main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Story [Harry Potter] Veritaserum (UDC Challege. LM/NM, AD/BL/RL SS/LE, TR, ER, IK, AR, otherDE) Week 20 up

Discussion in 'Non Star Wars Fan Fiction' started by Alley_Skywalker, May 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Lingering was so sweet!! [face_love] Echoing was unexpected but interesting :D

2. Alley_Skywalker

Alley_Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 27, 2005
    NYCitygurl: Lol, I blame the Tony/Alecto 'shippers on FF.net

Restrained

?What should we do with them?? Andre turned to his companions, nodding at the three restrained aurors. Antonin looked around the barren landscape. ?We can?t interrogate them here, we need a secure location.?

?Do you think they even know anything?? Rodophus asked, watching the female fumbling around with the restraints stealthily.

While Karkaroff and Rosier debated the subject, Rodolphus watched the woman as she fumbled around. He caught the moment something akin to an idea flashed in her eyes so when she began whisper to her companions Rodolphus was ready. ?Avada Kedavra.?

?Rodophus what--?? Igor sputtered.

?To avoid accidents.?

Controlled

In the end it was always every man for himself. When the end came there were choices to be made. Some went into hiding, others found a fight to the death. The less well known were able to keep a low profile and not become targets. There was also Lucius Malfoy?s way: repent everything and claimed to have been under the Imperius course.

Jack Avery had never considered Malfoy?s way until the aurors caught up with him. Then all that remained was fear. Fear controlled his mind, body, every ounce of sanity. And he betrayed everything he?d every stood for.

Defined

The formula had been defined the night before in some haze of overworked epiphany. All Karkaroff remembered was everything falling into place a couple of hours after Snape had joined him and Ivan in the lab. Maybe they should have asked him to help earlier?

Walking into the lab the next morning, Igor found a rather downcast Ivan standing beside a table where Snape had spread out various notes, potion flasks, and an assortment of unpleasant-looking insects. ?What?s he doing??

Ivan huffed. ?Apparently, the damn perfectionist wants to define every parameter of the formula and test them before we resume.?

Resolved

Spats between Rodolphus and Antonin were fairly rare; both were willing to act professionally if nothing else around each other in all situations. But there was no denying that Rodolphus wanted to take command of an increasing amount of missions and this was the very thing that seemed to frustrate and irritate Antonin the most. ?He?s a politician, not a fighter! Now is not the time to experiment!? Antonin would often complain to an uncomfortable-looking Lucius, who had no desire of getting in the middle of his friends? spats. Despite that, very few Lestrange-Dolohov clashes were resolved without Malfoy?s involvement.

Unlimited

Tom Riddle had always had a dream of possessing unlimited power. The idea of being undefeatable excited him, making him shiver giddily all over from the inside. His powerless childhood at the orphanage had starved him for control, for respect. He knew that power would give him both, and in turn, power constituted of both. At Hogwarts, Tom did a lot of reading, his mind constantly making notes of what might help him to gain the power he desired. He finally came to the conclusion that immortality was one way to have ultimate power. And the way to immortality: horcruxes.

3. Miana Kenobi

Miana Kenobi Admin Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 5, 2000
    Just caught up on all of these and loving them. :D

4. Alley_Skywalker

Sep 27, 2005
    Miana Kenobi: I'm glad you enjoyed them :)

Bend Over Backwards

Antonin knew that Igor was nearly fanatical over his laboratory research and experimentation. What he needed most were qualified partners who were willing to work for the Dark Lord. Those sort of people were increasingly hard to find. Antonin also knew, however, that a certain Durmstrang graduate ? Ivan Voskrisenski ? was willing go to any length imaginable, bend over backwards, turn the world upside down to prove himself as a brilliant scientifically-progressive mind. That was the sort of person they needed. So when Mr. Dolohov approached the eighteen-year-old Ivan with an ?offer of a lifetime? there was nothing innocent about it.

Axe to Grind

?Reg? Can?t we talk about it??

Regulus looked up; his older brother stood watching him from the doorway.

?Haven?t Gryffindors heard of knocking??

Sirius sighed. ?I didn?t do anything to you, Reg. Why do you hate me all of a sudden? I?m willing to work our problems out if you just talk to me!?

?Mother says you?re turning into a blood traitor. My friends say that you?re a blood traitor.?

?That?s what this is all about??

The thirteen-year-old Black stood and straightened, tilting his chin up in an aristocratic gesture. ?You?re a Pureblood heir, brother. You should act like one.?

Rise and Shine

?Rise and shine, Cissy! Don?t want to be late for your own wedding!?

Narcissa sat up, rubbing her eyes and squinting from the bright light flooding the room ?Bella?must you always be so??

?So what?? Bella asked cheerfully, continuing to push open the curtains on the large windows.

?What time is it??

?Time for you become a wife. come on!? She grabbed Narcissa?s hand and dragged her out of bed.

Narcissa laughed and hugged her sister. ?It?s great isn?t it??

?Yes,? Bellatrix said softly, hiding her face in her sister?s shoulder so that Narcissa couldn?t see its expression. ?It is.?

Tongue and Cheek

?Say, Roddy, you don?t want Tom Riddle to get Dolohov out of Azkaban do you??

Rodolphus glanced up at his brother suspiciously. ?Why wouldn?t I? Antonin and I went to school together??

Rabastan shrugged. ?Oh, well, I though you wanted to marry Bellatrix??

?What does that have anything to with anything??

Another shrug, a sly look. ?Nothing. It?s not like she?s in love him and if Dolohov gets out he certainly wouldn?t try to get her back before you can put a ring on her. No, no reason to worry at all?

Rodolphus made a frustrated gesture. ?Shut up, Rabby.?

Without a Doubt

Theodore Nott sat on his trunk, packed for his first year at Hogwarts, staring out the window at the raindrops running down the window.

?Time for bed, Theodore.?

The boy turned to face his father. ?I?m not sleepy, Papa. I?m?nervous.?

?About school??

?Yea?I don?t know many people my age and?? Shrug.

?You?ll make more friends once you?re there. You?re growing into a wonderful young wizard. Your mother would be proud.?

?What if I?m not in Slytherin? Would Mother still be proud??

?Without a doubt. Your mother loved you and she would?ve been proud, no matter what House you?re sorted into.?

5. Alley_Skywalker

Sep 27, 2005
    Yearning

A year. Had it really been only a year since he last saw her? Time is immeasurable in Azkaban; it flies and crawls all at once. He breathes in the smell of her hair and runs his hand along her soft cheek. Her frame fits perfectly into his arms and he wants her. Then and there. He kisses her, deeply, without a single thought, hoping to drown in her. He owed Tom a life debt just for making this single moment possible again.

?I?ve missed you si much, Bella. Needed you??

She buried her face into his robes. ?Oh, Tony??

Jealousy

?Tony, I?I have something to tell you.?

?Yes, darling??

Bellatrix reached into a pocket of her cloak and took out a delicate golden ring with an elegant diamond and slipped it onto her left ring finger. ?Rodolphus and I?we?re engaged, Tony.?

Antonin flinched and stepped back. Her words had knocked the breath out of him and for a moment, as images of Lestrange with his Bella flooded his imagination, Antonin was sure he would prefer another year with the Dementors rather than this suffocating feeling which threatened to eat away at his heart like acid until there was nothing left.

Possession

?I?m not your property! You have no right!?

?You are my wife!?

?Not yet. I am your bride and I have no intention of watching you take a mistress before we even make our vows?? Astoria breaks down and drops into an armchair, covering her face with her hands so that her fiancée wouldn?t see the tears building up in her eyes. Draco crosses the drawing room, kneels before her and peals her hands from her face. ?I?m just a trophy wife to you aren?t I?? She asks quietly. ?Just a?possession.?

?No,? he answers just as quietly. ?Not a possession.?

Addiction

Pansy didn?t understand how it had happened but she was addicted. Addicted to the war ?- Unfrorgivables, midnight flights and raids, Dolohov?s orders shouted through the din of battle, black cloaks and midnight meetings, Headquarters, firewiskey. Addicted to pain ? crying because she was scared for herself, her family, Draco, Mr. Dolohov, nothing making sense, Draco never being around anymore because he was too busy playing war hero. Addicted to the silence ? secrets, alibis, the suspiciousness of everything and everyone, empty rooms, funerals and prison sentences of friends, dark corners, black roses, fear, imagined independence. Pansy was addicted to the Darkness.

Wanting

It?s late and Pansy knows she should home by now. But something is keeping her at Headquarters. She waves her wand and brings to her a miniature of Hogwarts.

?What?re you planning to do with that, Ms. Parkinson?? Dolohov?s voice makes her turn, one hand going to her heart unconsciously.

?Nothing.? She blushes and looks away. Antonin had become more to her in these past few months than she could have imagined. He was her commander, her inspiration? Now every time she sees him she wants to? Pansy blushes even more and before Dolohov can say another word, apparates home.

6. Alley_Skywalker

Sep 27, 2005
    Red

?Angel! Angel, wake up!? Ashley was hysterical. He and Wilkes had been trapped by an aurors unit. They probably wouldn?t have gotten out if his brother hadn?t showed up with Rabastan and broken the anti-apparition wards. Angelus had been hit with something akin to sectumsempra and there were now long, deep gashes crossing his torso, his undershirt soaked through with bright-red blood.

Andre?s hand felt hot on his shoulder. ?We have to go, Ash. Before they track us.?

?I can?t leave Angel.? Red on Angel?s face and clothes, on the ground, on Ashley?s hands?

?There?s nothing you can do. Come.?

Brown

Peter?s brown robes blended with the dark autumn wood ? dank and dark, not yet covered with snow. Pettigrew made his way to the rendezvoused with skulking steps. He had gone most of the way as a rat but figured this was now ?safe? territory. Peter didn?t know why he had been sorted into Gryffindor, he wasn?t brave and this betrayal wasn?t noble. But they had asked for this. James and Lily. Sirius and Remus. No room for awkward, untalented Peter. Nothing to hold on to?

Sloshing through mud to the Death Eater outpost, Peter hopped to find somewhere to belong.

Black

Black cloaks. Black night sky. Black, ghastly tombstones. Black magic that humms in the air, thick enough to touch, leaving a metallic taste in the caster?s mouth. Black pedestal within the perfect circle, magically drawn on the ground with coal. The Dark Lord presides on the pedestal, surrounded by his followers, all of whom are being led in the necromantic ritual by Karkaroff and Voskrisenski. Riddle, as the heir of Slytherin, is the centerpiece, channeling hi Blood Power into the black whole opening up within the circle. This is the Labs most ambitious project yet ? summoning the Spirit of Slytherin.

Yellow

?You could?ve easily been in Ravenclaw,? Regulus pointed out to his housemate, Barty Crouch, who sat reading some large book. Regulus was lying on his back, enjoying the bright day. Yellow sun, yellow sunflowers, yellow bees and butterflies?

?I know,? Barty said carelessly, flipping the page and squinting from the bright light.

?Did the hat offer to put you there?? Regulus asked, propping himself on his elbows.

?Somewhere in its ramblings. My mother made Ravenclaw. Does it matter?? Barty looked up, displeased at being distracted.

Regulus shrugged. Crouch was strange ? withdrawn ? but Regulus figured he had to open up eventually.

Blue

It was a tradition for pureblood brides to wear a peace of jewelry, typically a ring or a necklace, with their family?s gemstone to their official engagement party where the fiancé would then, at the announcement of the arrangement, would replace the necklace or ring with another, containing the gemstone of his family, signifying the bride?s intended switch from her father?s House to that of her husband-to-be.

Michelle Evermore stood in front of the mirror in her blue evening gown as her sister, Natalie, fastened the sapphire necklace around her neck. Tonight she would switch to the Parkinson stone ? Amethyst.

7. Alley_Skywalker

Sep 27, 2005
    Forever

Forever. Such and impossible, dangerous word. Nothing is forever. Everything is destructible ? even the sun, even the strongest enchantment or curse. There is no such thing as a love or a commitment that lasts forever. A lifetime perhaps, but not forever. Of course, things are different in youth. Life seems never ending, there?s no limit to anything. Everything is only beginning not ending.

When Antonin looks at the assortment of Hogwarts and early Organization photographs, he thinks that at seventeen or eighteen it?s easy to believe that all that is needed for something to last forever is a little faith.

Always

Every time the Dark Mark become a little darker, Thorfinn always thought of the same thing: coming back to England, finishing what they started in the first war, and getting Tony out of Azkaban. Rowle always felt like he owed a lot to Dolohov for giving him a chance to be someone. After the Lord fell, Fin had gone to France and then Italy. He had not been in the Organization prior to the war nor was he very notable and nobody bothered to look for him. Now he had a duty to his comrades ? getting them out of prison.

Never

There is one thing that Purebloods never do: give up. No matter what odds they face, Purebloods will never back down from their ultimate goal, they may retreat into the shadows for a while or concede a certain position, but they will never stop working toward their desired ends. Lucius had always known that Voldemort would come back, they all believed that. But Lucius had a wife unlike many of the younger lot, and his wife wasn?t a Death Eater, unlike Roddy?s. He had a son, an heir. Malfoy would have to lie in wait. But he never stopped believing.

Maybe

Fabian Goyle?s son, Gregory, was born in November of 1980. Adolphus and Christina Crabbe were the Goyle heir?s godparents. The two families were very close, and when Vincent was born that December, the Goyles were given the same honor. Maybe the reason why the two families were so close was because they had a bad ?habit? of being in constant debt to the Malfoys who liked to lord themselves over other families. Fabian hoped that maybe Gregory would be able to break that tradition, to become his own person, independent of the Malfoys. There were many, hopes for the future?

Eternity

The blues of the sky darkened and condensed, becoming a deep purple that blackened over the minutes. There was eternity up there somewhere. Somewhere far beyond the stars there was so much space, emptiness, nothingness, that eternity materialized and became an actually substance.

Ashley could swear he felt the touch of that substance, that eternity of nothingness. Theodore said that was what people sometimes feel when someone they love dies, like a peace of the Otherworld materializing for a moment in the Living world to reach out and touch the bereft. That touch leaves a never-leaving mark on the soul.

8. Alley_Skywalker

Sep 27, 2005
    Next Generation (2017)

?Malfoy, Scorpius.?

A blonde boy came out of the cue of first years and walked to the stool with the sorting hat. Unlike most of the other first years, his countenance and manner were confident and calm, without a trace of anxiety.

?Slytherin!? the hat declared with almost no hesitation. Scorpius stood and proudly made his way to the Slytherin table were he sat between Bonavento Goyle and Gidon Flint.

?Hey, Malfoy made Slytherin, what else is new??

?Shut up, Gidon!?

?Do you think Cato???

?Nott? Are you kidding me? He?s got to; his family?s been in Slytherin for ages.?

Pureblood

Cato Nott did make Slytherin. As did, to Scorpius? pleasure, Anna Rosier. Disappointingly, she chose to sit next to a boy named Anthony rather than him. ?Scared of me Annie??

?Leave her alone, Malfoy,? Anthony piped up.

Scorpius attempted to imitate his father?s disdainful expression. ?What are you, her boyfriend now? Are you even a pureblood??

The boy threw his chin up, ?Yes.?

?I?ve never heard of a Deschain family,? Anna mused.

?We moved from Russia.?

?Deschain isn?t a Russian surname, it?s not even Slavic,? Cato put in.

Anthony shrugged. He would be sixteen before he knew his true heritage.

Ravenclaw and Slytherin (2021)

Lysander and Lorcan Scamander had been very close during their childhood. They were twins and looked very much alike. The only difference between the two was that Lorcan took heavily after their parents and tended to enjoy books, quite moments, and Luna?s stories about different magical oddities she encountered. Lysander was more active, better on a broom, and unable to wait to get his hands on a wand. With both of their parents from Ravenclaw both boys were almost certain that they would end up in that House. Lorcan was put into Ravenclaw but Lysander was placed promptly into Slytherin.

Welcome to Slytherin

?Siblings aren?t usually separated. especially twins.? Ayer Avery commented as one of the Scamander boys came trudging up to their table.

?I met him on the train, he seems alright,? Amiri put in.

?Everyone?s alright for you, Rosier,? Rookwood laughed.

Annabelle Montague scooted over to make space for Lysander for he obviously looked a little unsure as to where to sit. ?He?s going to be in our year,? she hissed at the boys. ?We should be nice to him.? She turned to Lysander. ?Hi. I?m Belle. You know Amiri, and those two geniuses are Keith and Ayer.?

Lysander smiled. ?Hi.?

Rift (2024)

?I can?t believe you?re friends with them.? Lorcan was so indignant he couldn?t even raise his voice. His twin merely stared at him.

?Who??

?Rosier and Avery?s lot!?

?They?re in my house, Lor. What do you expect??

?Well?well?what about Malfoy? You?re even talking like Malfoy now.?

Lysander rolled his eyes. ?That?s ridiculous, I don?t talk like Scorpius. What?s wrong, Lor??

?Do you realize Mum fought against these people?s parents or relatives in the war??

Lysander made a face. ?I?m not friends with their parents am I? They?re my friends, Lor.?

Lorcan huffed angrily and stormed away. Lysander let him go.

[color=blue]Thank you for reading, everyone![/color]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.