looks like no Harry Potter for me this weekend. :_|

9. Lodreh

Lodreh Jedi Master star 4

Jul 2, 2002
    Not a problem... take her to dinner and a movie :D

Lod-Reh SaJon ~
    "If you seek knowledge and understanding look to the Force. If you seek pain and suffering look no further than me."

10. FettFan5150

Jan 28, 2003
    Very Good Idea. :D ;)

11. eddie-wan-kenobi

Jul 14, 2003
    Good idea, only thing is its a dinner thrown by the daycare for everyone who bought $100 raffle tickets. The grand prize is $3000!! (Oh may The Force be with me
    [-o| ) They are providing babysitters so we can take the kids. No teling when it will be over. Maybe we can work something out over the weekend.

12. jkg_vader

jkg_vader Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    No Harry Potter for me this weekend either, since I'll be on panels at Con Carolinas the whole time.

:(

13. Entropy

May 30, 2002
    Have fun. Take pictures. And don't worry about Harry. He'll still be around next weekend.

14. FettFan5150

Jan 28, 2003
    True It's not like it has anything to compete with this Weekend, Even thou it would still kick booty.
    Have a forceful time at the Con M'lady. :D

15. eddie-wan-kenobi

Jul 14, 2003
    The more I read/see about it the more I cant wait to see this movie!!

16. JediRiff

Jun 2, 2002
    Heads up, guys.... we are going to hit it at SEVEN tonight. 7PM. That should give Joe-da time to get there. I will be heading over to Jimmys right after I get off work, and after hanging there a bit, we will either grab a quick bite to eat and go to the movie, or get a bite afterwards. Whatever everyone wants to do. :) I dont know about you guys, but I CANT WAIT. I am REALLY looking forward to this movie!!!

/hums the Harry Potter tune, looks at his watch, and looks happy that its less than 8 hours to go...

17. joe-da

Aug 7, 2002
    Groovy!

Dobbbbbbyyyyyyyyy!!!!

18. eddie-wan-kenobi

Jul 14, 2003
    Damn I sure wish I could be there. :_|

19. JediRiff

Jun 2, 2002
    I wish you could be there too, bud. Tell you what, though.... we will enjoy the movie even more, just in honor of you. ;)

20. eddie-wan-kenobi

Jul 14, 2003
    Gee thanks. :p

I will try and use my Jedi mind trick on the person drawing names tonight. That $3000 could come in handy. Hey, Qui-Gon cheated, why cant I?

21. JediRiff

Jun 2, 2002
    Exactly. :) By the way, this Harry Potter movie was the best of the three movies in my opinion. It was AWESOME!

22. FettFan5150

Jan 28, 2003
    Very Very Good.... :D

23. JediRiff

Jun 2, 2002
    Indeed. :D

24. eddie-wan-kenobi

Jul 14, 2003
    Glad to see yall enjoyed it. Been a terrible weekend for me so far. Couldnt go to the dinner after all last night. Long story. Then, I found out just a while ago that my dog has a HUGE mass in his abdomen. They are going to do surgery on him Monday to see if there's anything they can do for him. Fellas, I'm not very good with this sort of thing. I dont want him to suffer, but I cannot tell someone its okay to kill my dog. I'm having a VERY tough time with this. Anyway, sorry to rain on the Harry Potter parade.

25. joe-da

Aug 7, 2002
    Movie was groovy!

And Eddie-Wan, I went through a sad situation with Scruffy, who also had a mass in her abdomen, at the end of 1998. It's neither easy nor fun, as you know. She had so much life in her near the end, even though she could only crawl around on her forelegs.

At the time, I remembered a Conan comic when Conan was trapped inside some Sarlacc-like beast and there was this other guy who had been trapped there a long time - the thing was slowly eating away at him where he only had bones in some places. Conan ripped him out of the wall of the thing's stomach and broke him in half. The unfortunate man's last words were "thank you."

And unfortunately, with animals it's hard to tell how much pain they're in and so forth.

Sorry to hear about your dog.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.