main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Harry Potter

Discussion in 'Archive: Raleigh, NC' started by Jedi_Natalie, Jun 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Natalie

Jedi_Natalie Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    Anyone as excited as me about the 5th book coming out this Friday? I never though I'd get into the Harry Potter craze but after teh first movie came out I went and read all of the books and just looove the story.

I'm so behind on my Star Wars reading though... Normally I put down my books for any new SW book - but I don't know I'm really tempted to read this new Harry Potter book coming out. Especially since the next movie isn't coming out until next June!

2. Psycho_Jedi

Psycho_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 26, 2002
    Apparently, someone else was also very excited and just couldn't wait. Straight from MSN.com:

Thousands of Potter books stolen
    Theft of eagerly awaited book reported in Britain

Reuters
    LONDON, June 17 ? Thousands of Harry Potter books worth about $1.68 million were stolen from a warehouse in the north of England over the weekend, police said Tuesday.
    The copies of ?Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix,? the fifth in J.K. Rowling?s series on the boy wizard, were stolen in a late-night heist on Merseyside, near the northern English city of Liverpool, on Sunday, a police spokeswoman said.
    The most eagerly awaited book of the year is due to be released on June 21 amid much fanfare. The first four books have sold almost 200 million copies in 55 languages and 200 countries.

3. TallonKaardgamer

TallonKaardgamer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    Are we going in costume to Borders Cary Friday night? I know this is impromptu but it might be fun. They have lots of events scheduled that nite.... :)

4. Jedi_Natalie

May 20, 2002
    Actually that sounds like fun:) . I really don't have anythign to wear dressed up for an even tlike that but maybe stopping by might prove very interesting - especially if they have stuff planned :D .

5. Psycho_Jedi

Psycho_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 26, 2002
    More Harry Potter drama:

June 18 ? Author J.K. Rowling sued the Daily News for $100 million Wednesday after the newspaper obtained an early copy of her new Harry Potter novel and published a preview, the book?s U.S. publisher said. The News published details of ?Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix? after buying a copy from a Brooklyn health food store that had mistakenly put the book out for sale before its Saturday release.

6. Jedi_Natalie

May 20, 2002
    Well looks like I'm goign to have to get up early Saturday morning so I'm not goign to be able to attend any events which is to bad cause they sound like fun. I'll have to get my copy on Sat or Sunday.

7. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    Natalie, sorry you can't make it. Gandalf will be there tonight in your stead. :)

8. stacey113

stacey113 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 8, 2001
    Don, don't forget to take plenty of pictures.

9. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    Gandalf made it there and had a terrific time.

10. Jedi_Natalie

May 20, 2002
    I got my copy Saturday. I got a couple comments when I was walking around the mall too when people saw that I had just bought Harry Potter. I'm going to try to read a chapter every nigth before bed - no matter how tired or busy I am. If I can keep this up it should help my brain calm down too - way to active when I go to sleep at night. Also want to get through the SW book I'm reading - but I want to read Harry Potter too..what a dillema.

11. TallonKaardgamer

Apr 9, 2002
    This is one of the nicest dilemmas to have. Enjoy your reading! :)

12. neojedi

neojedi Jedi Youngling

Nov 9, 2001
    Harry Potter?

I'd better post once this year so they don't delete my id... seems like I only drive over to Raleigh when there's something good on the IMAX anyway. :p

13. joehahn000

joehahn000 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 13, 2002
    I was at camp so I missed the party at boarders but my mom and sister (Age:3) went and my sister had to go to bed so my mom took her home.

14. BrianMan

BrianMan Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 16, 2000
    Ah, yes, the delightful problem of too much to read. This summer must be the year of the novel or something. While having just finished "Goblet of Fire" (an amazingly engaging work, I must say) leaves me wondering what nefariousness is next from Mr. Voldemort, I've gotta get my Star Wars fix with "Shatterpoint" and "Force Heretic II" before I can think about any more 900 page behemoths. Although from everything I've heard, maybe I should be.

Which reminds me, I need to find a new series to latch onto before the New Jedi Order wraps up in November. :_| Such a tragedy!

15. Jedi_Natalie

May 20, 2002
    Don't worry there will be plenty of Clone Wars novels coming out - more than enough to take full attention. I'm on the second Force Heretic rightnow - but got so busy haven' read ina while. So I picked up the 5th Harry Potter book - now I haven't read that one iin a while cause I've been to tired. I want to read both.... err just not enough time.

16. BrianMan

BrianMan Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 16, 2000
    Hopefully these Clone War novels will follow the distinguished NJO tradition, Shatterpoint is certainly a worthy heir. Mace Windu in his own adventure, delicious!

17. joehahn000

Dec 13, 2002
    OMG I am 50 pages from the end of TOotP and seris back just dided
    Please teel me if he comes back alive!!

(In black cause they are spoilers)(just hlighet it)

18. joehahn000

Dec 13, 2002
    heres a nice thing I found at camron village libray,

If you Have Read Harry Potter 5 you are invited to join the Order of the phnix discussion group Monday Augest 4th 2003 7-8 p.m.
    It is your chance to dissuss harrys latest.

those intrested in joining register (fast), AS GROUP SPACE WILL BE LIMETED.
    regester at the childerins serves desk or by calling 856-6723.

Open to readers of all ages.

Camron village libray
    1930 clark st
    Raleigh N.C 27605
    919-856-6723

right now ther are about 3 0r 4 people above 21 , about 5 or 6 in the age group13-20 and about 5-7 in the age group 6-12.

I may be wrong on haow many people are there but there are only a few spaces left!

19. Jedi_Natalie

May 20, 2002
    Thats really cool. I'm still onlya couple hundred pages in...just don't find time to read much...also not looking forward to my 100+ reading assignment for history in 1 night... uckk

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.