main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Harry Powers/Doctar Whose/Serlong Halms Appreciation Threads

Discussion in 'Community' started by JoinTheSchwarz , Aug 2, 2014.

1. Hogarth Wrightson

Hogarth Wrightson Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 2, 2015
    Barfy Couch had that weird tongue like a snake's. No wonder they called him Barfy. He uses that same tongue to lick Jennifer Johnson in that Marvels animated TV show.

2. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    This is an outrage, my quirky friends. I just read that they are taking DOCTAR WHOSE out of Newflix! How can they do this to us Doctarites?

So, knowing that I wouldn't be able to finish the last season with David Tanner playing the Whose, I asked a friend who is a crazy DVD collector to see whether she could lend it to me.

"What's DOCTAR WHOSE? I have never heard of it. Sounds stupid."
    "Oh, no. It's a series about a powerful old man that always has younger sexy girls around him, and he basically has the power to decide if and when they can ever go home. It's very delightful."
    "Hmm, I think I have that."

So she gave me two discs, one labeled Emmanuelle and the other one labeled Story of O. They sound like quirky episodes! I'll let you know how I like them!

tom, Ender Sai, jp-30 and 2 others like this.
  3. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    =D=

Best post yet.

4. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    They were not very delightful. :(

EHT likes this.
  5. Luigi

Luigi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 10, 2006
    The books are better.

6. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    I hear that now showmaker Simon Mufti has been fired, there will be a whole new Doctar Whose as Patrick Vivaldi has also been dropped this means it will finally be time for Benadryl Cucumber to take his rightful throne as King of the Space Zoomers!

7. Boba Nekhbet

Boba Nekhbet Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2014
    I am very distraught that Sermon Muffot is leaving the show, however I am excited that he is being replaced by Kent Cheekball! As you all know Cheeky worked on the Doctar Whose spinoff Touchwood, and also worked with the Furpteenth Doctar Whose, Davey Tenders on a delightful and quirky show about a dead child.

8. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    OMG guys. There's a delightful Doctar Whose meme doing the rounds! It's fantastic and features Super-Man and The Batman totally in character!

[​IMG]

God I love these! So quirky! There's still talent in the world!

ophelia, Boba Nekhbet, Ramza and 2 others like this.
  9. Luigi

Luigi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 10, 2006
    I love all of these shows! so of course I had to write my own stories about them :p! Here is the first part to a story I am working on lately. It includes a race of aliens that I invented myself, but they don't really show up until later lol. I just thought I would share some of it with you. :D:p

LONDON 1885

I clambered across debris as fire reigned from the sky in vermillion swathes. Once again my people have brought death and destruction to a helpless world. I was running. My name is Artura. I am an Elongel. London is burning.

——

EARTH 2008

HArry Powers brandished his wand menacingly. “It’s the end of the road, Halzbarty. I have caught you at last!” Harry’s chocolate coloured, shaggy hair, billowed in the slight breeze, revealing the rugged scar above his trendy circular glasses which framed his oval face perfectly, making him impossibly even more handsome, and a sly victorious grin was painted onto his face, giving him a roguish, lighthearted quality that endeared most everyone he met to him. His eyes, the colour of his mother’s, sparkled with childlike glee. Halzbarty’s quivering, pathetic form pressed itself into the brick wall at the end of the alley. His putrid, puss colored skin stark against the vibrant brick. “Don’t hurt me” he stammered, cowering more and more with Harry’s every step. “I don’t want to go back to Azkhabistan!” “Well that’s where you belong for using black magic on moggins!” Harry retorted “Expellorama!” he commanded, in powerful, yet dulcet tones, and Halzybart’s form slammed forcefully into the brick, rendering him onconscience.

“Great job out there, Powers.” Harmony said, flipping her chestnut locks over her shoulder with a flick of her lily skinned wrist. “Your work in the field has been invaluable to the Ministry. But, please, won’t you consider stopping? It’s so dangerous!” She regards him fondly with her cerulean orbs as the pair stood in her office. On the door there is a plaque that reads ‘Harmony Grunger: head of research and development for the ministry of wizards.’ He returns her longing gaze, but quickly breaks away, thinking of his dearest friend Rob. He focuses his gaze instead outside of the window, turning his back on her. A shadow of pain crossing over his handsome face. “You know I can’t do that. I have to find the man who…” he trails off, unable to continue through the pain of loss. Harmony placed a milky white hand on his shoulder. “There’s nothing you can do, now. They’re gone.” she says, sympathetically. “There is one way.” Harry says. “You know we can’t do that.” Harmony protests, as Harry turns on her, staring at her intensely with those eyes the colour of his mother’s. For a moment she is lost in those eyes. For a moment she forgets her own loss, ready to embrace the present. Harry grabbed her hand. “You could help me” he says. “You know I can’t.” she retorts, as they draw nearer to each other, her breathing has become more rapid as her heart flutters being so close to him. They hold their gaze for what seems like an eternity before she breaks away. “We can’t go down that path.” Harmony says. “There must be some way” Harry says, determinedly. “I will find a way to bring them back!” Harry stormed out of Harmony’s office, as she slumped to a chair, overcome with a flood of so many emotions. She felt guilty for having feelings for him, but she had to move on eventually. They both did. Hopefully before he got himself killed hunting down dark wizards.

10. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Not enough adjectives, .......s, and !!!!!!!s.

11. Luigi

Luigi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 10, 2006
    lol :p:D

12. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    It's so good! It makes you really feel! I'm totally breaking the "no fanfics" rule for you, Luigi!

13. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    can't wait for more!!!!

14. Boba Nekhbet

Nov 30, 2014
    Hi Luigi, that's a great first draft, but I have some constructive criticism for you! The plot seems a little straightforward, apart from the large time jump at the beginning (GREAT touch!) everything moves very linearly. A great way to improve your writing is to tell the story "non-linearly", which means to jump around in the timeline so that the reader gets to put an effort into understanding how all the pieces of the puzzle fit together. ;) I also noticed that there was no twist at the end, you should try to make sure that your endings are always unpredictable, this is more "compelling" for the audience and gives them a reason to keep reading. Hope that all made sense to you, please send me a PM if you have any more questions or want me to read over your next draft to give you some improvements or to offer you some more tips and ways to improve your writing or draw the reader into the story a little more and keep them reading or wanting to come back for more. Good luck!

15. Luigi

Luigi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 10, 2006
    I can't find the pm button :oops:[face_blush] but thanks for your feedback!:) I have been writing for a long time but it is always good to get advice from fellow writers! :p

JoinTheSchwarz likes this.
  16. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    I respectfully disagree Boba Nekhbet as I think Luigi perfectly captured the quirky and delightful tone of the original series. Some other fanfics in this thread are too liberal with the source material and the pairings are downright ridiculous (I don't have any problem with gay people but, really, do we need to have fourteen fics devoted to Harry x Rob? Some of us don't want to read about that, even though there's nothing wrong with that sinful filth.) but Luigi shows a real devotion to the franchise canon without needlessly introducing Mary Sue OCs and unnecessarily pretentious styles. This is a Harry Powers thread, not an English class, jeez.

Anyway please add me to the PM update list, can't wait for more!

a star war and JoinTheSchwarz like this.
  17. Boba Nekhbet

Nov 30, 2014
    ok.............................well im blocking you Ramza, nothign personal i just think your wrong and its a little rude to disagree with me when im just trying to help. i guess someone else in the thread can let me know if he apologizes and ill think about unblocking........

a star war and jp-30 like this.
  18. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    OMG you can't just post about blocking me in public, post reported I hope you enjoy you're ban!

a star war likes this.
  19. Boba Nekhbet

Nov 30, 2014
    Did somebody post anything? Because I don't see any responses to my post................

20. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    I'm guessing you are American Luigi? I think what you really need Luigi is someone to Brit Pick your story. You obviously get the world but since I went to the Kingdom of England a couple times I can tell these characters do not talk like British people. No offense :) Loved the story otherwise, but if you want someone to get your Harry Powers dialogue sounding British (use phrases like "I was sat" and "c'mon bruv"), I am not British but can help. If you find a real British that's ok too but most ppl here are Americans who have not ever been to Ireland like I have.

21. JoinTheSchwarz

Nov 21, 2002
    I don't think there's any need for British vernacular. He totally nailed the quirkiness and delight!

22. Luigi

Luigi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 10, 2006
    yes I am american but I watch a lot of british television I am a big fan and have been watching for a long time :p Mostly just Doctar Whose and Serlong Holmes, so I think I have a pretty good idea of how the dialogue should be since those shows are really well written ;) Thanks for the offer, though! This place is really helpful and friendly! :D

23. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Ok, I just didn't want our English friends to read your work and make you embaressed, lol. but they will probably like the story even if characters sounded like Martians just bc it's sooooooo good! :D

24. Luigi

Luigi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 10, 2006
    Thanks for all of the responses!:D:p I guess I will share the next part now! :D

SOMEWHERE IN SPACE AND TIME

Sirens blared alarmingly and annoyingly as Doctar Whose wrestled heroically with the controls of the TARDING. The TARDING was, at this moment, careening through space on an unknown course. Whose attempted to catch his bearings, but was hit in the face by a gush of steam from the main console. “ooh, cheeky girl!” he exclaimed, playfully, giving his bowtie a generous tug.

CLANG CLAR CLANG! WHOOSH!OOOoooOOOoooOOO! The TARDING set down unceremoniously, sending Doctar WHOSE falling to his firm but shapely behind in a gangly mess of limbs. “What was that all about?” he enquired, but the TARDING was coyly silent, as usual. Whose pulled himself to his feet, brushing his quirky, checkered pants with one hand and adjusting his bowtie with the other. He checked the appearance of his perfectly quaffed caramel hair. He winks at his reflection, “You do love bowties!” he said, and flashed a naughty, sardonic grin at himself. “Now, to find out where—make that when!—we are!” he proclaimed excitedly, jaunting to the door of the TARDING. “There’s a whole universe out there, TARDING, just waiting to be explored!” he exclaimed, excitedly. He was eagerly rubbing his hands together, anticipating his next great adventure. He knew something was not right from the moment he stepped outside of the door! Where London should have been was a series of blackened craters filled with debris. Whose whipped out his light screwdriver, ready for anything, a look of steely determination crossed his face followed by dismay at the sight of London, the town he loved a lot, in ruin. There is the sound of rubble moving behind him, and he spins around, brandishing the screwdriver heroically. “what goes there, then?” he exclaimed, partly excited to discover something new, and partly apprehensive about the nature of the creature or what it could be and whether or not it was dangerous or not. It was an Elongel soldier, in his gleaming silver armor which shone brilliantly in the sunlight. His hair was a fair and pale, and flowed down to his back, cascading out of his helmet like it was spun silver. The visor of the helmet covered his eyes, but beneath they were brilliant emeraldine, like most Elongal. Even with half of his face covered, Doctar Whose was struck by the regal alien beauty. He did not remember ever having seen anything like it. The Elongel soldier sneered at him. “You should not be here!” he declared, brandishing his laser rifle menacingly. “We have been ordered to destroy this planet and all of it’s beauty for the glory of the Elongel empire!” Whose was smirking devilishly. “Then I guess it’s a good thing I am not from this planet!” The rifle made a BWEE noise as it powered it’s crystallic core. “STOP!” a voice rang out. It was rich and melodious and lovely, and for a brief moment Doctar Whose was transfixed by its reverberations off of the cobblestone wreckage. The Elongal soldier was also frozen, but for a seemingly different reason. A shadow of recognition passed over his face as he observed the new stranger. “It’s you!” he exclaimed, his expression souring. “Yes, it’s me!” the voice revealed itself. Doctar Whose could tell that these two were of the same species, but if he had been taken aback by the beauty of the soldier, he was even more so by this newcomer. She wore no helmet, and Whose could see her entire face, illuminated by the mid-afternoon sun, which shone off of her long, golden locks almost blindingly. her large, harlequin coloured eyes were almost glowing in her perfect, diamond face. Like the soldier, she was tall and slim, but athletic and sinewy, and her skin was a pale celadon colour. I walked across the barren courtyard towards the soldier, who had temporarily lost his composure, “But I have no idea who you are.” she said, and in a blur she was on top of the soldier, disarming and incapacitating him in one fluid motion. He slumped to the cobbles in a heap of silver, sparkling armor. “I do, on the other hand, know who you are.” she said, turning her gaze upon Doctar Whose. “Most people have to ask.” he said, managing to keep his composure. She was so beautiful and dangerous, it was difficult for even him to keep his wits about him—he had never seen anyone so attractive. “I need your help” she says, approaching him slowly, unable to shed her predatory, stalking walk. “I get that a lot.” he said, all three of his hearts increasing their pace. “Well then, shall we?” she asks, leading him to the TARDING. “I heard it’s bigger on the inside.” she said, suggestively, pushing the door open. “Well” he said, following eagerly behind. “Avanti!”

25. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I still need to catch up on Doctor Whose, I heard he went loony like Loony Lovebetter when that Carol Sue person got eaten by ravens like in the Poe flick or poem or something. Then Doctor Whose went swimming in the Black Lake for a billion years with the Giant Squid or maybe he was supposed to swim in the Black Lake but that sounds racist so I don't know...