main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[Harry Potter] Who else was at Godric's Hollow that night?

Discussion in 'Archive: Census and Games' started by ObiWan506, Sep 27, 2006.

?

[Harry Potter] Who else was at Godric's Hollow that night?

Poll closed Mar 24, 2012.
  1. Snape

68.0%
  2. Dumbledore

8.0%
  3. Siruis Black

4.0%
  4. Peter Petegrew

8.0%
  5. Remus Lupin

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Hagrid

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Hagrid and Sirius Black

4.0%
  8. Random Death Eater(s)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Nobody

8.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    I think Snape would be a credible choice.

2. George_Roper

George_Roper Jedi Knight star 7

May 1, 2005
    While it is conceivable that both of them were there, I really can't see Snape or DD giving Wormtail Tom's wand.

3. TheBoogieMan

TheBoogieMan Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 14, 2001
    I worded that badly. I don't think Dumbledore gave him the wand; he simply could have thought to tell Snape to.

But yeah, it's a bit far-fetched. Why would you return the wand that will only make him more powerful? I suppose the only thing is that Snape could have returned it to Wormtail to keep his cover.

4. ObiWan506

ObiWan506 Former Head Admin star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 5, 2003
    Right. I think Snape's actions reflect his motivation to stay under cover. He didn't necessarily want to do it.

Now, on another note, what if there was someone there that you would never expect? What about Harry Potter (age 17)? Let that one bake your noodle for a second.

5. KissMeImARebel

KissMeImARebel Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    Pettigrew - someone HAD to fetch LV's wand for him after the AK backfired.

But I think Snape may have been there as well...

6. TheBoogieMan

Nov 14, 2001
    I think Rowling stated that the characters will never time-travel again. I'll look it up, though.

7. Mar17swgirl

Mar17swgirl Chosen One star 7

Dec 26, 2000
    Yes, because all the Ministry's Time Turners have been destroyed (and there are no Time Turners outside of Ministry).

8. ObiWan506

Aug 5, 2003
    Mugglecast just released their newest podcast episode. In it they supposedly talk about the possibility of time travel. I'll hear their points and see if they mention anything important.

Also, I can't remember Jo stating there would be no time traveling again.

9. StarWarsFreak444

StarWarsFreak444 Jedi Master star 7

Mar 28, 2005
    i think nobody

10. TheBoogieMan

Nov 14, 2001
    I found the quote - it was from a 2003 interview. I was wrong though.

Question: "Will any of the characters ever time-travel again?"

Rowling: "Not telling!"

Hmm. I do not remember any characters time-travelling in any book other than POA, so unless she counts the pensieve as time-travel we may well see time travel again. Cool.

11. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    How far back do the time turners even allow one to go? IIRC, in POA, when Harry and Hermione go back, they go back 3 hours, and DD turns the time turner once for each hour. So to go back to that night at GH, Harry would have to turn one 148920 time (17 yearsx365daysx24hours). That would take up half the year, and probably half the book. Not terribly exciting.:p

Seroiusly, though, I can't see anyone other than Sanpe and Wormtail having been there. DD definitely wasn't, if he had been, he wouldn't have had to send Hagrid to get Harry. Not to mentoin that he would have stopped Voldemort. Sirious? Can't see him not trying to save his best friends and godson, which would have meant Voldemort would have had to have killed him, too.

12. TheBoogieMan

Nov 14, 2001
    Harry turned again. And again. Harry turned the time-turner again. And again. Again. Harry turned the time-turner yet again. Harry turned again. Again, Harry turned the time-turner. Again. And again.

Yeah, that could get a little dull. :p

13. yankee8255

May 31, 2005
    ... Chapter 30.

Hermione entered the room, gave a quick dismissive look at Harry and Ron while shaking her head in disbelief, took out her wand and pointed it at the time turner.

The trio were suddenly back in 1980.

"Didn't you two pay attention in school at all?" Hermione said with a sneer.

14. ScaryPoster

ScaryPoster Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 25, 2006

First, I think Snape was there!

Secondly, hey! Maybe we will learn of a Super Time Turner and the version that was in POA was sort of a mini or regular version. The Super Time Turner, when turned once, will take you back a WHOLE YEAR....

However, that would mean that Harry an the crew would have to wait 17 some years to get back to thier own time UNLESS the time turner had a reset button or something...

Of course, I am kidding, but just throwin' the idea out there! :p

15. TheBoogieMan

Nov 14, 2001
    Actually, that's a good point. We've never seen anyone go *forwards* in time.

16. yankee8255

May 31, 2005
    I would assume you just turn in the other direction, but yeah, never thought about that before.

17. ObiWan506

Aug 5, 2003
    You listened to the latest Mugglecast, didn't you?

Yeah, we've never seen anybody go into the future with the Time Turner. Doesn't mean there isn't another way to travel.

And as for not going into the future, you're right. They would have to live out the next 17 years in order to catch back up the the time where they went back. Of course, this is the knowledge that we currently know now. Book 7 can throw us a curve ball, and most likely will with many different things.

18. ScaryPoster

ScaryPoster Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 25, 2006

No, afraid not. I am a big Harry Potter fan but do not keep up with all the theories and such. :)
    Although I have heard of Mugglecast :p

But as to the last bit, I agree! I am looking forward to what book 7 has in store in regards to this (time travel), if anything.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.