main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Orlando, FL Harry Saw It (Prob more than you want to know about AOTCs)

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Sandy, Mar 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sandy

Sandy Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 16, 2002
    To all,

This was tipped to me this morning. Harry Knowles, self-proclaimed phantom movie reviewer, watched the rough cut of AOTCs and has posted his review with endless spoilers. According to the Drudge Report (normally dedicated to political and social events) Harry did actually see the real thing.

For those of you who didn't catch it the first time around, this is full of SPOILERS! If you want to preserve any mystery of the movie, don't read this article. For those who don't care and want to suck up as much info as possible, this will likely be the best source for the next two months.

The URL is http://www.aintitcool.com/display.cgi?id=11796 .

I haven't read the review and only read the title on the page to ensure I loaded the proper URL.

Lastly, I ask that anyone who does read this keeps their comments to themselves and respect those who don't want to ruin the mystery.

Sandy

2. Cigam Retah

Cigam Retah Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 30, 1999
    I saw that. As a spoiler junkie, I was enthralled by what he had to say. I was also intriged at the idea that Episode 2 will make Episode 1 a better film.

3. Sabacc

Sabacc Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    The Lucasfilm camp has said for years that Ep1 was by definition, exposition. Making it necessary, if not the most enthralling. I'm glad somebody outside the Ranch that's seen most of the new picture is agreeing.

There's no good reason to see the site if you don't want the spoilers, but if you've been following the spoilers closely the review holds little new. What it does contain is unabashed excitement from a periodically critical Harry. I'm a spoiler reader so reading his review just stoked me into overdrive for the premiere.

Campbell

4. Sandy

Sandy Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 16, 2002
    I also heard from some of the effects guys I know that Ep2 makes Ep1 sit better because Lucas and company did a lot of backtracking from their original plans for the new trilogy to make it more pallatable to traditional fans since Ep1 got a lukewarm response compared to what they were expecting. They also did a lot of reworking to cover up the imcompatability issues between Ep1 and the original trilogy.
    I've heard that Lucas listened more to the team around him a this time which made for a better film. I intentionally didn't read this article because it was supposed to be full of spoilers so I can't comment how well it addressed those aspects.

Sandy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.