main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Has anybody read Shatterpoint?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by LordMajinn, Jun 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LordMajinn

LordMajinn Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 19, 2004
    Its about Mace Windu going to haruun kal to find his old apprentice, Depa Billaba. It seems she's behind a series of brutal killings within the jungles of haruun kal. This book gets better from there but I was wondering has anyone read it? To anyone who has not read it you should check it ou sometime.

---Signature---
    "You'll pay the price for your lack of vision."- Darth Sidious

2. Tam_Elgrin

Tam_Elgrin Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2004
    A lot of people have. I agree with you, it's an exceptional book, highly reccomended.

You can read some reviews for it here, if you so wish:

http://boards.theforce.net/Literature/b10003/11891489/?151

3. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002
    Yet it doesn't shed too much light why she went dark in the first place, or what happens to her. I'll know more when I read it.

4. Kyle-Katarn_wannabe

Kyle-Katarn_wannabe Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 12, 2004
    No offense but you've got to be careful asking a question like that here, The fact is that if a SW book exists then the people here have read it.

5. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Not necessarily the case, if enough people have heeded the frequent warnings about The Crystal Star, for example ;)

6. Even__Piell

Even__Piell Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2001
    I haven't read Shatterpoint yet, mainly because I don't want to spend all that extra $$$ on a hardcover. BTW, is the paperback version out yet?

7. Pellaeon-Firke

Pellaeon-Firke Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 2, 2004
    It's been out for over 6 weeks, comes with a special prologue from GL and a Stover short story, and is quite a bargain.

8. Even__Piell

Even__Piell Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 6, 2001
    I'll have to buy it then :D

9. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    Shatterpoint, like Traitor before it, was a very strong entry to the world of Star Wars literature, and offered a suprisingly dark but realistic romp through the horrors of war. To those who haven't read this book, do so immediately. Interestingly enough, Shatterpoint is the only SW book I would recommend to a non-fan.

10. Blithe

Blithe Jedi Master star 4

Jun 24, 2003
    To me, it was almost like the book was showing how Jacen should have handled himself in traitor.....

11. Excellence

Excellence Jedi Knight star 7

Jul 28, 2002
    Aust won't see it till July.

12. ThrawnRocks

ThrawnRocks Jedi Master star 6

Apr 10, 2004
    I'm reading it, and it is great! Of course Nick is the best character, despite his boring name. ;)

13. LordMajinn

LordMajinn Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 19, 2004
    I finished reading this book weeks ago. I love the way the book is filled with tension. The action gets so intense, its a real page turner. I mean sometimes I couldn't stop reading, the story just sucks you in. I also like some of the irony in the book as well. One part is how mace says palpatine would make a great jedi. I found that pretty funny. I've been wanting to check out New Jedi Order also. I hope its as good as this one.

---Signature---
    "Your lack of faith disturbs me."-Darth Vader

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.