main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Has a forum change ever been considered?

Discussion in 'Communications' started by Charlie_Martel, Mar 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    I can't possibly be the only one who has no complaints about this system and loves it, am I?

2. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    I have some minor complaints, but I realize that there will be glitches and problems with just about any board this size.

3. Charlie_Martel

Charlie_Martel Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2001
    "What features do they have that we don?t have that you want?"

Good god I can't name them all :D
    The ones I like most are probably:
    • Functional "go to post" (not just highlighting the top of the post)

• List of online users (and users browsing a certain forum)

• A way to actually view past posts when posting without having to open a new window (to me that gets extremely annoying)

• Having a box that can insert emoticons (or shows the "code" (such as ;D)) when actually posting, like vBB. I'm sorry but I can't memorize how to make the emoticons and can't stand having to open a new window and click a link :D

• Same as above but for actual codes (like linking, images). I forget some of the codes a lot (since they're not the same as other forums) and hate having to open a new window :D

• Pretty much everything vBB has that IGNBoards doesn't!

Don't waste your time thinking of theories of how to do these things. It's not a big deal if I'm the only one that thinks this way. It must be because I'm so used to the other board types :)

4. YodaJeff

YodaJeff Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 18, 2001
    Well, there is a list of Users Online. Just about all the other things you mentioned could be done by opening another window (even if you don't like having to do so ;) ).

5. DarthSapient

DarthSapient Jedi Youngling star 10

Jun 26, 2001
    There's always something better with any product in the world. But there's something to be said for the one you're used to that ain't broke.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.