main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NZ Harry Potter

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by SWNZ, Jun 27, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SWNZ

SWNZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    ****Non Spoiler Thread****

Ok I'm not ashamed to say I'm currently reading the Harry Potter books. I'm not much of a reader at all and had absolutely no intentions of even touching a Harry Potter book but my flat mates read them and said they were great so tentatively I started reading and well i'm on to book three now and thouroughly enjoying them.

If you've read them already don't spoil what happens :)

2. Humble extra

Humble extra Jedi Youngling star 5

Jun 12, 1999
    i read the first book a whil back, when i went and visited my parents, it was actually pretty good

3. SWNZ

SWNZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    The second book is better than the first and apparently the third is better than the second and the fourth is really good but it's mood changes, if that means anything (so i'm told)

4. Humble extra

Jun 12, 1999
    i would like to read the others, but i am too ashamed to go hire them or buy them, got to say, i dl the trailer the other day it sucked

5. SWNZ

SWNZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    I haven't seen the trailer yet but I'm pretty suspect about movies that come from books like this. Like the Roald Dahl books, they were always better in word form.

6. Kitt327

Kitt327 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
    Ah, Harry Potter. If only we had books like that when I was a sprout - all we had to read was endless paperback series books. Like the Babysitters Club. You guys wouldn't know about that, but it was terrible! Every few weeks they would pump out another one, rehashing the same story over and over and over . . . but you got so desperate for something to read you would just take it.

It wasn't that there weren't good writers out there - it's just they couldn't get published because they weren't 'marketable'.

Harry Potter changed all that, he's upped the standard. No more will kids have to tolerate paper thin characters and unoriginal plots.

Humble Extra - don't be ashamed to buy Harry Potter books, do what I do, and just take a big pile up to the counter, and say something like "It's my nephew's birthday, and I thought he might enjoy these." :D

7. SWNZ

SWNZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    I remember baby sitters club, My sister read them.
    I'm not sure and still am trying find out how and why kids of such a young age are in to Harry Potter. It just seems to me that the reading comprehention age of the books should be a lot older than some of the kids who are reading them. Rowling uses a lot of big descriptive woods that I even have to think about for a second and there's nothing wrong with my reading.

8. Obi-Jace

Obi-Jace Jedi Youngling star 3

May 20, 2001
    I'm glad you've learnt the ability to read SWNZ! But you should have started on the EU SW books first. Well after 'Jack has a red ball' anyway! lol :p

9. SWNZ

SWNZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    The only star wars books i've read are the original read along books that come with a tape. I own 4 star wars books and haven't read any of them.

10. Obi-Jace

May 20, 2001
    Some of the Eu books aren't much to read anyway. But some of them like the Tales seies are quite good.

11. ACERIMMERROCKS

ACERIMMERROCKS Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2001
    I saw the trailier for the movie when i went and saw shrek man it looks Crap.

12. SeanAGreen

SeanAGreen Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 9, 2000
    im 11 but i have a reading leveal of a 17 year old so its easy to read lol

13. Humble extra

Jun 12, 1999
    such is life

14. SWNZ

SWNZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    I just viewed the trailer on the website site and I think i'll just stick to the books, they're way better.

15. Obi-Jace

May 20, 2001
    Well I'm 29 and have the maturity of a 11 year old! lol

16. ACERIMMERROCKS

May 25, 2001
    Well me with the physical age of 14 the the intelliectual age of a 5 year old and a reading level of a 17 year old but i only read some EU novels, Battle Pope and Games Workshop.

17. Chansplace

Chansplace Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 2, 2001
    I just figured out how old Jace is.

18. ACERIMMERROCKS

May 25, 2001
  19. Obi-Jace

May 20, 2001
    No your reading skills have failed you! Look through the posts once more and it will all become clear....

20. ACERIMMERROCKS

May 25, 2001
    Ive told u all before i have dislexiea.

21. SWNZ

SWNZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Don't worry dude, keep looking and you'll find it :)

I'm off to bed to read Harry Potter cause it's getting exciting. L8R All.

22. Obi-Jace

May 20, 2001
    Books are always better than the movie versions. Just look at the book versions of the SW films, heaps more character development and the reasoning behind why the characters do what they do. And a few sneaky bits that refer to the prequels too!

23. Chansplace

Jan 2, 2001
    really?
    *sneaks off to read Ep1 novel*

24. Obi-Jace

May 20, 2001
    The book that has the most sneaky parts in it is ANH or just Star Wars, as it was in my day! Just the bit in the front 'Journal of the Whills' has a few interesting bits.

25. Chansplace

Jan 2, 2001
    yeah, that bits pretty cool, I have always wondered what exactly the journal of the whills refers to. I spose only lucas knows!?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.