main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NSWRPF Archive Harry Potter Walrussore Academy of Advanced Magic

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Jerdu_Slmor, Jan 25, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chukles38

Chukles38 Jedi Master star 5

Jun 10, 2005
    IC: Andros Ignatious

A friendly smile burst onto Andros' face again at her question. He was pleased that Defense Against the Dark Arts was on her list of top classes. "Why, a very fair question. I teach Defense Against the Dark Arts." Before she had spoken, Andros could swear he caught a brief glimpse of something... not fear, but..... cation? He knew he might had imagined it, but decided to add the next line for safe measure. He stood up, faking pride like before with Vivienne, and said in a falsely-pumped up voice, "Why, I even used to be an Auror for several years, before I quit and became a teacher. I was pretty good too." It was clear he was striving for humor, and he hoped that his most recent statement washed away whatever it was Andros might have seen in her.

He turned serious now, crouching down so that he was level with her eyes. When he spoke, his voice was firm, friendly, and instructional, as if he was making a very important point on life. "While charms and Transfiguration are both extremely useful and necessary areas of magic, one must never forget this one thing: There are always dark wizards out there. Defense Against the Dark Arts is perhaps the most important class a student can take. Maybe you aren't skilled at it. I don't know. However, never give up, because those are the skills that will save your life and the lives of others when you find yourself in a bind. I speak from experience here." He smiled again, letting her know his words were not meant to be taken as harsh or deterring. He simply wanted her to understand a very important fact of life.

TAG: Amber

2. MoonlightsAngel

MoonlightsAngel Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 13, 2006
    IC: Amber J. Hexxton
    Great Hall

"Why, I even used to be an Auror for several years, before I quit and became a teacher. I was pretty good too."

Something?. Something? there was something.

Paranoid much? Her brother?s voice spoke into her mind, soothing and putting her at ease once more.

"While charms and Transfiguration are both extremely useful and necessary areas of magic, one must never forget this one thing: There are always dark wizards out there. Defence Against the Dark Arts is perhaps the most important class a student can take. Maybe you aren't skilled at it. I don't know. However, never give up, because those are the skills that will save your life and the lives of others when you find yourself in a bind. I speak from experience here."

Amber?s golden eyes sparked up at this. She wasn?t about to brag about her abilities for DADA, which, if nothing out of the ordinary, weren?t all that bad either. She wasn?t about to frown and cross her arms, thinking of this teacher as pompous, and she was certainly not going to laugh it out with a joke either. Instead, she simply let the small curious smile drop from her face as she stared back into the Professor?s blue eyes.

?W-while I agree to your statement, a-and know that DADA is quite a m-must for a student to learn, I am o-obliged to make a point in favour of Charms. This I can only a-assume but?? she stopped, choosing her words carefully. ?When you find y-yourself in a bind, as you said, isn?t it n-necessary to be able to manipulate the e-environment around you as well? If p-protecting others o-or merely yourself, your kn-knowledge of defensive spells won?t be all that useful if you come to a l-locked door and find yourself trapped. I-I might be speaking out of childish I-inexperience, but I think Charms and D-defence Against the Dark Arts come hand in h-hand.?

She took a pause, measuring her words. ?I mean n-no offence? She stated as blushed lightly again.

Tag: Andros

3. Chukles38

Jun 10, 2005

Andros' smile broadened at her response. It was a genuinely approving smile. He so loved smart children. He waited only a moment to respond. "A very acute response. That professor was right. You indeed have an almost unlimited potential with a mind like that. And no offense taken. I meant not to detract from Charms with my last statement. I merely wished to express that in those classes, you rarely learn how to truly use them. In my Defense Against the Dark Arts class, not only do I teach you the spells from the curriculum, I teach you the real life application of these spells. I also include many other spells from many other areas of magic. I find that it is necessary to explain and show from experience how to properly integrate these spells into real life scenarios involving the dark arts." He paused a moment, before seemingly adding on a point he forgot to make earlier. "I off course mean no disrespect tot he other teachers. All aspects of magic are equally important. However, in the class of Defense Against the Dark Arts, it all gets pulled together for your benefit." He paused as he smiled again, standing up as he did so. He didn't like the hesitancy he sensed within her. He might have been imagining it, but he didn't think so. At this rate, she would make a rather poor Shadow Savior. He would have to tread carefully around her. She could be dangerous.

TAG: Amber

4. Kaiser1990

Kaiser1990 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 9, 2007
    OOC: I'm sorry that i've first the starting posts, i've been cut off from the net so i should be able to start around Friday or Saturday

5. Jerdu_Slmor

Jerdu_Slmor Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 20, 2007

There was a clap and the eating students stopped imediately and looked towards the place the sound had came from.

The headmaster was suddenly back on the podium smiling widely. I know this isn't the best way of sorting to you all. but it guarantees that the classes are fair. No matter what you think this is were you belong. Every year a spell of fate is cast so that everyone lands were they belong.

This year we decided a change though, and while you were walking blind folded we quickly took the brother sorting hat from Hogwarts and put it on your heads, it told us were you should be. I know what you are all thinking how is it they could have did it that quick, well I can't tell you that. If you want to learn how it was done pay attention in Charms class! Your teacher should tell you this year! he said smiling

Anyways what the sorting hat says is posted outside:....................

After the eating and conversing the students filed out to see were they would land

(next post)

6. Jerdu_Slmor

Jerdu_Slmor Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 20, 2007
    Students Sorting

Black Dragon
    Leader: Andros

Vivvien
    Fojin
    Rackhester
    Toong

Gold Dragon:
    Leader: Frank Weasley

Simon
    Jocelyn

Fred
    Martenian

Silver Dragon
    Leader: Tister

Amber
    Aaron
    will
    tthoop

Bronze Dragon:
    Leader: Kleft

Vladmir
    Poontai
    Kleast
    Fowlle

Okay Everyone make your way to your dorms, and remember next month we have the witch and wizard games!!!

7. Zelda_Skywalker

Zelda_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 4, 2005
    IC:Vivienne Voltaire

She listened intently as the headmaster spoke. Words meant everything to Vivienne, She'd heard many things that inspired her, and broken her. Words in her mind where a pathway to the speaker's mind. A pathway in which she lit all the torches. Where she didn't even need her wand to get there. It was a matter of thought, of logic. Deciphering words and sentences to reveal true meanings. Within the headmaster's words, though he may not have known his meanings-there was a destiny to Walrussore. A destiny, in which one or more of these students' fates would fall.
    She ate slightly from the feast, she never ate much. She was never a hungry person. She waited until most of the students had left for her to rise. She was almost out of the hall when she felt her weight leave the ground, then gently touch back down. She smiled, and laughed, not even needing to turn around to know whom it was.
    "Jackoby, What am i going to do with you?"
    He fell in step beside her, following her up a grand staircase. He was tall, and of a thin, but still average weight. He was light skinned, but had a hint of tan. He had a pleasant face, and a small triangular goatee under his bottom lip. He had one lip ring on the right side of his bottom lip, a nose ring on the same side. He had the same dark brown eyes as her, hidden behind "emo" glasses and he sported beautiful white teeth. His hair was long and dark, but razored, and fell to his shoulders. He was all in all, a good looking 17 year old guy. He looked exactly like his sister in male form, they could've passed for twins.
    "i dunno. So you're in Black Dragon this year. I ended up over there by the end of the night. I was headed for the Bronze table like every other year, but i ended up sitting down here. So i'm with you this year sis."
    "well i'm okay with that. Could you tell that there was something odd about the different sorting this year?"
    "no. you're just paranoid. Nothing is going to happen. Our headmaster just wants to make things more like Hogwarts to make us all feel more at home. Anyway-where you going? You're going the wrong way."
    She'd been walking down to the classroom where everyone always went to for Defense Against the Dark Arts. Apparently Jackoby took notice.
    "oh. um, i enrolled in the Defense Against the Dark Arts class this year. I just wanted to talk to the teacher before class tomorrow. Make sure i'm not getting in over my head."
    "ah. well good luck. See ya in the morning sis."
    "night." she called after him.
    She walked down the hall, not a student was in sight. it was eerie. Everyone was going to their common rooms and dormitries to go to sleep, and she was headed to a classroom. She stood at the door, wondering. How many people really did know about her-condition?
    She knocked, and waited.

TAG:Chukles

8. Chukles38

Jun 10, 2005

Andros had stood as the headmaster spoke. Without another word to anyone, Andros returned to the head of the table. When dinner was dismissed, Andros took only a few moments to be sure his students were on their way in the right direction. The older students would be able to make sure the younger ones knew where they were going. Without further ado, he made his way to his classroom, and his office incidentally. He was pleased to note that as he turned the corner, Vivienne was already standing at his door. Apparently something important was on her mind. That was good though. She was coming to him for answers... even if they included accusations or suspicion, that was a good thing. That trust and desire for knowledge that he had could be used to Andros' advantage. He came up behind her, not making a sound. He placed a hand on her shoulder. She might have noticed him, but he was rather hoping that she was completely surprised. For some reason he enjoyed startling people. When he spoke, his voice was friendly and there was a pleasant smile on his face.

"Punctuality is to be admired, Miss Voltair. I am pleased to see it." With a wave of his hand, he unlocked the door. He then gestured to her. "After you." Moments later, they were sitting at his desk. Andros had his hands folded in his lap as he looked at her. After a moment, he said, "So, what can I do for you Miss Voltaire?"

TAG: Zelda

9. Zelda_Skywalker

Sep 4, 2005
    IC:Vivienne Voltair

He came behind her and unlocked the door. She sat in front of his desk, feeling more and more stupid by the second.
    "So, what can I do for you Miss Voltaire?"
    For a second she stared down at her shoes, and then swallowed hard, looking at the edge of the desk before answering.
    "i'm worried about my...condition. I wondered how you knew. How many people knew...It's not a big ordeal is it? I don't want to have to leave the school. i know parents wouldn't want a werewolf..." she paused. "a halfbreed in a class with their children" She looked at him a second, and then hung her head.
    "I am rather proud of it. Having survived it being bitten when i was so young, and it gives me powers to look after my brother. i know it's nothing great. more shameful than great....but i don't want to leave the school."

TAG:chukles

10. Chukles38

Jun 10, 2005

Andros leaned back in his chair. He smiled warmly at her before responding. "I figured that that was what you wished to discuss. Do not fret. Very few know about your 'condition.' The headmaster, certainly, and myself. That is all I know of." He then leaned forward, speaking with her quietly. "And, being a werewolf can be a great asset. There is nothing to be ashamed of, and you should not take heed of what others think of it. No matter what, you will always have friends. We're all a little different in our own special ways. Look at me." He gestured to himself as he sat back and his voice returned to normal. "I am by many means physically inferior to many men. I didn't care that others poked fun at me. I didn't care that jobs were not offered me because they felt I could not physically handle it. I did not mind that I was passed over time and again for the stronger man. I instead worked on what I had going for me; magic. With my wand, I can more than compensate for anything that might hinder me about who I am. We all have our trials, and we all have the means to overcome them. With magic and potions these days, your condition is hardly that crippling. So, the point of my lecture, do not fret over the thoughts of others." He moved on from there, sure that his words would help to calm the girl and perhaps make her inclined to like and trust him more. "Now, as to how I know, I have many more connections than the other teachers. They were all primarily inclined to go into teaching without going on to other professions first. As an ex-Auror, I have many connections. I like to know about any... unusual students at the school. I received word of your 'condition' from a professor at Hogwarts as well as some friends at the ministry. That's all I can say." Andros sat calmly, waiting for any more questions.

11. Zelda_Skywalker

Sep 4, 2005

"don't get me wrong, i love being a werewolf. I feel stronger, it gives me the confidence to keep pushing on. I'm fierce and brave when connected with it. I have to be that way, i feel i have a duty to protect my brother. We live with our great aunt and-i shouldn't tell you all this. i know it's not really of your intrest. But i do love it. the fangs are a plus too." she added with a laugh, to keep herself from crying. She had bright white teeth, and indeed the canines were larger than any normal human.
    "Question for you though. I am intrested in being an auror. Would someone like me be able to get considered?"

12. Chukles38

Jun 10, 2005

Andros smiled at her. It was a mixture of joy and pain. "That all depends on the condition of the Aurors. When I left, they were rather corrupt. Under normal circumstances, there would be no problem with you being an Auror. We've had many successful werewolf Aurors in our history. If you would like, I would be more than happy to help you out with anything you need. As an ex-Auror, I know exactly what they are looking for. One of the more important classes will be Defense Against the Dark Arts. I happen to excel at that, so my door is always open for you." Andros sat back a second, seeming to ponder on something. "Now, about what you said before that. Do not think that I have no interest in the lives of my students. I am always here to talk about life or what not. I remember what it was like growing up. Certainly my life was much more stable than most teenager's, but I know how hard it can be. I do not like to be so distant and disconnected from my students as most of the other teachers do. So, if you ever feel like discussing anything, just hunt me down." He smiled again, seeing if she had anything else to add.

13. chanbill5390

chanbill5390 Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 12, 2007
    GM Approved

Name: Chandler Billings
    Years at Walrussore : Already graduated with top marks. Is now a rouge auror who managed to escape from the dark wizard over throw.
    Eyes: Silver
    Hair: Bright blue (Spell)
    Physical appearance:
    -Height: 5'8"
    -Weight: 180 lbs
    -Skin Color: Light tan
    -Muscle Tone: Swimmer's build, Light but strong muscle.
    House: No real home, several small Muggle apartments throughout the world that he uses as bases and hideouts.
    Relatives: Extremely distantly related to the Weaslys
    Pureblood/Halfblood/Muggle: Halfblood
    Favorite Class: It was Defense Against the Dark Arts
    Personality: Honor bound and determined, very protective.
    Pets: A single Chinese Phoenix
    Other: He has a customized Firebolt, easily faster than most. Also skilled in Occlumency.
    Wand:
    -Length: 14"
    -Core: Dragon Horn Fiber/ Phoenix Feather Hybrid Core
    -Wood: Japanese Cherry
    Bio: Born in the United States to a Wizard father and a Muggle mother, Chandler went to Hogwarts for several years eventually switching over to an American school after his fourth year. He graduated from the American school with tops marks in almost all of his classes. He was then accepted to Walrussore Academy of Advanced Magic. Graduating after 6 years he became a very well known and powerful Auror the like of which few had seen in about a half a century. He now works to defeat the Dark Forces that have ensnared the world of magic in its web of corruption. Flitting from place around the world, making alliances with other Magic governments, he is intent on taking down this knew breed evil doers.

14. Zelda_Skywalker

Sep 4, 2005

"well, i do have a concern, and it concerns your class."
    She felt really embarassed asking, because she was such an excellent defense against the darks arts student at Hogwarts, but thus she asked.
    "i don't mean to sound concieted, but i was a great defense against the dark arts student at Hogwarts. I was scared for a long time about joining the class here because i don't want to embarass myself in front of the other students. If i start to fall behind, will you tell me?"

OOC:lol. i almost typed Vivienne Westwood as my IC. haha.

15. chanbill5390

chanbill5390 Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 12, 2007
    IC: Chandler Billings/Anonymous British operative(for intro purposes)

Chandler had just left the American Ministry when he recieved a message from a fellow operative in England. It came tied to the leg of an arctic tern and landed a few scarce feet from him. He lent down untied the sheef of parchment and read its contents.

Dear Chandler

It appears as though retaking the Ministry here in London wasn't as easy as expected, our recent mission has failed miserably and we have suffered several casualties. The British Resistance Movement calls on your expertise to help us out in our endeavor to remove the dark forces from our nation. If not dealt with their power will spread to take over the rest of the world, includinmg your home of America. We need to formulate a way to defeat these dark wizards, and we think you're the key. Please make it to our headquarters, they reside near the village of Hogsmeade, a few miles south of Hogwarts.

Sincerely Operative Number 5397

"Hmm, that's not to far from Walrussore either." Chandler said as he finished the letter. He then pointed his wand at it and the letter disintegrated. "Now off with you." he added to the now relatively well rested bird. He then looked fixedly at the eastern horizon. "Well England here I come." he added, and with that he vanoshed with a small pop. He reappeared sometime later in front of the Three Broomsticks. He walked in ordered a butterbeer and left. He then headed for a small outcropping of stone halfway between the village of Hogsmeade and the towering castle of Hogwarts. He took a sharp right and headed into a small cave.

"You're late." said a voice in the dark.

"Sorry I got thirsty, us Americans don't take well to aparating." he said with smile. He then stepped further into the cave, lights flashed on as he got to a table with a single wizard at it. "I take it the others are either dead or recruiting new soldiers." he said taking a seat.

"Indeed, we hae roughly ten of our number remaining after our last attack. However the other nine are searching for stronger reinforcements, possibly dragons and giants." the operative said. "Now would you like to here our request of you?" he added pour some tea into a smal cup and offering it to Chandler.

Chandler politely declined the tea. "Yes actually I would, does it have anything to do with Walrussore?" he asked instead taking a swig of his butterbeer.

"Actually yes, it does. We would like you to try and pose as a teacher there, and perhaps even try and recruit some of the students, or at least reverse the brainwashing on them." the operative said. "I would also like you to try and take the school and turn it into a base of operations. With that we may just get the upper hand on these dark wizards and witches. That is all, you may head out now." he added. Chandler then rose and left.

Chandler knew how to get to Walrussore, having graduated several years prior to the hostile takeover. He just hoped he'd be able to sneek in unnoticed, and manage to get a foothold strong enough to help his British allies. He mounted his broom and jetted out to the now shadow shrouded edifice. He then walked up to the front door and knocked three times. The door creaked open and he stepped in he then walked to the door of the Headmaster's office and knocked again, this door also opened. He walkedover until he could see the figure of an older wizard behind a desk. "Hello, I would like to apply for a job as a teacher here. I've been out of work since the Ministry closed and thought it prudent to try and apply here. Do you have any openings?" he asked looking into the aged face of the Headmaster.

TAG: GM

16. Chukles38

Jun 10, 2005

A smile returned to Andros' face as Miss Voltair finished her question. "From what I have heard of your abilities, I highly doubt that that will be necessary. However, I will do all I can to make sure you achieve your full potential. I grade my class not by skill, but by potential. I understand people struggle over certain aspects of magic. So long as the students give me their all, they will do fine. However, yes. I will gladly aid you if I should feel you are falling behind. If this should mean taking personal time to help you after classes, then that is what I should do. I am a firm believer that all people should be encouraged and aided in developing themselves into all they can be." Andros leaned back and considered something. He took several moments to look over the girl in front of him. After his moment of silence, he added, "And, who knows. If what I have heard about you is true, I might just extend my yearly offer to you." He knew that last line would reel her in. It always did. Between the promise it held and the mastery he had over spoken language, no student had yet to ask about what he meant. He did this every year with several students. It would surprise him greatly if Vivienne were to be disinterested in it.

17. Zelda_Skywalker

Sep 4, 2005

"I thank you greatly, but i am a little confused about the yearly offer thing. I know it's probably stupid of me to ask, but i was just wondering."
    She looked back at the hem of her sleeve and pulled at a loose thread. She felt so stupid for asking, because she knew she was talented in the arts, if anything at all. She was pulled into the dark arts when she was bitten. Bitten by a man they all called Fenrir Greyback. The famous werewolf of Britian, the one where many didn't survive their bite it was so severe. She survived, and was chosen by the wand with Remus Lupin's hair in it. The werewolf who helped stop Voldemort. Such a noble wolf. She would always bow her head to him. It was in her blood, her fight with the dark arts. She had to excel or she would fall in the shadow of Lupin. Her wand power, his legacy.

18. Chukles38

Jun 10, 2005

A smile split Andros' face again. It seemed extremely friendly, and was, but what really pleased Andros the mos twas that she had taken the bait. They all did. He cleared his throat before filling her in on what his yearly offer was. "Well, my dear, if you had not heard of my yearly offer, it is understandable. Us Black Dragons like to keep it to ourselves, and this is your first year as a Black Dragon. The curriculum for Defense Against the Dark Arts is pretty strict. I can only teach such and such spells to such and such year students. It truly annoys me. I have a great understanding of this area of magic, and wished to help others have it as well. I therefore gained permission to take one student I deem most promising a year and teach them beyond the curriculum. I will choose this person in about two or three weeks. Who knows. It might be you." He flashed her a smile again.

19. Zelda_Skywalker

Sep 4, 2005

Her mouth opened in bewilderment. Of course she'd love the opportunity, but there were so many students, and although she may have natural talent, she couldn't be that good. She shut her mouth and shook her head.
    "I'd love to, but i don't think i would get it. I'm not nearly as good as some of the other people who come through here."

OOC:sorry so short, didn't know what to put.

20. Chukles38

Jun 10, 2005

Andros's smile grew larger, though once again it's real purpose was hidden ehind his flawless mask of friendliness. He was leading her around by the nose... and enjoying it as well. "Oh, Miss Voltair, I said I consider potential, not ability. Just do your best and we shall see if I accept you." Andros looked at his watch and feigned surprise. He had known what time it was throuhgout this whole meeting. "My, we best get moving along. It's getting late and we both must be up for classes in the morning." Andros stood and stretched a little. This had been a good little chat. He definatly saw potential in her.

21. Zelda_Skywalker

Sep 4, 2005

"oh. well, i'll try my best. Even though i am quite sure my best will not be good enough to even qualify me. but thank you." She stood, rounded her chair and headed for the door, something caught her thoughts though, and she turned to her new teacher.
    "by the way, thanks for actually not hating me for my whole...condition. Most teachers try to ignore me, as do the students who know. I appreciate it."
    With that said, she opened the door and made her way back to her common room. She found her bed in the dormitory, changed into her pajamas, and climbed in under the warm covers. She didn't sleep though, she stared at the stars out of the window by her bed. They twinkled and sparkled, and for once she realized maybe there was someone other than her brother that could help her in the wizarding world. She drfited asleep slowly, to a black dream. Then she found herself in the gardens, being chased by Greyback. She was only four. It terrified her, and she was crying as she ran. The wolf gained on her, closer, closer....Then it pounced and she was pushed to the ground, the agony of it's claws on her back. She fought back, only to have her face slashed by it's vicious clawing. It threw her in it's fury, only to come closer to her, too weak to fight back. After all, she was only a child. It growled, it's mouth open, it's teeth barred. With a swift movement, it struck.

She awoke with a start in her bed, she sat up, breathing hard, the scar on her back tingling.
    "i hate that flashback" she moaned to herself, lying back down."

TAG:Chukles/anyone

22. Chukles38

Jun 10, 2005

Andros smiled as the young witch moved out of his office and off to the common room. He sat in his chair, the smile still on his face. He leaned back in his chair, as he reflected on the conversation they had had. He was rather pleased with it. There was no doubt in his mind that she would be the one to receive his offer. There were no other students qualified to be a Shadow Savior. Either that, or they were easily going to follow that course. Young Vivienne could be shaped and molded. She had extreme potential in the art of magic. Plus she was a werewolf. That always helped. He'd have to be careful though. She wanted to be an auror, which might cause some problems. She still seemed good at heart, even if she was reclusive and untrusting. He could warp her from that path. It would be a slow process, and gentle, but it could be done. He smiled again as he stood and stretched. A yawn came out, and he moved off to the Black Dragon Common Room, which his bedroom adjourned.

TAG: ALL, None

23. Darth_Breoya

Darth_Breoya Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 11, 2008
    OOC: Is no one playing this any more?

24. Zelda_Skywalker

Sep 4, 2005
    OOC:i dunno. i was waiting on a gm post....i'll contact the gm and see what's going on. if he doesn't respond by thursday i will see if one of the players will take over or try to locate the co-gm if there was one.

25. Chukles38

Jun 10, 2005
    OOC: I might have been the officially-unofficial co-gm, but he was never to clear about it. :p

I can take over the game if needs be though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.