main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rocky M, NC Harry Potter times

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by JediRiff, Jun 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eddie-wan-kenobi

eddie-wan-kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 2003
    Thanks Joe. I have been sitting around all afternoon in an Anakin-like mood. I guess I'm just trying to hold it back. Finally cried a little about it. I guess I need to learn when to let go. There's a lot on mind about the whole sitution, but if I try and talk about it I'll just end up crying again. Crap, to late. :(

2. JediRiff

JediRiff Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 2, 2002
    Oh man, I am sorry to hear about that, Eddie-wan. The only thing you can really do is ALOT of soul-searching, and paying alot of very close attention to your dog. Your instincts will guide you from there, but it may be a very difficult road. Just remember that your dog loves you no matter what, and no matter what decision you make.

3. eddie-wan-kenobi

Jul 14, 2003
    Thanks Riff. Times like this makes me wish I was a cold-hearted person who had no real attachment to animals. Theres a part of me that wishes it would just happen on the operating table. But I want to see him again and tell hime I love him. :( See, I did it again. Like the new icon, by the way.

4. eddie-wan-kenobi

Jul 14, 2003
    Watched Eurotrip last night. Hilarious! Actually got some real laughs out of me. When Jenny(DAWN!!!!!!) is bending over to get her drink out of the drink machine OMG!!!! =P~ A little to many male backsides for my taste but Meike was SMOKING HOT!!!! and to see her in the buff made up for it. Was really hoping to see Jenny take it off but alas she did not. The whole night in Amsterdam was hilarious! My brother just went there while he was in Europe and from what he told me, it was pretty accurate. "We dont sale hash brownies mon." [face_laugh]

5. FettFan5150

FettFan5150 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 28, 2003
    Crazy ass movie loved it. :D BOOBIES. :D

P.S. Eddie Wan I feel your pain bro
    I had a Dalmation I had to put down,
    he had stones in his prostate it was nothing
    they could do it was bad. :(

6. joe-da

joe-da Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 7, 2002
    And it received such bad reviews stating it was not funny and so forth...

Did y'all check out the deleted scenes, too?

Mi scusi! Mi scusi!

7. eddie-wan-kenobi

Jul 14, 2003
    Havent watched those yet Joe. Will do so. OMG was that dude creepy!!! Makes me ashamed to be part Italian. :D

8. joe-da

Aug 7, 2002
    yeah, when Riff & meself went that night in Feb. to see it, we laughed our hoo-hoos off about that...

9. Shindo_Windu

Shindo_Windu Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 21, 2004
    Two Words: Resident Evil.

10. JediRiff

Jun 2, 2002
    The Italian guy is the funniest part of the movie, to me. :D

11. joe-da

Aug 7, 2002
    mi scusi!

And did you check out his part in the deleted scene???!!??

12. eddie-wan-kenobi

Jul 14, 2003
    watched those a while ago. pretty funny. his scene was one they should have left in, imo.

13. JediRiff

Jun 2, 2002
    I agree. :)

14. joe-da

Aug 7, 2002
    By the by, Riff I didn't notice any "different" stuff during the unrated and theater versions... did you?

15. JediRiff

Jun 2, 2002
    VERY little.

16. Mordtat

Mordtat Jedi Master star 3

Apr 20, 2004
    The best part was Mistress Vendersexxx. I for the longest time considered Lucy Lawless to be ugly as sin. However, she now can be my dominatrix any day. Well, for as long as she does not come with guys it will be ok.

I also thought the French robot getting his balls kicked in by a wussy American was funny as hell.

"OW, My ROBOT BALLS!!"

"ERROR ERROR ERROR ERROR"

17. Shindo_Windu

Shindo_Windu Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 21, 2004
    Whoa, Lucy Lawless was in Prisoner? Holy crappo.

18. eddie-wan-kenobi

Jul 14, 2003
    No, she's in Eurotrip.

My thoughts on Prisoner of Azcaban:

Good movie, but potential to be SOOOO much better. Dont like this new style of the new director. If I want to see yellowish German expressionism I will watch the silent Nosferatu, not Harry Potter. When in the hell did Hagreds house get moved half a mile away?! Seems like they hit the high spots in the middle of the book just so they could have the dramatic ending. Not enough Hagrid, twins, or the rest of the students, imo. Was VERY disappointed that they didnt mention the origin of the Womping Willow, where Hagrid gets the flying motorcycle from that you see in Sorcerers Stone, or whose those names on the marauders map were. However, Gary Oldman was GREAT as Sirius Black, the guy playing Prof. Lupin was excellent as well. Liked the new Dumbeldore as well. And Hormione was WAY cute!!

19. joe-da

Aug 7, 2002
    that was a funny misprint...

Yes, Hermione was groovy!

Liked Lupin, too, for other reasons. I'll have to get his action figure now. Just wanted to make sure he was groovy first.

Hope there'll be another Hermione figure (the "big" ones don't look accurate) and I'll probably get a Dementor. Saw one pre-film, in Greenville, but not since. Same for the Lupin figure. Does anyplace besides Toys R US have them? Are they exclusives?

Oh, and since I haven't read the book, I don't feel like me missed anything.

20. eddie-wan-kenobi

Jul 14, 2003
    I have seen them at Wal-Mart, Joe. Yeah, I liked Lupin a lot in this movie. Those were some really good scenes with him & Harry. Where was the Quidditch? This was one of the few times I have read a book before it was made into a movie, so now I understand the whole "not as good as the book" deal. I'm glad Entropy mentioned that there is a new director for "Goblet of Fire." I have said it before, but that book has the potential to be the best movie, visually anyway, yet.

21. jkg_vader

jkg_vader Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    I have to agree with Eddie-Wan here. I felt like the movie was totally rushed. It could have easily been a 1/2 hour longer. That's not to say I didn't like it, just that it was rushed. I was also bugged by certain things that they cut out that I saw as important plot points.

22. Entropy

Entropy Jedi Padawan star 4

May 30, 2002
    Another thing that bothered me, when did Dumbledore go from being a lovable, mischievous, yet still respectable old wizard to a dirty old hippy (no offense to hippies)? My first impression of the new direction for the character was, "Who in their right mind would send their kid off to a school run by this spooky old perv?" Having to replace Richard Harris was bad enough. Don?t go mucking around with the character too.

Still, I'm probably going to go watch it again sometime this weekend. Several people I've talked with (who have read the books) said they enjoyed more the second time around, so maybe I'll feel the same. Besides, it's not a bad movie, just not as good as I was hoping it would be.

23. eddie-wan-kenobi

Jul 14, 2003
    That last sentence nailed it Entropy.

24. jkg_vader

jkg_vader Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2003
    Exactly! Just not as good as I was hoping it would be!

25. Mordtat

Mordtat Jedi Master star 3

Apr 20, 2004
    The best advice I could give is, treat the movies and the books seperate and if you do that then you will be less likely to be disapointed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.