main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Chic, IL Harry Potter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by JediAutobot, Jun 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediAutobot

JediAutobot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2000
    Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. DarthJurist

DarthJurist Admin Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 10, 2000
    Hmmm.. me thinkist Carrie got her copy early. 8-}

~H~

3. JediJeff13

JediJeff13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Had mine by 12:35am.

These midnight release parties have got to go. ZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzz.......

4. Nostradamus

Nostradamus Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 2, 2000
    ....you should have been in Oak Park on Friday night! That place was crawling!! A few of us were out there (Me & Vince, partially in HP costumes, jedilore in her full Gryffindor Quidditch uniform and goat & femme dressed as supreme muggles) for the Diagon Alley event. There were thousands and thousands of people there! It was unreal!
    Vince got our book yesterday. I was at the hungerwalk. Quincy & Vince are fighting for it, but I think Vince will win on who gets to read it first. :)

I will bide my time and make a few HP costumes while I wait.........

5. ThomSolo

ThomSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 21, 2002
    I was working Harry Potter duty on Friday night into Saturday morning... ugh! Kids everywhere, activities all over the store, it was fun but grueling.

At least I have my book now. :)

6. DestinyFroste

DestinyFroste Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 6, 2002
    [color=660099]I reserved my copy at B&N about 3 months ago, then saturday comes and my parents are going to my nephews birthday party and want to give him the book. So...I gave my book up to make a 9 year old happy and now there are none to be found....Grrrrrrr![/color]

7. ThomSolo

ThomSolo Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 21, 2002
    We have them back now, Destiny.... ;-) Stop by the store sometime and pick one up.

I finished mine... it was a good read, but I think Goblet of Fire left me wanting to know what happens next far more than this one did. I got a serious (or was that Sirius?) sense of being in the hurricane's eye with Order of the Phoenix.

8. JediAutobot

JediAutobot Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2000
    Nope, didn't get it early just was excited. I finally got it Sat evening and just finished at 3am this morning. (And then had to be at work for special training at 8am). I would agree with Thom that it is not as a nail biting ending as the last one, but that's good! I don't think I could stand another wait like between Goblet and Order.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.