Provo Harry Potter

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by DarthIshtar, Jul 15, 2005.

Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby
  1. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
    This is rather off-topic, but anyone going to a midnight thing for this?

Who do you think will die?

Who's the Half-blood prince?
  2. BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler

star 5
    ACK! I CAN'T WAIT!

I'm going to a local HP Party tonight. I think the whole family's going, but I'm trying to make myself wait to at least start reading during the daytime, not as soon as the book is handed to me!

We've got a similar thread going on over in Mos Alba. Some people seem to think the HBP is Seamus.

3. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
    My votes are for Snape, Malfoy, or Lupin.
  4. BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler

star 5
    Ewwww! Snape a Prince?

And I don't think it could be Malfoy. He's full-blooded.

Lupin... Interesting.
  5. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
    I think Malfoy isn't full-blooded for very tabloid reasons.
  6. kateydidnt Force Ghost

star 4
    I am not giving in to speculation--but I will be getting my book at midnight at the BYU bookstore party! That way I can party from 11 to midnight with other potter fanatics and then sneak away with my book as soon as possible and run back down the hill to my apartment!

Gah! I vowed that I would finish my Harry Potter story before HBP came out and I did it! I didn't get much sleep last night but I posted about 14,000 words today completeing my story that was first posted April 2003 and first conceived December 2002.
    I'm rather exhausted. Maybe I'll take a nap when I get home--but cleaning checks are tomorrow so I need to clean before Harry Potter...
  7. kateydidnt Force Ghost

star 4
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]
    Ok, I am way too obsessed with Harry Potter--I just saw whis headline on Yahoo News:

HP Expected to Announce Massive Layoffs

And I just go Huh!?!?!?!

[face_laugh]
  8. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
    Hey! I didn't know there was going to be a bookstore party! I'm now going. Want to hook up?
  9. kateydidnt Force Ghost

star 4
    I justfinished reading the book...

I think I'm in shock.

yeah...I'm in shock...

:_| :eek: :_| :eek: :_| :eek: :_| :eek:
  10. BrotherHalo RSA Emeritus and Heckler

star 5
    Holy cow! Did you just read all night?

I'm only about three or four chapters in...
  11. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
    Bah! You're shocked and HELLO! I TOLD YOU SO AND SO DID DANA!
  12. Laura_Anu Jedi Master

star 4
    :_|

That book was awful!! Why?? WHY? I made my mom go buy ice cream to make me feel better after I finished on Saturday. Oh well...maybe the next one will make me happier.
  13. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
    Don't you mean Aweful? As in it made you awed? You know, awful the way my stories are... ;)
  14. Laura_Anu Jedi Master

star 4
    Yes, of course, I meant AWEFUL. Hahaha. I think that when I watch movies or read books that SHOULD make me cry, that I just shake instead. I was shaking at the end of Harry Potter. I have yet to read a fic that makes me shake...hahaha.
  15. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
    LOL. Good. I have no patience for the bawling masses who inhabit my fics.
  16. SpiritofEowyn Jedi Master

star 4
    I have just finished reading HP 6.

*SPOILER*

So you told Kateydidnt that D*** was going to die? How did you figure?
    Did you think there wasn't going to be a 7th year of school?
  17. DarthIshtar Chosen One

star 9
    Okay, I'm going to black out my answer, highlight to read. I have always figured, since Book 3 when it became apparent that Harry was having to rely almost exclusively on Ron and Hermione for help, that there would come a time when he could no longer rely on Dumbledore. By the end of Book 3, I realized that the way JK Rowling writes would make it so that he was stripped of his defenses and left to rely only on his friends. This meant that he would be facing Voldemort alone. I figured that Dumbledore would be killed in Book 6 from that point on because then Harry would have the entire Book 7 to adapt and shore up his defenses. That was made even more obvious when OOTP came out and he had to go up against the Death Eaters with Luna, Neville, Ginny, Ron, and Hermione. Also, since book 3, when Snape was revealed to be someone that Dumbledore inexplicably (to us) trusted, I figured that Voldemort would find a way to exploit it. He would be the perfect murderer because of that unflagging trust.
Moderators: DieWompRatDie, Grimby