main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

PT Has anyone actually felt physically ill watching the prequels?

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Derek Tonkin, Apr 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Derek Tonkin

Derek Tonkin Jedi Youngling

Mar 29, 2016
    Whenever I happen upon one of the prequels and watch a little - I can feel the life draining from me. The prequels seem to have a life draining effect. It's as if they want all of my energy for themselves because they are short on supply.

2. Darthman92

Darthman92 Force Ghost star 6

Feb 24, 2016
    Well, I have a real hard time imaging this thread going anywhere productive.

Though I at least finally now have my opportunity to proclaim:

[​IMG]

3. mikeximus

mikeximus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 6, 2012
    No, but when I happened upon your thread here, I felt any intellect I may have (albeit there isn't much), quickly drain from my body...

4. KaleeshEyes

KaleeshEyes Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 16, 2016
    Oh, well I was going to say that some of the action sequences have a slightly disorienting effect, you know, like seasickness -although is probably from watching late at night when I'm tired and haven't drunk enough water-, but apparently it's one of those threads.

Please, don't be silly. If you're looking for a reaction it'll be from the moderators, not us.

DarthCricketer likes this.
  5. Jarren_Lee-Saber

Jarren_Lee-Saber Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2008
    I feel like the author of this thread is killing and draining brain cells.

trikadekaphile and KaleeshEyes like this.
  6. museinwoodenshoes

museinwoodenshoes Jedi Master star 4

Nov 25, 2015
  7. HaloWithStyle

HaloWithStyle Jedi Master star 2

May 11, 2015
    You know when I went to ROTS atleast 5 kids vomited during the scene where Anakin burns alive. There were kids screaming and crying and parents running around yelling... it was chaos.

8. Cryogenic

Cryogenic Force Ghost star 5

Jul 20, 2005
    Has anyone actually felt physically ill watching the prequels?

No.

But reading hateboy posts? Yes.

I think it's just all that anti-prequel poison draining from your body.

That said, when I was younger and got sick, if I tried watching something like "Star Trek: The Next Generation" while battling/recuperating, I'd sometimes have a slightly spacey feeling. Probably the fact that it was set in space. Or the bright bridge lighting. Or the space-sequin curtain used in the Observation Lounge. Or that weird tinny action music. Or Wesley Crusher.

Okay, I have misspoken against "Star Trek: The Next Generation", and must now re-watch all 178 episodes. Even the Wesley Crusher ones.

Or I'll just hit myself in the head with Larry Nemecek's companion guide, instead.

9. AussieRebel

AussieRebel Jedi Grand Master star 2

May 2, 2005
    No, but as Cryogenic says, the incessant hate does get me down. I have to leave the boards (I don't post much anyway) for extended periods. When I do that and return to the prequels I'm always surprised (for some reason) at how much I actually love them. Go figure.

oierem likes this.
  10. astronaut23

astronaut23 Jedi Master star 2

Jan 9, 2005

No thats kinda the way I felt about TFA though to be honest. Short on anything original.

Prisic Duskleap likes this.
  11. astronaut23

Jan 9, 2005

Yeah if I read a bunch of stuff from haters not he internet it gets me down kinda but then I go watch one of the PT films and end up loving it. When I watch the movies I'm thinking what the hell did they watch that they hate so much? Then I actually I feel sorry for them cause they don't love the movies cause I think they are missing out.

Its also why TFA promotion leaves a bad taste in my mouth. Star Wars didn't need saving or a return to anything for me. The PT was great. ;)

AussieRebel likes this.
  12. Cryogenic

Cryogenic Force Ghost star 5

Jul 20, 2005
    Are you guys actually trying to rescue this thread with serious discussion?

Well, alright, I'll add that I've always found the hatred of the films bemusing, too.

I mean, I get that the prequels have a different look and feel, and depict a tragedy -- that is, a story where all the characters make some pretty significant mistakes -- but they're fantastic spectacle, and have so much going on.

I do think the hatred and misunderstanding will simmer down in time. I think it might have already begun to. Check back in another five or ten years and it'll all seem like one integrated, diverse saga. Yes, even, I suspect, with the Disney ones.

Time will tell.

trikadekaphile likes this.
  13. AussieRebel

AussieRebel Jedi Grand Master star 2

May 2, 2005
    If Ep 8 can find a lyrical tone, a style that merges the sheer colour of the PT with the great mythic depth of the OT (not that the PT lacks mythic depth, mind you), I think the three trilogies will stand a better chance of seeming like a congruous whole. Even if this happens, however, Abrams' offering with TFA will continue to stick out like a sore thumb, I think. Sure, it boasts "practical effects" but they are shallowly executed and the film offers very little memorable in regards to its design. TIEs with white wings? hmm give me a break.

The Dubrovnik sets give me hope - I feel as though the Republic, or something like it, has returned, and the efflorescence of Naboo is not wholly lost. Not wholly so, to quote Tolkien.

Cryogenic likes this.
  14. astronaut23

Jan 9, 2005

Yeah even me who is critical of TFA is open minded enough to think that its possible that I could end up liking the ST more than any of the other trilogies if episodes 8 and 9 turn out to be great movies. Its possible but they will have to be much more original films and give us a story that does not follow so close to a movie thats come before.

Cryogenic likes this.
  15. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.