main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NZ Harry Potter

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by SWNZ, Jun 27, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obi-Jace

Obi-Jace Jedi Youngling star 3

May 20, 2001
    In an interview with Lucas that I read, he explained that originally he was going to do the whole saga in a narrative style and 'The Journal of the whills' was going to be the title for it. Then after actually starting the novel and going through script changes, he used 'The Journal of the Whills' as a guideline for the rest of the saga. It was supposed to be some entity called the whills that documented the major happenings in the SW galaxy. If you read the book 'The Annotated Screenplays it goes into this idea more and shows just how much the script changed. Mace Windu was originally going to be the central character!

2. SWNZ

SWNZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Finished Harry Potter number 3 last night. It's the best of the series so far. You better go and get it out of the library Humble.

3. Obi-Jace

Obi-Jace Jedi Youngling star 3

May 20, 2001
    He's not allowed in the childrens section any more!

4. Kitt327

Kitt327 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 23, 2000
    After reading the whole series, I still liked number 1 the best. Probably because the ending of that surprised me the most. After that one, I was expecting the catch ending, so it wasn't such a surprise anymore.

5. SWNZ

SWNZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    I agree the first one is very good, but I like the way she tied everything in and you were still guessing at the end even though you knew something was up.
    Listen to me, I sound like I should be on Oprah's book review or somthing :D

6. Kahlan72

Kahlan72 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 27, 2000
    I was listening SWNZ. I lent my copy of Book 1 to my niece after reading only a chapter or so, because she was DYING to read it.
    She hasn't given it back yet!!! AAArrrrgh

7. Humble extra

Humble extra Jedi Youngling star 5

Jun 12, 1999
    i try, where possible to see the movie first, before reading the book....as teh book is usually better than the movie, you don't spoil yourself..... i can usually enjoy both that way

8. Kahlan72

Kahlan72 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 27, 2000
    That's an idea...when are they bringing out that Sword of Truth movie series??. :eek:( sometimes you just gotta stick to the book

9. Humble extra

Humble extra Jedi Youngling star 5

Jun 12, 1999
    well it does work, but as you suggest, its almost impossible to follow in reality, but when it does happen.....

10. SWNZ

SWNZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    I don't think that will work for me cause as soon as I know what happens I lose interest in a book real quick. I thinks that's why I've never read any SW books. I've tried.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.