main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Spring, MO Harry potter

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Jedi_Master_Psi, Jul 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Master_Psi

Jedi_Master_Psi Jedi Youngling

Jun 6, 2009

With the New Harry Potter coming out in theaters on the 15th, i was wondering if there would be any interest in having a few of us meet up to see it on either the 15th, or maybe Friday the 17th or Saturday the 18th. This one looks like its going to be the best one yet and i think going together could be a good ice breaker before the meeting in July!

so would there be interest in seeing HP6 together and if so, when and where!

2. VoijaRisa

VoijaRisa Jedi Master star 5

Oct 12, 2002
    I'm going to be going to the midnight show at Ronnies with my g/f if anyone wants to meet us there.

3. Jedi_Master_Psi

Jedi_Master_Psi Jedi Youngling

Jun 6, 2009
    at where! im sorry but im still really new to the St. Louis Area. That does sound like fun though

4. VoijaRisa

Oct 12, 2002
    Ronnie's 20 Cine.

5320 S Lindbergh Blvd
    Sappington, MO. 63126
    314-843-4336

Tickets are on sale currently for the midnight show according to their billboard.

5. echo-3

echo-3 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    I SO cant wait for this, I am a HUGE Potter Fan. :)

6. Vykk-Draygo

Vykk-Draygo Jedi Youngling

Jun 2, 2009
    I'm going to the midnight show at the Esquire with a few friends.

7. VoijaRisa

Oct 12, 2002
    I thought it was pretty good. They must have skipped a lot that I just didn't remember because this film didn't feel nearly as rushed as the past 2. But they managed to do it in such a way that it didn't feel like there were any loose strings.

Meanwhile, the screening I saw, the film caught fire just as Draco found Dumbledore in the astronomy tower. People were not happy.

8. Vykk-Draygo

Vykk-Draygo Jedi Youngling

Jun 2, 2009
    I enjoyed it immensely. They did cut out a lot, but most of what they cut was fluff. Interesting fluff, but fluff nonetheless. The only thing I loathed about it was the fight between the Death Eaters and the Order of the Phoenix. The fact that it was cut! Aaargh!Fenrir Greyback was just some hairy guy looking malevolent. A couple of the scenes were obviously not from the book, a couple of which didn't make sense, but they were small. Overall, it was an excellent adaptation, but Goblet of Fire is still my favorite of the movies, though Half Blood Prince is my favorite book, which might explain why I'm being so critical.

9. DovBer

DovBer Jedi Youngling

Jul 6, 2009
    I enjoyed it, but a lot of stuff didn't pay off, like the HBP himself. I think if the title wasn't HBP they would've removed that story point all together, and rightly so, in my opinion. And the BIG BIG BIG scene was definitely underwelming, IMO, as well.

10. spideymj

spideymj Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 4, 2005
    We saw Harry Potter yesterday. Two thumbs up. My only complaint is that they should ban stupid girls that wear Twilight shirts and gryffindor scarf that carry a plastic sword from even entering the theater. Of course her and her stupid friend sat right next to me and talked through the entire movie! grrrrrrrrrr Oh I so wanted to grab that sword and wack her over the head with it.

11. echo-3

echo-3 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    I loved it too!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.